The time is now for Galchenyuk to be Montreal's #1 centre

He's gonna be with radulov and patch and he's gonna get 75 points baby!

You're positive that Therrien is gonna keep any line intact for most of the season ?!?!?!

I doubt he plays on DD wing, I think Chucky officially made himself a top six player last year and with the way he has been training it looks like he might have a break out year.

Really looking forward to seeing him play this year.

I doubt he plays on DD wing, I think Chucky officially made himself a top six player last year and with the way he has been training it looks like he might have a break out year.

Really looking forward to seeing him play this year.

I agree but if I know Mikey T like I think I know him, there will be some line tinkering to be had

You're positive that Therrien is gonna keep any line intact for most of the season ?!?!?!

No, most coaches don't and Therrien is no different. Is much more likely to see duo's stick together for longer stretches.

I agree but if I know Mikey T like I think I know him, there will be some line tinkering to be had

Old Mikey T sure does like to juggle but I don't think he can afford not to play Chucky down the middle. I think he will be on somewhat a short leash this year.

He needs Chucky to do well

Old Mikey T sure does like to juggle but I don't think he can afford not to play Chucky down the middle. I think he will be on somewhat a short leash this year.

He needs Chucky to do well

Oh yes, there's no question that at this point that Chucky is his best bet at finally having a #1 center. But the first sign of trouble it'll be too easy to rely on Pleks and DD. It likely won't last long though

Oh yes, there's no question that at this point that Chucky is his best bet at finally having a #1 center. But the first sign of trouble it'll be too easy to rely on Pleks and DD. It likely won't last long though

Indeed,

This is true, I guess at this point alls we have is a hope and a prayer that it doesn't happen

I don't think Therrien is stupid enough NOT to make Galchenyuk a top-line player. I'd be more worried about the team trading him away for some plumber, in the event that Therrien arbitrarily doesn't like him, since that is how these idiots roll.

What interests me more, in any case, is whether DD can supplant Plekanec on the 2nd line. I don't see this as a likely scenario, but it's just possible enough to be mildly intriguing.

You make it too easy to take cheap shots with statements like this. Simply more mean spirited and not so much witty, but continue on with your storyline Eeyore. :hammer:

I'd be more worried about the team trading him away for some plumber, in the event that Therrien arbitrarily doesn't like him, since that is how these idiots roll.

I agree Pleks is needed for his defensive prowess something DD could never surpass.

DD will probably be used in an exploit role this season in which he can have his moments.

There is no question that Plekanec is a vastly better overall player than DD. When I float the scenario of DD 'supplanting' Plekanec, I mean supplanting him as the #2 C for offensive purposes. The thought here is that the third line is the traditional 'shut-down' line in hockey, and that, therefore, it's not inconceivable that at this stage in his career Pleks might be better-suited to that role, allowing DD to be the 2nd-line playmaking C he is probably best equipped to be.

All that said, I'm not saying this WILL happen. Just toying with it as one conceivable outcome.

You mean 'hypothetical' thread. The 'rhetorical' thread is over in the 'Subban trade' section.

No. That thread is the battle of the tunnel vision ideologies.

Imo, Asking if Galchenyuk is the #1.... i mean, what is this.. 2015? lol

• Upvote 1

There is no question that Plekanec is a vastly better overall player than DD. When I float the scenario of DD 'supplanting' Plekanec, I mean supplanting him as the #2 C for offensive purposes. The thought here is that the third line is the traditional 'shut-down' line in hockey, and that, therefore, it's not inconceivable that at this stage in his career Pleks might be better-suited to that role, allowing DD to be the 2nd-line playmaking C he is probably best equipped to be.

All that said, I'm not saying this WILL happen. Just toying with it as one conceivable outcome.

As long as Plek is playing against the other teams best line, he will play more minutes than DD. And on some nights he will play more minutes than Galchenyuk depending on score and situations (PKs vs PPs)

As long as Plek is playing against the other teams best line, he will play more minutes than DD. And on some nights he will play more minutes than Galchenyuk depending on score and situations (PKs vs PPs)

That does seem probable.

I expressed concerns about whether Pleks can still be as offensively effective as he used to be - that's what got me pondering this whole hypothetical. But there's no question that he is THE go-to two-way C on the club.

I can see DD being used more in an exploit role but on which line can be subjective. I doubt he will play much top 6 minutes though. Use him on the third line with Shaw and maybe Andrighetto?

I am liking the addition of Radulov though, from what I hear he plays a decent two way game similar to Pleks but obviously has a lot more offensive talent. If he can handle some of the playmaking that lets Pleks open up his shot more and then throw Carr or Lehkonen into the mix that's still a good scoring line with solid two way play that can shoulder playing the hard minutes against the oppositions top line.