Oct. 20, Blues vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

3rd round pick in 2012, drafted out of the little-known AJHL. Played college hockey until partway through last year (looking at his stats, I'd say he signed right after his NCAA season ended), then spent a couple of months in the minors.

Random tidbit: Parayko went one spot before Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen (who was a re-entry player in that draft after not signing with the team that originally picked him, Carolina).

Nice report. What took you so long? ha!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your TV provider. Some carry the French Centre Ice package, some don't.

Thanks Brian// I had it last year on ROGERS and thought it would renew.. not seeing it yet

It's not showing up on the shots on net, but the Habs seem to be controlling play better this period.

Agreed!

well that was weird!!!

It's not showing up on the shots on net, but the Habs seem to be controlling play better this period.

Thanks Brian// I had it last year on ROGERS and thought it would renew.. not seeing it yet

I just reordered it from Rogers. I thought it would be automatically renewed. Thanks.

A couple of thoughts from that period:

- The Habs caught a nice break on the no-go for St. Louis. On the replay, that puck looked awfully close to the stanchion and had it hit that, I think the goal would have counted. (Unless the play was offside either way but if so, they wouldn't have had to huddle up.) Heck, Montreal got a couple of nice breaks on their goals with the Pacioretty re-direction/Semin's shot somehow making it through.

- Both penalties in the 2nd were soft calls but I'd like to know where the call was on Ryan Reaves for drilling Mitchell behind the net after the whistle. That looked like a blatant roughing call. I wonder if that was in the officials minds as Edmundson's penalty came shortly after.

Pretty clear to me that that puck bounced off the curved part of the glass, making it a correct call on the ice (I don't get why this wouldn't be reviewable). A little weird that no on Sportsnet could see it that way.

The challenges are for goalie interference/offsides. Anything for the puck going out of play such as this instance or the puck hitting the netting aren't.

Just got in from yoga in time to see a Brolieu fight highlight.

This kid has a subtle toughness to him. I can't immediately think of another defenseman like him in Habs history... no real predilection towards physical play, but still willing to drop the gloves and do well when he does.

Just got in from yoga in time to see a Brolieu fight highlight.

This kid has a subtle toughness to him. I can't immediately think of another defenseman like him in Habs history... no real predilection towards physical play, but still willing to drop the gloves and do well when he does.

Agreed. Love that aspect of Brawlieu