Florida vs Montreal

Guest Stogey24

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Dwight King does not stand up for his teammates at all. Guy just watched Martinsen get crunched and did absolutely nothing about it. He's hear to add toughness, but his play is the furthest thing from it. Go back to L.A.

I have yet to figure out what his attraction was,  oh wait, it's Mark down Marky. The guy was cheap. Nuff said. Is he good at eating hot dogs cause that is where he belongs.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I have yet to figure out what his attraction was,  oh wait, it's Mark down Marky. The guy was cheap. Nuff said. Is he good at eating hot dogs cause that is where he belongs.

Ya, I dont see it. 

8 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Watch him protect the puck on the boards in cycle situations.  That's an area he's pretty effective in - we've seen it a few times already tonight.  As things slow down in the playoffs and the cycle game becomes a bit more prevalent, I think Bergevin wanted someone who could help in that area while (in theory at least) being able to move up in a pinch.  The Kings had him in the top six at times when injuries struck although it's hard to see why based on what he's done so far.

27 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Watch him protect the puck on the boards in cycle situations.  That's an area he's pretty effective in - we've seen it a few times already tonight.  As things slow down in the playoffs and the cycle game becomes a bit more prevalent, I think Bergevin wanted someone who could help in that area while (in theory at least) being able to move up in a pinch.  The Kings had him in the top six at times when injuries struck although it's hard to see why based on what he's done so far.

he is actually having a so-so game tonight ...maybe his best as a Hab..which isn't saying much (i know)

5 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I'm liking Martinsen more than King at this point. He made something happen almost every time he came out. 

I though King had a good game and Martinsen is actually a good skater for such a big guy.

Glad we clinched and are off to the playoffs.

I would try Chucky at centre again with Shaw and Lehkonen.

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ottawa down 5-1... Division Lead can be 6 points. 

The Sens are now more officially occupied with watching the rear view mirror. Leafs win 3-1 over NSH on 17 shots. Ouch.

All the lines looked good tonight.  Could just be the Panthers are a bad team...but Habs looked very good for full 60 minutes.   

Great to see CJ tell Shaw to shut-up on the bench (when he starting yapping at the refs)...lol.  CJ is the man.  

King, Martinsen and Mitchell might make for an interesting fourth line.  I thought King has his best game as a Hab.    

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Well if he could hit, screen the goalie  etc I would go with that But I think we are grasping at straws. I have never really heard of that being a big talent. I thought that was why we had defencemen.

1 hour ago, Neech said:

With a healthy division lead I'd like to see all the regulars get a couple games of rest, at least Markov, Weber and Rads.  Badly timed injury for Montoya.  

As long as Price stays healthy....

and it would be nice to see Lindgren get a game or two.

Guest Stogey24
5 hours ago, Neech said:

With a healthy division lead I'd like to see all the regulars get a couple games of rest, at least Markov, Weber and Rads.  Badly timed injury for Montoya.  

I'd like to see what Lindgren can do though. 

6 hours ago, Neech said:

See what Lindgren can do, at least in the back to back to end the year?

But, agree and hope Markov and others who need rest only play 2 or 3 of final 5.

4 hours ago, DON said:

See what Lindgren can do, at least in the back to back to end the year?

But, agree and hope Markov and others who need rest only play 2 or 3 of final 5.

Markov seems to have responded to the cut back in his minutes, and looks pretty good out there for an old goat. Let's give him as much rest as possible before the was begin.

I watched the game at a sports bar last night! It felt good to win a game so easily!  I agree with most of you, Markov, Weber, Rads and maybe Price should get some nights off. Make sure they are well rested for the playoffs!

I also liked what I saw from Martinsen, the big boy can skate! Also, Beaulieu probably played one of his best games as a Hab. Let's hope that this is only a little taste of what he can bring in the near future!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, habs rule said:

Well if he could hit, screen the goalie  etc I would go with that But I think we are grasping at straws. I have never really heard of that being a big talent. I thought that was why we had defencemen.

In the offensive zone, the attacking defencemen shouldn't be involved in the cycle game too often.  Otherwise, it could be going the other way in a hurry.  Being good at the cycle game is something I've heard plenty of GM's refer to in the past as well.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

The issue is that the King we are seeing in Montreal, and the King who played in LA appear to be different players.  He looks like hes not trying. 

I see him as being pretty much the same player as he was in LA. King is what he is, not the greatest player in the world. Where he can be effective though is in the offensive zone when his line has possession going for extended periods of time.

This is why I can see how he would be a decent player to move up in the lineup like Brian alluded to, if someone in our top 6 gets injured. With more skilled linemates, comes more offensive zone time. With players like Martinsen, Ott and Mitchell, it's pretty much a quick dump and chase or a quick chance and out of the offensive zone. I imagine him to be kind of a bigger and slower Smith-Pelley so the expectations aren't very high. I think he'll be relatively effective come playoff time when the grind becomes a little tougher. Here's to hoping. 

Edit: He really did love playing in LA though so hopefully he's not playing "homesick". I'd hope he'd be more of a professional than that though.