Ottawa vs Montreal 7p.m. April 15

DON

"Do you want to pay my fine? I think it's quite simple," Cameron said. "It's a vicious slash on an unprotected part of the body, and you either do one of two things. I think it's an easy solution: You either suspend him or one of their best players gets slashed and you just give us five. It's not that complicated."

Looks like Stone was naked. Hahahaha. Fat walrus aka Paul MacLean is proud.

Somehow Ottawa managed to keep seven skaters on the ice the entire game. Their most effective players last night were Steve Kozari and Dave Jackson.

:D

Guest Stogey24

I agree with what you said about Parenteau CC. He doesn't fit in very well with this lineup. He's a possession based player. The quick transition game Montreal plays gives him trouble. He seems like a hell of a guy, the fleet of foot may be an issue

Guest Stogey24

Somehow Ottawa managed to keep seven skaters on the ice the entire game. Their most effective players last night were Steve Kozari and Dave Jackson.

I was pretty sure I saw a Sens Jersey under the stripes

I do think we're letting PK off the hook too easily. Whatever we think of Stone's theatrics, that WAS a dirty play, and - worse - it was a dumb-ass dirty play, out in the middle of the zone where everyone could see it, not in the heat of the action, and just egregious. PK put himself in a situation to take an utterly unnecessary penalty, and put the team in grave danger. Unacceptable from your franchise position player. And I hope Therrien ripped him a new one afterward.

Fun (entertaining) game for sure!

Plekanec had tough faceoff game 7-25 (28%)

Bergy looking like smart GM; all 4 pick-ups played good-excellent games.

What is all the whining about officiating about, normally that is reserved for loser teams.

One buttend by Larry, one tomahawk chop by Subban; Habs had 1 penalty in 1st and zero Hab penalties in 3rd period.

Exactly why were Refs so bad...because they correctly tossed Subban? And you telling me Subban didn't know who and where he was chopping into, their #1 offensive star and likely rookie of year (or do you really believe was just a coincidence?)

(If Methot did same to Pacioretty, I would think HabFans would be a bit "excited".)

15 more W's needed.

Fun (entertaining) game for sure!

Plekanec had tough faceoff game 7-25 (28%)

Bergy looking like smart GM; all 4 pick-ups played good-excellent games.

What is all the whining about officiating about, normally that is reserved for loser teams.

One buttend by Larry, one tomahawk chop by Subban; Habs had 1 penalty in 1st and zero Hab penalties in 3rd period.

Exactly why were Refs so bad...because they correctly tossed Subban? And you telling me Subban didn't know who and where he was chopping into, their #1 offensive star and likely rookie of year (or do you really believe was just a coincidence?)

(If Methot did same to Pacioretty, I would think HabFans would be a bit "excited".)

15 more W's needed.

Its not about the penalties that got called. More about all the ones they didnt call.
  • Upvote 1

The Subban play should have been a double minor for slashing. The refs made a reactionary call. Where did Stone find the trampoline to jump that far in the air?

Marinaro had a funny comment, how about we sit Max, PK, Markov and Plekanec to give the Senators a shot? They blew a major opportunity last night, and judging by their coach's comments, are headed towards a Montreal 2013 style meltdown.

What impressed me the most about last night's game was the Habs "compete level." After the Sens five minutes of powerplays, the Habs were first on the puck and won almost every puck battle. The Sens looked gassed. There's a big difference between winning against Philly and non playoff teams with everything on the line and coming into the Bell Centre and playing a Cup contender.

There's a picture of Mark Stone on twitter with a big wrap on his wrist. Karlsson is hurt and played 31 minutes. They need to finish these guys off tomorrow night. 2-0 going into Ottawa looks like a sweep.

I agree..we have to keep on Karlsson and hit him every chance..granted that may be easier said than done, but we gotta finish him. And lets see how many times Stone's wrist becomes a target (if he plays, which i'm sure he will)

Karlsson is hurt? I didn't see anything that would lead me to think he is hurt. Did Ottawa say anything?

There's a picture of Mark Stone on twitter with a big wrap on his wrist. Karlsson is hurt and played 31 minutes. They need to finish these guys off tomorrow night. 2-0 going into Ottawa looks like a sweep.

P.A upper body injury

ya just heard that too.

I do think we're letting PK off the hook too easily. Whatever we think of Stone's theatrics, that WAS a dirty play, and - worse - it was a dumb-ass dirty play, out in the middle of the zone where everyone could see it, not in the heat of the action, and just egregious. PK put himself in a situation to take an utterly unnecessary penalty, and put the team in grave danger. Unacceptable from your franchise position player. And I hope Therrien ripped him a new one afterward.

I agree, and it's tough to stress. It's easy to see the narrative that Habs go up 2-1 by two quick goals and then Eller/Subban ruin our momentum with their stupid cheap shots. I get angry during the games as anyone but there's one thing I always stand by: if you can't win without injuring a player, you don't deserve to win. I've never really been proud about the Canada/Russia Summit series because Bobby Clarke, John Ferguson Sr. and the rest of the team takes pride in Clarke's slash on Kharlamov and says they wouldn't have won without it. I just can't take pride in that. You should be able to win by being the better team, not by hurting their best players.

Subban could have cost us more than just the game, he could have cost us the series. Especially after being a part of those two goals to give us the lead. I want him on the ice and being the franchise defenceman he is, not everything his critics accuse him of being.

No, DON. The refs were bad because Montreal was not playing any dirtier, nor did they commit any more infractions than Ottawa did in those first two periods, and yet the penalties were 5-0 in favor of Ottawa (with one of the 5 being a 5 minute major.) The habs had 13 minutes of penalties to kill in those first forty minutes, to Ottawa's 0. They were calling everything they saw from Montreal (mostly legitimately), but NOTHING from Ottawa.

Exactly why were Refs so bad...because they correctly tossed Subban?

I agree, and it's tough to stress. It's easy to see the narrative that Habs go up 2-1 by two quick goals and then Eller/Subban ruin our momentum with their stupid cheap shots. I get angry during the games as anyone but there's one thing I always stand by: if you can't win without injuring a player, you don't deserve to win. I've never really been proud about the Canada/Russia Summit series because Bobby Clarke, John Ferguson Sr. and the rest of the team takes pride in Clarke's slash on Kharlamov and says they wouldn't have won without it. I just can't take pride in that. You should be able to win by being the better team, not by hurting their best players.

Subban could have cost us more than just the game, he could have cost us the series. Especially after being a part of those two goals to give us the lead. I want him on the ice and being the franchise defenceman he is, not everything his critics accuse him of being.

Well said.

You know, we as Habs fans can't have it both ways. When Chara intentionally came within a hair's breadth of murdering Pacioretty, we were enraged at the manifest injustice of the NHL's non-disciplinary response and appalled that our best scorer had been put out just in time for the playoffs. When the Assholes Bruins accused Patches of exaggerating the injury, we rose to even higher levels of dudgeon. (Heck, we still fume about 'Doctor Recchi').

Well, here we have Subban, without any obvious provocation, giving a calculated tomahawk chop to the unprotected wrist of the Sens' best goal scorer and quite possibly ending his playoff. And what's our response? First, anger that PK was ejected from the game (which is what happened to Chara), and a whole lot of snark about Stone 'faking' it.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Senators fan. You'd be blind furious at Subban and frothing at the mouth at the league for reacting even more leniently than it did with Chara.

(Side note here - I wonder whether word was out that Stone had a prior wrist issue? Maybe Subban was deliberately targeting an area he suspected was already vulnerable. I say that just because the impact of the slash didn't look as catastrophic as the fracture suggests - although I doubt we can really tell these things from TV).

Let's not blow this up into something that it is not.

This isn't the Simon/Clarke/Tkackuk slash. PK over-revs in the big games. I can't see him deliberately trying to injure Stone ten seconds into a powerplay. Especially after the Habs get two in fifteen seconds and take full control of the game after a bad period, and a bad two years against the Sens, to be truthful. This play looks pretty innocuous in real time. Five minutes and a game in a playoff game is severe. The league needs to focus on all the obstruction that's holding the game back, not overpenalize plays like this that happen in every game.

The threatening stuff, imo, is just an embarrassment for Ottawa. The stuff about the "Embellishment City" type videos are made. Bryan Murray should shut his pie hole. How many more gaffes are they going to make? It's been 12 hours!

Stone has a "microfracture." He will play.

The only thing that's been fractured is the Sens playoff dream.

HIYOOOOOO

Two things:

(1) No way was that "calculated."

(2) Irrelevant to this directly, but why are these idiots still wearing those short gloves? The wrist should NOT be unprotected.

giving a calculated tomahawk chop to the unprotected wrist of the Sens' best goal scorer and quite possibly ending his playoff. A

Guest Stogey24

Let's not blow this up into something that it is not.

This isn't the Simon/Clarke/Tkackuk slash. PK over-revs in the big games. I can't see him deliberately trying to injure Stone ten seconds into a powerplay. Especially after the Habs get two in fifteen seconds and take full control of the game after a bad period, and a bad two years against the Sens, to be truthful. This play looks pretty innocuous in real time. Five minutes and a game in a playoff game is severe. The league needs to focus on all the obstruction that's holding the game back, not overpenalize plays like this that happen in every game.

The threatening stuff, imo, is just an embarrassment for Ottawa. The stuff about the "Embellishment City" type videos are made. Bryan Murray should shut his pie hole. How many more gaffes are they going to make? It's been 12 hours!

Stone has a "microfracture." He will play.

The only thing that's been fractured is the Sens playoff dream.

HIYOOOOOO

Thank you. You ever see a player trailing a puck carrier? They're hacking and slashing like crazy at the guy. If stone didn't fall to the ice like had his leg blown off, no one would even be talking about this. Moving on

No, DON. The refs were bad because Montreal was not playing any dirtier, nor did they commit any more infractions than Ottawa did in those first two periods, and yet the penalties were 5-0 in favor of Ottawa (with one of the 5 being a 5 minute major.) The habs had 13 minutes of penalties to kill in those first forty minutes, to Ottawa's 0. They were calling everything they saw from Montreal (mostly legitimately), but NOTHING from Ottawa.

No playing any dirtier? What game did you watch, Eller butt end was near suspension worthy as was Subban's play.

What did Sens do that was equal to those?