Jan. 18, Pittsburgh vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

15 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

It's a simple game! You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball.

oh!! that's what it is they are wearing cleats tonight :D 

(edit) must be because of Tim Raines :D

• Upvote 1

They're tired. Heavy schedule.. crazy. in hockey. Slumps of games or several are unavoidable. .. 82 games!! Plus the playoffs.. 

Insane.. but don't touch my 3 games per week. 

Well gentlemen... We witnessed a team at least as fast as the Habs, but with way more offensive skills.

They were hitting the back of the net on turnovers while we were hitting the board all around the net.

Your funny stat of the day

Habs defensive scoring since December 1st:

Jeff Petry: 5 goals, 8 assists, 13 points in 23 games (+5)

Shea Weber: 2 goals, 8 assists, 10 points in 23 games (+1)

Nathan Beaulieu: 1 goal, 9 assists, 10 points in 20 games (+2)

Zach Redmond: 5 assists, 5 points in 12 games (+5)

Andrei Markov: 4 assists, 4 points in 8 games (+3)

Mark Barberio: 4 assists, 4 points in 19 games (even)

Alex Emelin: 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points in 21 games (+2)

13 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Your funny stat of the day

Habs defensive scoring since December 1st:

Jeff Petry: 5 goals, 8 assists, 13 points in 23 games (+5)

Shea Weber: 2 goals, 8 assists, 10 points in 23 games (+1)

Nathan Beaulieu: 1 goal, 9 assists, 10 points in 20 games (+2)

Zach Redmond: 5 assists, 5 points in 12 games (+5)

Andrei Markov: 4 assists, 4 points in 8 games (+3)

Mark Barberio: 4 assists, 4 points in 19 games (even)

Alex Emelin: 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points in 21 games (+2)

Yep.

But we dropped to 23rd seed in penalty killing.  That would explain why all of our dman are even or + .

Emelin and Man Mountain both +1.

Nice work by Lehkonen and Andrighetto on the goal.

Habs had their scoring chances but didn't bury any others and Pens did.

Pens have amazing sticks. The lot of them. Every pass attempt met a stick. Every move there was a stick there. The turnovers were brutal. I would love to blame defensive mobility but I think team mobility was the culprit tonight. Pass and chip and retrieve does not work on these guys.tough game to watch 

I would split up rad and Chuck for a game. Way too much cute shit tonight out of those two. 

Defence was not very good tonight but niether was offence. Not an easy game to watch. They were holding their own at times and then the bottom fell out. So much for skill and speed being our forte' and how about that leader ship?. Someone better step up. I don't care what anybody says, they miss Gallagher. Who went to the net tonite? Oh that's right some guy called nobody. Good thing we sent Mcarron down, cause we would not want him in front of the net.

• Upvote 1

Feels like they were working really hard to overcome the injuries and now that they got Shaw and Galchenyuk back they are not working as hard, expecting them to do it all.  They'll have to get back to knowing that nothing comes easy in the NHL. 

• Upvote 1

They had plenty of chances early, but like BCHabnut said... right on the money.

8 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Pens have amazing sticks. The lot of them. Every pass attempt met a stick. Every move there was a stick there. The turnovers were brutal. I would love to blame defensive mobility but I think team mobility was the culprit tonight. Pass and chip and retrieve does not work on these guys.tough game to watch 

I would split up rad and Chuck for a game. Way too much cute shit tonight out of those two. 

10 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Well gentlemen... We witnessed a team at least as fast as the Habs, but with way more offensive skills.

They were hitting the back of the net on turnovers while we were hitting the board all around the net.

Yes, if only Habs had snipers like Cole, Fehr, Maatta and Guentzel then might be a contender.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yes, if only Habs had snipers like Cole, Fehr, Maatta and Guentzel then might be a contender.

Didn't talk about the goals themselves, but the overall scoring chances all game long and the creativity shown by both teams.

Pens were miles ahead offensively.

Habs didn't really show up though.

Guest Stogey24
12 hours ago, Neech said:

Plekanec doesn't deserve time on the power play or the penalty kill at this point.

He really has lost a step. I don't even know what his trade value is anymore. 

At the risk of sounding like a jerk - heaven forfend! - I can't resist pointing out that I predicted a slump right about now, when our injured guys come back. My guess is that they will continue to scuffle for a little bit, with the team righting the ship right around the point where everyone starts to panic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

At the risk of sounding like a jerk - heaven forfend! - I can't resist pointing out that I predicted a slump right about now, when our injured guys come back. My guess is that they will continue to scuffle for a little bit, with the team righting the ship right around the point where everyone starts to panic.

Right now a problem is too many wins against bad teams and too many losses to good teams.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He really has lost a step. I don't even know what his trade value is anymore. 

His acontract is the problem, 6 mill for defensive forward is too much. I fear he has little to no trade value. It is not like he is dino-mite in the playoffs.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, habs rule said:

His acontract is the problem, 6 mill for defensive forward is too much. I fear he has little to no trade value. It is not like he is dino-mite in the playoffs.

Ya, doesnt help

Lines in practise had Galchenyuk centring third line, while Danault is in between Radulov and Pacioretty.

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Right now a problem is too many wins against bad teams and too many losses to good teams.

Hmm.. if I had something smart to add .. I'd put it down. So there.