Habs Flames Nov 2

Habs30/31

Beaulieu still not my favorite d-man, but played 16+minutes and not horrible (decision making still seems a bit slow) and Gilbert again played 21+ solid minutes and was even.

With this team not getting any offense, I would totally fix the lineup to have more speed and hard workers in there. So if MT reads this board he needs to go with the following.

Pacs Galchenyuk PAP

Bournival Pleks Sekac

Bourque DD or Eller doesn't matter they both stink Gallagher

Prust Malhotra Weise

Practice lines right now have Sekac and Bournival once again nowhere to be found so I doubt they will play a game without a guy getting hurt.

Idiotic. Bourque and Eller are both absolute garbage, and MT's loyalty to the two bums is really starting to wear on my nerves.

Guest Stogey24

Idiotic. Bourque and Eller are both absolute garbage, and MT's loyalty to the two bums is really starting to wear on my nerves.

loyalty to Eller? He takes a lot of the whipping. Not to mention he buried last night

5 goals scored in the last 4 games. We need more offense than that.

Considering the offensive terror we were for the first few games of the year, I did expect a drop, but something's not right here.

Considering the offensive terror we were for the first few games of the year, I did expect a drop, but something's not right here.

well in the last 4 games ........... add up the total points by the centermen. shouldnt take long

Beaulieu still not my favorite d-man, but played 16+minutes and not horrible (decision making still seems a bit slow) and Gilbert again played 21+ solid minutes and was even.

gilbert lead the nhl in giveaways

Moan has to come out, why? He was even last night, couple shots and 3 blocks, played 4 of his 10minutes on the PK and had little to do with loss.

Bourque at least showed up to play and also was even and had 5 hits in 11minutes.

Eller was +1, good on faceoffs and PK once again.

Team gave up 6 PPs, had 10 giveaways, out shot 36-20 and Flames blocked 26 shots and people are bitchin about bottom six guys who actually played OK.

Low hanging fruit if you want to switch up low paid guys, when Subban-Gallagher-Plekanec-Galchenyuk were combined -12 and I think had bit more to do with loss than guys who played 11-12minutes.

(Subban on PK is bit scary also)

When best players aint so, tends to not play out well.

Very well put Don I agree.

Very well put Don I agree.

yes. but mt will never ever sit any of those players........so i think the bottom six are being mentioned pertaining on who to sit to get some new blood in. sure moen and company did not cause the loss................but they aint helping you win either. there was a reason after camp moen was a healthy scratch............flames saddled with injuries, had a few players that looked about 15 years old. just dominated the canadiens for six periods including a clobbering at the bell center. think bournial and sekac should not crack that hall of fame line up. lol

personally i dont see any team ever building a champion with mt as the leader. wont harp on it, but never liked him when he was fired in montreal 11 years ago.........only a matter of time before it happens again. .

I am all for using your entire lineup and would love to see Sekac and Bournival draw in on a regular basis. I do believe however that you can change the third and fourth line all day long and not really change much as far as scoring.. This team needs change in the top lines and powerplay.

"top lines" pacs is playing ok, gally not bad. the other four disappeared on the way to edmonton last week.

"something aint right here"

teams with similar records to the habs

Pens + 19 goal differential

Tbay + 10

Wild + 17

Ducks + 13

Habs - 4

a minus four. tells me that the habs winning record is based on a whole lotta puck luck.

yes. but mt will never ever sit any of those players........so i think the bottom six are being mentioned pertaining on who to sit to get some new blood in. sure moen and company did not cause the loss................but they aint helping you win either. there was a reason after camp moen was a healthy scratch............flames saddled with injuries, had a few players that looked about 15 years old. just dominated the canadiens for six periods including a clobbering at the bell center. think bournial and sekac should not crack that hall of fame line up. lol

personally i dont see any team ever building a champion with mt as the leader. wont harp on it, but never liked him when he was fired in montreal 11 years ago.........only a matter of time before it happens again. .

The bottom 6 are never going to be able to change lack of scoring, that is not what they were hired for. Add energy, check, add some supplementary scoring sure. Screwing around with the lesser lights when the big guns are playing like crap is not the answer. The PP is pathetic, is it Moens fault? I don't think so. This team needs one thing, a sniper, get us a sniper and this team will rock and roll. Patches can't do it by himself. Bourque and Eller have actually been trying very hard but a lot of bad luck. Luck changes, you just have to keep working. But I would trade both of them for a legit sniper. (not likely to happen). I think everyone knows how I feel about le genius, whose main claim to fame is he can speak both official languages, sort of. If MT is the coach that some people think he is then he has a great opportunity to show it, and get this team turned around. MB get us a sniper please. oh and a guy who can coach the pp wouldn't hurt either. :pray::habslogo:

The bottom 6 are never going to be able to change lack of scoring, that is not what they were hired for. Add energy, check, add some supplementary scoring sure. Screwing around with the lesser lights when the big guns are playing like crap is not the answer. The PP is pathetic, is it Moens fault? I don't think so. This team needs one thing, a sniper, get us a sniper and this team will rock and roll. Patches can't do it by himself. Bourque and Eller have actually been trying very hard but a lot of bad luck. Luck changes, you just have to keep working. But I would trade both of them for a legit sniper. (not likely to happen). I think everyone knows how I feel about le genius, whose main claim to fame is he can speak both official languages, sort of. If MT is the coach that some people think he is then he has a great opportunity to show it, and get this team turned around. MB get us a sniper please. oh and a guy who can coach the pp wouldn't hurt either. :pray::habslogo:

could not have put it better myself. great post.

ya see i think thats mt and some kool aid drinking fans actually see it that way.

"the offensive terror the habs were on the first few games"

reality however, ithey scored 9 goals in the first FOUR games. "offensive terror" ?

that's right, don..our best players are playing like garbage

But no one is calling for any of them to be sat or seem to be even criticizing them? But it is low minutes guys who are an issue?

Galchenyuk -4 at centre, ugly?

teams with similar records to the habs

Pens + 19 goal differential

Tbay + 10

Wild + 17

Ducks + 13

Habs - 4

a minus four. tells me that the habs winning record is based on a whole lotta puck luck.

Two of the losses came by a combined 10 goals (6 to TB, 4 to CGY). If you lose some ugly games, the goal differential isn't going to be pretty, regardless of how a team plays in the rest of the games. But yes, they've had some luck along the way for sure as well.

Two of the losses came by a combined 10 goals (6 to TB, 4 to CGY). If you lose some ugly games, the goal differential isn't going to be pretty, regardless of how a team plays in the rest of the games. But yes, they've had some luck along the way for sure as well.

Point taken. Add to that 3 or 4 were shoot out wins, which is not a plus nor a minus . You see why their goal differential is among the bottom half not the top.

But no one is calling for any of them to be sat or seem to be even criticizing them? But it is low minutes guys who are an issue?

well management thinks he will be a good centerman................but like all centerman he has to play 5 years on the wing first. Is that not right. ( ;

Two of the losses came by a combined 10 goals (6 to TB, 4 to CGY). If you lose some ugly games, the goal differential isn't going to be pretty, regardless of how a team plays in the rest of the games. But yes, they've had some luck along the way for sure

I had a couple of things to add, but unfortunately they were about baking. I hate baking.

Galchenyuk wasn't -4 at center. He got maybe 4-5 shifts at center since he was in the locker room for half of the 1st period. After the 1st he was back on plekanec's wing. It'll take a serious injury to one of our 3 centers before he gets a legitmate shot at center.

It's time for Travis Moen to sit and basically everyone see's it except for the coach. I'd like to see Sekac back in the lineup, I thought the whole watch the game from a different angle was just going to be for a game or so. I didn't expect him to be sat this long for Travis Moen.

Practice lines right now have Sekac and Bournival once again nowhere to be found so I doubt they will play a game without a guy getting hurt.

FWIW, eventually they had Sekac skating with the third line and Bournival skating with the fourth.