GDT - In the Ghetto: Islanders @ Habs on Hometown Hockey from Cornerbrook Newfoundland

Commandant

Biggest game of the Habs early season coming up. Rangers will be a nice test. The blue shirts have been arguably the best team in the east for a couple of seasons now. Any eastern team that has eyes on getting to and winning the cup will have to go through the Rangers to do it.

Good win by the boys last night. Sucks to see Gallagher go down for what will most probably be 4 to 6 weeks.

As far as the Rangers are concerned, they scare me less than the Bolts! I'm not saying that the Bolts are a better team than the Rangers, it's just that the habs have a harder time against Tampa!

As someone who currently has a broken 5th metacarpal (cast comes off tomorrow!!) I can GUARANTEE you a minimum 4 weeks. Most likely 5 though. And even then he's gonna need another week minimum for rehab.

So safe to say we probably don't see him till the new year.

Scheize

Just took my cast off. In the waiting room waiting for X-rays.

I might have to reacess my 5-6 week prognosis. Finger hurts like crazy.

McCarron would be the logical replacement, I'm kinda sad he's not getting a look. Nobody else in this organization goes to the net like Gallagher except for McCarron -- and McCarron is significantly harder to move once he's there.

McCarron would be the logical replacement, I'm kinda sad he's not getting a look. Nobody else in this organization goes to the net like Gallagher except for McCarron -- and McCarron is significantly harder to move once he's there.

McCarron is in his first AHL year, similar to how last year Hudon was in his first AHL year. Guys like that are more rare to get a call-up if there are guys with two to three years AHL experience or are over the age of 25 available.

• Upvote 1

McCarron is in his first AHL year, similar to how last year Hudon was in his first AHL year. Guys like that are more rare to get a call-up if there are guys with two to three years AHL experience or are over the age of 25 available.

First-rounders often get to skip the AHL altogether (although guys that do that usually go much higher in the first round than 25th.)

There probably isn't going to be a call-up for Gallagher's injury. Smith-Pelly should be back Wednesday as will Emelin (meaning he'll come off IR). That leaves Tinordi, another d-man, and one forward (Semin or Holloway presumably) as the three scratches. Either Smith-Pelly or Holloway comes in to take Gallagher's spot. Boy, that was sad to type...

Good win by the boys last night. Sucks to see Gallagher go down for will most probably be 4 to 6 weeks.

As far as the Rangers are concerned, they scare me less than the Bolts! I'm not saying that the Bolts are a better team than the Rangers, it's just that the habs have a harder time against Tampa!

Reg season last year we did. But this season so far tbay is not the team they were last year. That 'triplets" line is nowhere near their play of last season. Now one of them is out injured. They have won two more games than the leafs i believe.

Reg season last year we did. But this season so far tbay is not the team they were last year. That 'triplets" line is nowhere near their play of last season. Now one of them is out injured. They have won two more games than the leafs i believe.

Yes i've noticed that the Bolst aren't shit hot this year, however, Bishop is the main problem for our guys!

I might be wrong about the Bolts/Rangers, but i don't fear the Rangers. I respect the fact that they have a very, very good team, they just don't scare me!

Yes i've noticed that the Bolst aren't shit hot this year, however, Bishop is the main problem for our guys!

I might be wrong about the Bolts/Rangers, but i don't fear the Rangers. I respect the fact that they have a very, very good team, they just don't scare me!

Scared maybe a strong word, but everyone has to respect that NY blueline don't they?

Arguably the best 6 in the NHL...

And three of the Tampa forwards that produced last season were hurt before last weekends games, two of the triplets, Johnson and whoever...

Two good teams and definitely serious threats to us in a series, we need to add that RW scorer at least, especially with Gallagher out.

Yes Rangers look good and ready to take a run. Nash is playing his bet hockey since getting to New York. Ziucarello if their Gallagher and he is lighting it up. As korp said the D is as good or better than anybody 1 thru 6. . Goaltending top notch. Be a good game wednesday.

Tampa? Not so much.

Scared maybe a strong word, but everyone has to respect that NY blueline don't they?

Arguably the best 6 in the NHL...

And three of the Tampa forwards that produced last season were hurt before last weekends games, two of the triplets, Johnson and whoever...

Two good teams and definitely serious threats to us in a series, we need to add that RW scorer at least, especially with Gallagher out.

I'd take our defence over New York's. McDonaugh is overrated, Staal is sketchy. Yandle has always been awesome though.

The Rangers are a very well built team with the best veteran goalie in the league. Habs are a very well built team with the best in prime goalie in the league. Would be the best possible ECF clash.

Guest Stogey24

Listening to Tsn 690

Pelly practising on top line

Galchenyuk and Semin were doing two on one drills. I guess 3 times in a row, 3 beautiful goals on pricer. If only that could transfer to game play

Le Genius just loves grinders. You can' t have a whole team of grinders. Semin is a gifted scorer, not a 4th liner.

I think it's less about grinders and more about his system. Relentless puck pressure. Stick on puck foiling passes and shot. Play the puck not the man. Chip and chase. All these things need speed.