What happens at the trade deadline?

Meller93

100% agree. I don't want to trade Beaulieu. However he may be the only chi to bring an elite top line forward. I would not trade him for an aging veteran (i.e iginla). It should be someone who has a long positive future in front of him. I would have done pleks+Beaulieu+picks for Johanson.

The reason people talk about moving Beaulieu is that he is the only asset we possess that could tempt a team to send us back a young FW with top-6 potential.

If we trade Beaulieu, we will absolutely need to sign a top-4 d-man as a UFA.

Ever since Commandant demonstrated that the UFA pool contains many more FWs than D, I've given up on the idea of trading Beaulieu. We're better off just signing a UFA forward or two and keeping Nate.

My predictions for Habs trades from now until the deadline:

- Dale Weise is traded for a pick and a prospect Bergevin really likes

- Alexei Emelin waives his NTC to Pittsburgh, who we trade for Chris Kunitz and a pick. We buy out Kunitz in the summer.

- Lars Eller is traded to the Dallas Stars for a pick and prospect.

- Greg Pateryn is traded to the Detroit Red Wings for a really decent prospect

- Tomas Fleischmann is traded to the Colorado Avalanche for a fifth round pick.

Dallas is hot to trot for a defenceman, preferably one who is not on an expiring contract. I wonder if Markov wouldn't tempt them just a wee bit?

According to Dreger, not a single GM has asked or mentioned Markov. He's not on anyone's radar, either because Bergevin won't trade him or they have no interest.

I call a trade with Edmonton. They were rumored to have a bigger deal lined up when Kassian went for Scrivens. Both teams are aching to make a move just to prove to their players that there are reprocusions to their lack to professionalism and devotion.

Yak forJuulsen or McCarron

I call a trade with Edmonton. They were rumored to have a bigger deal lined up when Kassian went for Scrivens. Both teams are aching to make a move just to prove to their players that there are reprocusions to their lack to professionalism and devotion.

Yak forJuulsen or McCarron

I have a source that indicates Edmonton has 0 interest in McCarron. None.

I have a source that indicates Edmonton has 0 interest in McCarron. None.

I think Beaulieu and possibly even Eller would interest them more.

Edmonton likely wants defencemen between 23-27 (older the player, better have a long term deal) who is a top four defenceman with size and grit (Chiarelli said he wants to be bigger and tougher).

They are not going to be as interested in rookies when they have Nurse and Reinhart.

Here's a list of ten under the radar names that I think the Habs might target at the deadline. http://www.habsworld.net/2016/02/potential-under-the-radar-trade-targets/

(For the record, the original draft of this article actually had Danault in there - I've substituted another player in his place since they've already got him though.)

• Upvote 1

100% agree. I don't want to trade Beaulieu. However he may be the only chi to bring an elite top line forward. I would not trade him for an aging veteran (i.e iginla). It should be someone who has a long positive future in front of him. I would have done pleks+Beaulieu+picks for Johanson.

Yea, I feel Bergevin really missed out on his coup-de-gras with Johansen. That was his opportunity. Too bad CBJ didn't waiting until the trade deadline. Habs 1st rounder would have been a mighty chip to bargain with.

Yea, I feel Bergevin really missed out on his coup-de-gras with Johansen. That was his opportunity. Too bad CBJ didn't waiting until the trade deadline. Habs 1st rounder would have been a mighty chip to bargain with.

Columbus took Seth Jones.

Beaulieu isn't near as good as Seth Jones.

They wanted a ready made #1 Dman, and they got it.

Columbus took Seth Jones.

Beaulieu isn't near as good as Seth Jones.

They wanted a ready made #1 Dman, and they got it.

The other offer on the table was Jonas Brodin for Johansen, so the Habs had zero chance of getting him. Worth mentioning that Johansen and Nashville have sucked since the trade, and for those that care, Johansen is as soft as a Cosmopolitan magazine and a scented bubble bath.

The other offer on the table was Jonas Brodin for Johansen, so the Habs had zero chance of getting him. Worth mentioning that Johansen and Nashville have sucked since the trade, and for those that care, Johansen is as soft as a Cosmopolitan magazine and a scented bubble bath.

And a Malibu bay breeze I might add..

Just his time in Nashville He's on a 60 point per 82 games pace. Yup, Johansen has sucked since the trade.

Just his time in Nashville He's on a 60 point per 82 games pace. Yup, Johansen has sucked since the trade.

Four goals in twenty three games, and the team's gone 12-11. Just like they drew it up.

You're just mad McCarron's already made the team in his first pro year. What a player!