Mar. 14, Chicago vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

6 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

This is the team our glorious g.m has gifted us with. 

Nice call Private Obvious, never would of thought of that.:rolleyes:

Guest Stogey24
Just now, DON said:

Nice call Private Obvious, never would of thought of that.:rolleyes:

Still touchy about the Therrien firing?

Don't think it was the G.M. who wanted #74 dressed and kept on playing him for some unknown reason. Is not like they don't have several days off after this game.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

If Emelin plays next game, I'm going to lose some faith in this coaching staff. 

Agreed! Beaulieu needs to play. 

Last night I said that tonight's game would be a good barometer game for our boys...well, i wasn't too impressed. Once again, our lack of scoring in the first 40 minutes cost us the game! Can't wait to see how we do in both games on the week-end against the Hens!

Guest Stogey24
10 minutes ago, DON said:

Don't think it was the G.M. who wanted #74 dressed and kept on playing him for some unknown reason. Is not like they don't have several days off after this game.

Pretty sure it was the g.m that went out and got Ott, Martinsen, King, and Benn at the deadline, to cure a team that can't score goals. 

The identity of this team is a mystery these days. 

I thought the team played well tonight. 3 mistakes and 3 goals against. Emelin needs his confidence back. Imagine Price would lke the Odouya goal back. I thought they played well and gave themselves a chance to win for most of the game.

Didn't watch but from the stats, we win that game 7-8 times out of 10. 

And as for Emelin....  time to re-up on the Adderall.

AE also getting ripped to shreds by Button on TSN and the front page of SN.

9 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Emelin needs his confidence back. 

Emelin needs his brain back.

Seriously, if Emelin had gotten injured in the first 2 minutes of last night's game, Montreal would have won.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

30 of the Blackhawks 44 shot attempts in this game happened with Emelin on the ice. 

HOLY SHIT

The rest of the team played fantastic defence.... one freaking guy. 

:o

Emelin's confidence is completely shot. A far cry away from the guy playing decent hockey with Weber at the beginning of the year, he is clearly trying to do too much and is overthinking things and it's costing him and the team. Kind of feel bad for him but he is playing himself off the team at this point.

Pleks was invisible again Max just put out a quote about someone not having the drive to score goals and being contempt with just shooting the puck on net. Think he is talking about Pleks.

11 hours ago, DON said:

OK, who are the two who wanted Emelin dressed, let alone to keep playing after the first three Hawk goals?

Has there ever been any one Hab skater with as many obvious costly gaffs in one game as Emelin did? Souray was a pylon but never had that bad a game.

Guest Stogey24

I've never seen an NHL player be so clueless.

It scares me that Julien just kept putting Emelin back out there. Hell, the guy played the final minute of the game. 

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, DON said:

Has there ever been any one Hab skater with as many obvious costly gaffs in one game as Emelin did? Souray was a pylon but never had that bad a game.

It was to the point of embarrassment. 

It wasn't just turn overs either. He would literally chase the puck into the opposite corner. 

Julien actually ended up putting him on right D, lol

That was about as bad of a performance by any one Hab this year, sucks that it's been close to that for a few more games as well. Guy isn't even hitting anyone...

55 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I've never seen an NHL player be so clueless.

It scares me that Julien just kept putting Emelin back out there. Hell, the guy played the final minute of the game. 

That part about Julien running him out there when he having a bad game, was bit mindboggling...am sure dlbalr might have a reason or two, but it was almost as if Julien had given up on the win and wanted to let Emelin redeem himself? :spamafote:

Beaulieu must of been chuckling to himself, you scratched the wrong d-man Julien!

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Emelin's confidence is completely shot. A far cry away from the guy playing decent hockey with Weber at the beginning of the year, he is clearly trying to do too much and is overthinking things and it's costing him and the team. Kind of feel bad for him but he is playing himself off the team at this point.

Pleks was invisible again Max just put out a quote about someone not having the drive to score goals and being contempt with just shooting the puck on net. Think he is talking about Pleks.

Emelin is not a great player, but he is also NOT as bad as he's shown lately. You may be right that his confidence is crumbling (although he doesn't seem the type). I wonder if he's injured. As for usage, I'd guess that Julien is according him the respect he's earned as a veteran, letting him try to come out of it. But at the end of the day, the player has to deliver.

I didn't understand benching Beaulieu, who has occasional brain cramps but also generates things out there. All told, however, I still believe our LD will be a key factor preventing this team from making a truly serious run. Davidson ain't the answer.

Guest Stogey24
32 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Emelin is not a great player, but he is also NOT as bad as he's shown lately. You may be right that his confidence is crumbling (although he doesn't seem the type). I wonder if he's injured. As for usage, I'd guess that Julien is according him the respect he's earned as a veteran, letting him try to come out of it. But at the end of the day, the player has to deliver.

I didn't understand benching Beaulieu, who has occasional brain cramps but also generates things out there. All told, however, I still believe our LD will be a key factor preventing this team from making a truly serious run. Davidson ain't the answer.

I was going to post it earlier. The whole veteran thing is bullshit and an old school way of coaching. Play the better Player! 

It's the exact reason Beaulieu sat and Emelin played. 

I think Julien is a good coach, but look at what Boston is doing since he left... That's gotta say something. No? 

Beaulieu has played a lot of hockey even some games playing the most minutes out of all of our D.

Maybe they gave him the day off for a break I'm not sure he was benched for anything performance related. Could be wrong though

19 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I was going to post it earlier. The whole veteran thing is bullshit and an old school way of coaching. Play the better Player! 

It's the exact reason Beaulieu sat and Emelin played. 

I think Julien is a good coach, but look at what Boston is doing since he left... That's gotta say something. No? 

I'm alert to Habs29's concerns about Julien's failure to work with Seguin in particular. But pretty much all NHL coaches make a point of showing respect to veterans and giving them more rope than they give to young players. To my mind, Julien has shown due deference to #74 and was rewarded with a complete disaster of a performance that single-handedly cost the Habs two points. It's now time to sit Emelin for sure.

People keep acting like they forget that Emelin was just a healthy scratch less than five games ago. If veteran related bias is the reason that Emelin played yesterday while Beaulieu sat, then what is the reason that Beaulieu played the other day when Emelin was scratched?

Julien said he wanted to keep a rotation going with some of the healthy bottom pairing guys so this was just a natural progression of that. 

The timing of Emelin's performance is a little odd because it really does seem like he lost confidence after being scratched. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me though because knowing Julien, he would have most likely said that his benching was rest related and not performance related.

A lot of people have been hard on him for some time but clearly yesterday was worse than ever.

I still want Emelin in our lineup come playoff time and I'm actually confident he'll pick his game up. He needs to be with the right partner though and I'm not sure Petry is the answer.