Ottawa vs Montreal 7p.m. April 15

DON

Sens coach just said, Subban gets fined or we slash their best player and get 5

Ya I was just reading that in the tweets. He just painted Ottawa in a bad spot if they ever do slash. NHL will take note of that comment I am sure

Plecs and the two gals looked darn good tonight too. Gallagher is more dangerous with the puck and the other gal was terrific with it as well, as Plecs comes in with a super move to freeze the Hamburglar and 5 holes him.. BEEEUUUDDDEEE>

Stone should get a fine, he milked it for sure

It really looked that way to me... and back on the bench in 3 minutes....jjaerjqe] uq=0uewr]qweprwejhfa[jf!

Sens coach just said, Subban gets fined or we slash their best player and get 5

Hey, that's fine. Bring in the goon squad like Montreal did in 2012 and be on the gold course in five.

He should be suspended for those comments. This isn't the 1970's and it's way too early in the series to be crying. Especially since Stone played after.

Also, who the eff is Mark Stone? He's a twenty game wonder at this point in his career

Pretty sure what happened was they rushed Stone back in because he wasn't that hurt and Dave Cameron realized it looked bad so he had Stone constantly go back to the dressing room. Having Stone out there for the last 20 seconds if his wrist was really that bad is shooting yourself in the foot (or wrist). Cameron is so far getting badly out-coached. Reminds me of what Therrien did to Jon Cooper. His comments post-game were even worse. Threatening the NHL to suspend Subban? What are you thinking?

Either way they won. Took too many dumb penalties.

Played well the final 2 periods.

4th line, Petry and Gilbert played well. Thought Price played well also. Didn't have a chance on 2 of them.

Hopefully they keep it up

Unbelievable game tonight. The first period was awful. We were outplayed IMO.

But the 4th line (yes the 4th line!) turned it around. Who would have guessed that guys like Flinn and Mitchell would have make the difference tonight?

Even Eller scored a big goal, the best shot of the night in fact.

And what about Plekanec? Will he raise to the occasion for once, and play his best hockey in the playoffs? He was not playing very well in the first period, but I really liked his play at the end of the game. And you know that I am not a Plekanec fan. But if he plays with this intensity, I will be routing for him.

On the minus side, DD and Parenteau were non entities. I expect more from them. Smith-Pelly was the best player on that line; that should not be possible. I expect some improvement on that line Friday night.

P.K. had a good game before his penalty. MT will have some coaching to do, just to make sure that everybody stays dsiciplined. It was not always the case tonight.

In the absence of P.K., our defense played a great game. We have been tough with Gilbert and Emelin, but tonight they deserve our praise.

All in all, what a game! There is nothing like the series. Really.

HOLY !!!! THAT WAS SICK !!!!

Back from the Bell Centre, can't believe how crazy that game was !!!

It was totally worth the 100$ + the 30ish$ of beer !!!!

How many exclamation marks do you need ?

When was the last time a player got tossed for a slash?

Eller came to play!

I don't recall a player tossed for a slash either. And I have been following hockey for 50 years.

Pretty sure what happened was they rushed Stone back in because he wasn't that hurt and Dave Cameron realized it looked bad so he had Stone constantly go back to the dressing room. Having Stone out there for the last 20 seconds if his wrist was really that bad is shooting yourself in the foot (or wrist). Cameron is so far getting badly out-coached. Reminds me of what Therrien did to Jon Cooper. His comments post-game were even worse. Threatening the NHL to suspend Subban? What are you thinking?

I like to give the benefit of the doubt, .. I rely on it for me a lot... but there sure seems to be a bit of an odor on this one. 3 minutes after his death scene? Stupid slash, and the refs didn't have much choice on the call. ..then 3 minutes. Funny smell.

Coaches sometime talk without thinking.

This was my take too. Sending him back to play the role that it was bad. Just might work.

HOLY ###### !!!! THAT WAS SICK !!!!

Back from the Bell Centre, can't believe how crazy that game was !!!

It was totally worth the 100$ + the 30ish$ of beer !!!!

How many exclamation marks do you need ?

Hahahaa! You caught the wild , off the chart game alright. Can you imagine writing that script BEFORE that whacked game??!!

Must have been something. Lucky you! :hyper:

Thing about PK is he'll deliver a two hander like that when stone is merely skating by. But Kreider runs carey out of the rink, or crushes gally and pk is nowhere to be seen. Atleast save the vicious brain cramps for retaliation when its called for.

I wasn't planning to write tonight but we needed to have something for a game like that one...here are my 3 Stars: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/04/hw-3-stars-montreal-takes-game-1/

DSP deserved a mention as well. Good game from him. Very good game in fact.

Anyone still thing Bergevin's deadline pick ups are useless? That said, I don't think even Mitchell or Flynn were expecting a night that good. long mau it continue with some scoring from the 1ar and second lines

I just about pooped my pants when PK got that misconduct. Just frigging ridiculous. Just once, I'd like to see NHL refereeing be CONSISTENT AND PREDICTABLE...and just once I'd like to see a whole, brand-new set of arbitrary criteria NOT be imposed in the playoffs, at random.

Anyway, hell of a job by Petry in particular to fill a monumental void. Frankly, Gilbert was damned good too. (And that said, PK deserves criticism for putting himself in that position. There was no need for that glaringly obvious two-hander in the first place. Sure, slice and dice those pr**ks, but do it on the down low).

I thought that the first half of the game was the bad side of Therrien's coaching on display. Inadequate offensive push from an overly-conservative back end, leading to minimal offensive pressure. I thought the second half was the great side of Therrien's coaching on display, with the team just stifling Ottawa, collapsing down low, taking away the lanes, and - above all - transitioning off the defensive zone coverage to generate plenty of chances and keep Ottawa on the ropes.

The other thing is that the bottom 6 forwards, and the defensive core as a whole, are very easily THE most playoff-ready configuration we've had in Montreal in...I dunno how long. You have to hand it to Bergevin. He really shored the team up in those areas.

However, Mitchell and Flynn are not going to rip it up (!) every night. I want to see more chances from DD and Galy in particular. PAP is, I think, just too slow to be effective in this brand of hockey.

Hammond? Meh. He looked eminently beatable to me.

The ominous thing about this game for Ottawa is that it was a game in which every single frrigging thing went their way. The Habs scored on themselves. Pacioretty was out. Subban was arbitrarily thrown out by blitheringly idiotic refs. You couldn't as for a better scenario.

And they still lost.