Wild @ Habs, Dec 22, 19:30 ET

illWill

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

3 powerplays, 1 shot on goal, 1 shorthanded goal against. 

I'm telling ya, they'd be better off just taking a penalty and going 4 v 4 for 2 minutes.

Does that mean were gonna go down by 2 now :(

Habs need to do something on this upcoming powerplay

Well whaddya know...Brendan Gallagher throws a ridiculous crap hot pass at Petry and helps Minnesota get the 'dagger' goal.

Our coaches are too stupid to sit him...guess our only chance is to pray that he slips on soap in the shower or something.  But we couldn't be that lucky...he only falls down constantly when he's playing hockey (badly).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Well whaddya know...Brendan Gallagher throws a ridiculous crap hot pass at Petry and helps Minnesota get the 'dagger' goal.

Our coaches are too stupid to sit him...guess our only chance is to pray that he slips on soap in the shower or something.  But we couldn't be that lucky...he only falls down constantly when he's playing hockey (badly).

Puck was bouncing for both teams, and the Habs in particular were fighting the puck all night. You can rip on Gallagher for a lot lately but for that last pass? Pure poppycock. 

So, does this mean that we have a new Best goalie in the world?  Dubnyk has better stats then Carey in every category...G.A.A., Save%, SO.

Our team is depleted and it shows and yet...

We still gave the wild everything they could handle.

Chucky, DD, Shaw, Markov, Emilin that is a ton of top guys out and our bottom guys a lot of them are not NHL ready/worthy.

Gally is starting to concern me though, hope he turns it around. I know he is working hard out there but he really has got a case of the bad lucks. 1 goal in 21 games... man.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Our coaches can't sit Gallagher... who are you going to play instead?  You can't bench key players when you have this many injuries. 

When a guy is THAT bad, damn near anyone is a good substitution.  He's not playing at the NHL level right now...you have to be blind not to see that.  Plug in a steady AHL hand and see what happens...can't do any worse.

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Puck was bouncing for both teams, and the Habs in particular were fighting the puck all night. You can rip on Gallagher for a lot lately but for that last pass? Pure poppycock. 

It was just another item on the mile long grocery list of simple things he has failed to do right.

Well, our PP is back to sucking steaming piles, turns out Muller isn't quite King Midas.  Though it might be a personnel issue, with Lekhonen fully deserving of Gally's spot based on form, and Beaulieu possessing a fraction of Markov's poise.  And Therrien's becoming the Andy Reid of the NHL with his endgame strategy - just put 6 players on to swarm the puck and win the faceoff!

On the whole, however, it was a decent effort against a hot team, with Carey having a below par night.  Carr and McCarron with a winger with a bit more skill and vision than Terry could be a dangerous fourth line.  Barberio seems to be rounding into form as well.

So yeah! Our boys played a decent game last night. Unfortunately, Carey couldn't bail them out again and they were up against the best goalie in the League. I'd really like to see the boys bail out Carey once in a while...it's almost as if Carey doesn't have a great night, we can't win!

Something needs to be done about the PP. I love Gallagher but he's been in a 21 game funk. Maybe put McCarron out there on the PP...maybe Lehkonen! Both are better options than No. 11 right now!

I don't like our chances tonight against the Jackets!  They destroyed the Penguins last night. I think I'm gonna have to say a little prayer to the Hockey Gods!

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not shocked Redmond is down there to be honest.  His ice time has been steadily decreasing as he's now showing himself to be the fringe guy he is over the player who looked pretty good the first couple of games.  Part of me wonders if it'd be worth sending Terry down after the game and calling up Lernout to go with 7 D tomorrow in the hopes that he can handle a few shifts to take some pressure off of guys like Weber/Petry.

Lernout seemed to be getting more physical (confident?) this year and possibly could hold his own on 3rd pairing, but obviously totally dependent on how he handles the NHL pace. 

1 minute ago, DON said:

Who are you babbling about?

I think he's talking about Gallagher. If so, I find it to be harsh. the Kid is going through a really rough period. At least you know that he's giving it all he's got!  I agree that he shouldn't be on the PP right now, but to bench him I think is a little excessive!

11 hours ago, Habsfan said:

So, does this mean that we have a new Best goalie in the world?  Dubnyk has better stats then Carey in every category...G.A.A., Save%, SO.

If it was simply a goalie game maybe, but both have 20 guys skating in front of them to factor in. Stall is having quite a comeback after being totally written off by 99.9% of us.

11 hours ago, sbhatt said:

It was just another item on the mile long grocery list of simple things he has failed to do right.

Are you hinting you are not fond of Gallagher's play? From the past 100 posts, seems you are leaning that way.

Got anything to add that  dosent revolve around one particular player who is struggling?

47 minutes ago, DON said:

Lernout seemed to be getting more physical (confident?) this year and possibly could hold his own on 3rd pairing, but obviously totally dependent on how he handles the NHL pace. 

I'm not even that worried about his ability to handle the NHL pace.  I just don't see the point in recalling Hanley when Therrien has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't trust him or want him in the lineup so why keep bringing him back up?  In terms of merit, Lernout's next on the list.  Could he give the Habs eight semi-competent minutes?  It doesn't sound like much but that would be an improvement over what the current third pairing did yesterday.

Gallagher is not a guy to be the leader of a line, he's a guy who is at his best when other players have the puck and he is causing havoc away from it.  With our injuries up front, he has no one to play with right now, and earlier he was playing with Plekanec who is also struggling.  How much of it is on him, and how much of it is on the fact he has no skilled player to work with right now. 

I didn't see the game. But I'm not sure I buy the argument that Gallagher is suffering from poor linemates. This is a guy who forced his way onto the roster as a rookie when he was not supposed to, and why? Because he has always made things happen. No excuses, no exceptions. He may need good linemates to generate a lot of points, but NOT to be a dynamic sh*t-disturber out there. Indeed, for most of his time here he has been the guy you put onto a line if it's struggling, the depanneur, because he will give it the jam it needs.

The guy I've seen this year just isn't doing that. I don't understand it. He surely is not the type to get complacent and lose his edge. Either he has somehow suffered a catastrophic collapse of confidence, or he is injured.

Price has been worrying me for a little while now. I noticed a few games ago that he seemed *slightly* off his angles. His game is so perfect that any flaw becomes magnified. Maybe it's fatigue, I dunno.