May 25, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four failed chances to clear the zone and it is in the net.... Probably the series right there....

I guess when you don't show up until the third period of game four you can't expect to win the series....

Just brutal by Des and Markov.

DD should have got the puck out and then Markov fxCked up twice :wall::wall:

Guest Stogey24

Markov just shit the bed hard there. Where was Max Pacioretty that game? He did absolutely nothing

Better effort, but three pet peeves:

1) they need to mix up the bottom 3 lines. Only the DD line sustained prolonged pressure. The other line were good in spurts, but there just isn't much chemistry.

2) I'm tired of GIonta's and Bournival's shooting right into Lundquists bread basket. IF you are going to shoot hoping for a rebound, Lundquist isn't going to give them up there.

3) the biggest complaint - All night long the tabs get cute trying to lear the zone and it finally cost them. All the D were guilty. THe worst were probably weaver and Bouillon followed by Markov and Emelin. On one shift, Subban gave it up 3 times. THe forwards like DD, Bourque and MaxPac also did a horrible job clearing the zone.

Usually I like when I get the OT pick right but certainly not in this case.

This is where home ice will really come into play. It's an elimination game but at least it's at home where the crowd might be able to give the Habs the extra push they needed tonight. They played well in the second half of the game and even in overtime so they've shown they're still in this.

That was a heartbreaker. Habs have only led for a few minutes in the whole series. Rangers are kicking our butts. Badly. They can't deal with fast forechecking teams. Hey you gotta win four. It ain't over. Besides, if someone told me at the beginning of the year that the Habs would be in the east quarter final, I would have taken it. Let's make it seven games.

That was a heartbreaker. Habs have only led for a few minutes in the whole series. Rangers are kicking our butts. Badly. They can't deal with fast forechecking teams. Hey you gotta win four. It ain't over. Besides, if someone told me at the beginning of the year that the Habs would be in the east quarter final, I would have taken it. Let's make it seven games.

that's bcoz of their D is too slow. Emelin, Gorges, Bouillon, Markov and Weaver don't have any speed. Weaver has really been exposed in this series. Bouillon and him were hemmed in their own end far too long and both are horrible at clearing the zone. Markov also is not making the simple play to move to clear the puck either.

They really need another guy like Subban - who they have in Beaulieu that can help the transition. The rangers aren't any faster then the habs, but their D is much better in moving the puck forward.

I am willing i bet that defensive speed will be a priority for bergevin in the near future.

Yep. The only two Dmen that are locked up next year (Gorges/Emelin) are pretty slow. I think they need to move Gorges, given that I think they still need to resign Markov (who is also slow after his multiple knee operations).

Subban and Beaulieu are good building blocks. But there is not much quickness with Emelin, Gorges, Markov and Tinordi.

Yup..that's about it. So far the Rangers deserve this series and may yet get it, but the home crowd and bench advantage may well kick us into whatever high gears we may or may not have left on the bus. After a long game guys are sometimes just running on fumes and it may be that brain cramps and low percentage desperation stabs are all one has left at times.

Oh well. . the boys tried really hard.. and we're off to Montreal. We had our chances.

It's not quite the let down that the flyers were. Game two, the Habs played well and Henry stole it. Game three battled for the win. Game four outplayed, but dangerous all night. I'm not even talking about game one.

We need to make serious adjustments to our defense going forward. We've been one of the slowest and softest defensive cores for a long time now and that needs to change. Tired of all the failed clearing attempts and icings.

They needed to score on that PP. The NBC boyz were relieved, like Robin Hood just slayed the Big Bad Wolf. Next game:

1) Either put Vanek with the top line or bench him outright. Having him float around the bottom 6 is ruining the chemistry from the first two series.

2) Put Beaulieu back in. The bottom pairing sucked, and although Bouillon scored, he didn't play enough minutes, which was his purpose in the first place.

3) There would be a third bulletin, but I thought they played well. The Rangers were undisciplined, if not stupid.

Except for game 1, there's a strong case to be made that the worse team has won every game. The Rangers beat Pittsburgh down 3-1, and the Kings and Chicago beat St Louis and San Jose when they were in a hole. They still have to lose one more game. Two of which are in the Bell Center.

Zero shots for Pacioretty and Eller. Vanek had two shots, one of which was a tip.

They needed to score on that PP. The NBC boyz were relieved, like Robin Hood just slayed the Big Bad Wolf. Next game:

1) Either put Vanek with the top line or bench him outright. Having him float around the bottom 6 is ruining the chemistry from the first two series.

2) Put Beaulieu back in. The bottom pairing sucked, and although Bouillon scored, he didn't play enough minutes, which was his purpose in the first place.

3) There would be a third bulletin, but I thought they played well. The Rangers were undisciplined, if not stupid.

Except for game 1, there's a strong case to be made that the worse team has won every game. The Rangers beat Pittsburgh down 3-1, and the Kings and Chicago beat St Louis and San Jose when they were in a hole. They still have to lose one more game. Two of which are in the Bell Center.

Zero shots for Pacioretty and Eller. Vanek had two shots, one of which was a tip.

Ummm.....

You have to get galchenyuk and vanek off their current lines.

Gionta and pleks have been pretty lousy at their worst and only average at their best. They are an anchor for Galchenyuk. He's had chemistry with Eller. Throw in a creative Vanek in he mix and you have potentially two very explosive offensive lines. IMO, MT's use of Vanek and Galchenyuk is mind boggling.

Same thing with the PP. 9 bloody chances. Why Pleks and Gionta are even on the PP is beyond me.

You have to get galchenyuk and vanek off their current lines.

Gionta and pleks have been pretty lousy at their worst and only average at their best. They are an anchor for Galchenyuk. He's had chemistry with Eller. Throw in a creative Vanek in he mix and you have potentially two very explosive offensive lines. IMO, MT's use of Vanek and Galchenyuk is mind boggling.

Same thing with the PP. 9 bloody chances. Why Pleks and Gionta are even on the PP is beyond me.

They have to make a choice between Plekanec and Eller next year. Galchenyuk needs to make the jump next year. This team is in the ECF, and with Price in, they're in the finals. Ditch Briere, Gio and Plex, get a good winger for Galchenyuk, and "be the future!"

They have to make a choice between Plekanec and Eller next year. Galchenyuk needs to make the jump next year. This team is in the ECF, and with Price in, they're in the finals. Ditch Briere, Gio and Plex, get a good winger for Galchenyuk, and "be the future!"

I agree, next year Galchenyuk definitely needs to have his role increased with the team. I also hope we shy away from bringing in stopgap type players like Murray and Bouillon. We either need to start playing our younger players or trade for actual upgrades to our roster.

Also I don’t expect Vanek back but we still do need a top 6 forward. Ideal to me would be a young player that can be part of the core alongside Pacioretty, Gallagher, Subban, Galchenyuk, and Price.