Oct. 11, Habs vs Flyers, 7 PM

dlbalr

seems to me like Plekanec is having a hay day NOT going against the other team's Top Line every shift. Thank you Manny, for taking on half of that responsibility.

One thing seems likely...had we traded Pleks in order to give his job to Eller, as so many fans were advocating, we'd now be 0-3. ;)

I think if they would have made that move, it was more to make room on the second line for Galchenyuk to play Center, not anything to do with Eller. But i'm certainly glad they didn't, don't care what people say, i'll take the poor man's Datsyuk on my team any day, and thats what Pleks basically represents.

I dont believe it. Came back from the video store and they are in a shoot out!! I BLEW IT !

He was when i wrote that....or close. reg shift and pk.

They still have video stores??? where do you live - 2005??

I was just hooking up my high def box and switched to another channel from a leaf game.... and pop! there it was 3-3 in Philly.

And we won!

I'll take it.. with no soul wrenching earlier periods!

Yeah Pleks!!

seems to me like Plekanec is having a hay day NOT going against the other team's Top Line every shift. Thank you Manny, for taking on half of that responsibility.

I think if they would have made that move, it was more to make room on the second line for Galchenyuk to play Center, not anything to do with Eller. But i'm certainly glad they didn't, don't care what people say, i'll take the poor man's Datsyuk on my team any day, and thats what Pleks basically represents.

Pleks looks like he is on a mission this year. Is it a contract year for him ?

Started watching the game at the third period mark. Was rewarded by the habs coming back to tie the game. Then the PK kill in OT was a beauty. And finally the shootout win was icing on the cake. And good sleep. I'll take it but not sure how much longer I can handle being spoiled by my beloved Les Canaidens...

GO HABS GO!

My poor heart is willing if you are Habs! keep it exicting and keep raking in the points too please.

GO HABS GO!

Plek has two more years on his contract. I think part of it is Galchenyuk and the other part is no longer having to play Gionta hockey.

Gionta has been unfairly bashed by a lot of Habs fans as of late but I do feel Plekanec is happy to have different wingers. Plus there's more zest in his game when he doesn't have to take every defensive zone faceoff every night.

One of the most fun games I've watched in a long time! I was saying to myself "at least score one goal." Then push in the third blew me away! Don't see the comeback coming.

Two things that stuck out to me

1) Tinordi had a hell of a game. Not only did he bring a physical game, he made great first passes, an showed some skill multiple times throughout the game. The man can pivot great for 6'6!

2) pk subban better bring more than last night, or 9 million dollars won't be in the right spot. Thought he had a real bad game. I saw last night that he still has to get his head on a little straighter. Took a real stupid penalty, and gives into too much bull shipoop.

But! Very reassured by the resilience the boys are showing. Now to start a game strong for once!

pk subban better bring more than last night, or 9 million dollars won't be in the right spot. Thought he had a real bad game. I saw last night that he still has to get his head on a little straighter. Took a real stupid penalty, and gives into too much bull shipoop.

I'm getting fed up of him trying to make every hit with his ass...he needs to start hitting with his shoulder and not letting guys squeeze by along the boards so much because of his stupid ass-first hits.

Yes, PK did not look good. Over the past two seasons, a game like that would have been written off as growing pains. But he's now a certifiably gigantic cap hit and can NOT play confused hockey like he did all night. If he keeps that up, the wonderful work of Parnell Karl is going to quickly degenerate into a Dion Phaneuf-ish nightmare. I am slightly concerned that the big contract and the 'A' - and also perhaps the loss of veteran leaders like Gorges - are going to make him less pliant to coaches and other voices who might be inclined to call him out when he sucks. But there's nothing for it now, we have to have faith in PK.

On Pleks, Link67 called it. He no longer has to take every single tough defensive-zone faceoff, thanks to Malholtra, and he is revelling right now in being unshackled and able to play a more offensive game. Obviously he is not going to score every night, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a significant uptick in his numbers. Tim Thomas, who oughtta know, once said "Plekanec is a scorer." Actually, what he is is a hugely versatile player who can play every kind of game, including a scoring game. It has driven me crazy for a while now that so many fans can't appreciate what he brings to the team, being merely its best, or at worst second-best, forward. And Link, the fans who have wanted him gone wanted him gone to make room, not for Galy, but for Lars Eller. More proof that if you listen to the fans you'll be sitting up there with 'em in no time.

Was nice to see Tinordi have a 15+minute solid game (5 hits/4 blocks) and Markov is simply awesome, not sure why he wasn't #1 star?

Beaulieu played 18+minutes and was OK.

Gilbert still seems darn shaky.

Plekanec detractors are awful quiet! :rastapop:

We are just repeating the same things said last season, replacing "Maybe the Norris got to his head" with "maybe the contract and the A got to his head"

Good point. 3 games in 4 nights is not an ideal situation in which to correct flaws in one's game, so maybe we should cut him some slack! Also, apparently his advanced stats last night were through the roof. :huh: Still, that's the kind of scrutiny you get when you sign for $9 mil.

Come to think of it, starting the season 3-0 with that brutal an opening week schedule really is quite a feat. And our pessimism about the first two periods really should have been tempered by an awareness of how horrendous that schedule was. We just might have a team here, folks.

"If pleks was traded habs would be 0-3" Dont know .... while you were playing what if you failed to mention who pleks would have been traded for??. But yes he is being used better, and is not anchored with Gionta.

Yes, PK did not look good. Over the past two seasons, a game like that would have been written off as growing pains. But he's now a certifiably gigantic cap hit and can NOT play confused hockey like he did all night. If he keeps that up, the wonderful work of Parnell Karl is going to quickly degenerate into a Dion Phaneuf-ish nightmare. I am slightly concerned that the big contract and the 'A' - and also perhaps the loss of veteran leaders like Gorges - are going to make him less pliant to coaches and other voices who might be inclined to call him out when he sucks. But there's nothing for it now, we have to have faith in PK.

On Pleks, Link67 called it. He no longer has to take every single tough defensive-zone faceoff, thanks to Malholtra, and he is revelling right now in being unshackled and able to play a more offensive game. Obviously he is not going to score every night, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a significant uptick in his numbers. Tim Thomas, who oughtta know, once said "Plekanec is a scorer." Actually, what he is is a hugely versatile player who can play every kind of game, including a scoring game. It has driven me crazy for a while now that so many fans can't appreciate what he brings to the team, being merely its best, or at worst second-best, forward. And Link, the fans who have wanted him gone wanted him gone to make room, not for Galy, but for Lars Eller. More proof that if you listen to the fans you'll be sitting up there with 'em in no time.

Yes. But untill he does it in the spring what he does every fall................he will continue to get slagged. From pleks himself after the one springs play offs "i played like a little girl"

Good point. 3 games in 4 nights is not an ideal situation in which to correct flaws in one's game, so maybe we should cut him some slack! Also, apparently his advanced stats last night were through the roof. :huh: Still, that's the kind of scrutiny you get when you sign for $9 mil.

Come to think of it, starting the season 3-0 with that brutal an opening week schedule really is quite a feat. And our pessimism about the first two periods really should have been tempered by an awareness of how horrendous that schedule was. We just might have a team here, folks.

The only problem with those kind of excuses are that Philly had also played 3 times in 4 days. Don't get me wrong, our guys won and I thought the third was played incredibly well, but when both teams had the same schedule the fatigue factor is moot

Was nice to see Tinordi have a 15+minute solid game (5 hits/4 blocks) and Markov is simply awesome, not sure why he wasn't #1 star?

Beaulieu played 18+minutes and was OK.

Gilbert still seems darn shaky.

Plekanec detractors are awful quiet! :rastapop:

and his fans are just as quiet in the spring

I'm getting fed up of him trying to make every hit with his ass...he needs to start hitting with his shoulder and not letting guys squeeze by along the boards so much because of his stupid ass-first hits.

PK will get it back on track. But yes he has had back to back terrible games.

Plek has two more years on his contract. I think part of it is Galchenyuk and the other part is no longer having to play Gionta hockey.

Gionta has been unfairly bashed by a lot of Habs fans as of late but I do feel Plekanec is happy to have different wingers. Plus there's more zest in his game when he doesn't have to take every defensive zone faceoff every night.

like it or not....losing gionta is a huge plus for plekanic. no disputing that

The whole "Pleks sucks in the playoffs" meme is B.S. He shuts down Crosby, Ovechkin, and the Krejic line, but all anyone remembers is the "little girl" comment from 2000 years ago. 'fess up, folks, Tomas Plekanec may not be a star, but he is a damned good all-around hockey player and it would have been sheer lunacy to move him in order to give more ice time to an enigma like Lars Eller. The Pleks haters remind me of the Koivu haters. They're mad he's not Ryan Getzlaf. Not a sound basis for player evaluation, that.

• Upvote 2

On PK. The team had pulled off the win for the last three games, but if they had lost, I would be raging on him. His insane contract is why the team looks like it does. I love PK and knew he was getting a big payday, but with a 2014 cap hit being the third highest in the league, I want the third best player in the league. Not the junk I have been seeing. The fans will turn on him fast if he doesn't get it together. I hope he does, because he is fun to watch, but Markov is better right now.

like it or not....losing gionta is a huge plus for plekanic. no disputing that

Amen. Gionta shot wide on quality setups with such regularity that it would have driven any center crazy. I was THRILLED when I found out we'd be rid of him this year!

On PK. The team had pulled off the win for the last three games, but if they had lost, I would be raging on him. His insane contract is why the team looks like it does. I love PK and knew he was getting a big payday, but with a 2014 cap hit being the third highest in the league, I want the third best player in the league. Not the junk I have been seeing. The fans will turn on him fast if he doesn't get it together. I hope he does, because he is fun to watch, but Markov is better right now.

You are correct, good sir.

I love PK, as folks hereabouts may have gathered. I think he is the greatest talent (outside of nets) that this team has produced since Guy Lafleur. I was/am happy we locked him up. But the fact remains that he declined to take even the smallest discount in the name of helping the team to build a viable contender in the medium or longer term; instead he insisted on maxing out every single nickel and to hell with the team's salary structure. I don't blame him for that, especially after the Habs squeezed him on the RFA deal. But if you're going to play hardball, and handcuff the team with a monster contract in a cap system, you had BETTER bloody well be awesome, and that had better be pretty much every night. It's way too soon to be grouchy at PK, but he will need to round into $9 million form in reasonably short order if he doesn't want the sharks to start circling.