New players means new lines - What would you do?

7 hours ago, GHT120 said:

No, not chopped liver ... and I am actually a great fan of his talent; as I have been with many former Habs that never consistently lived up to their potential (e.g., Malakhov ... loved him)  ... but in this difficult stretch where the team NEEDS its most talented players to step up he has 2 assists in the last 12 games ... 10 of his 21 assists came in the first 13 games, when the team was hot ...  at -7 he is tied as the worst +/-  on the Habs despite his 16 assists 5-on-5 (sadly, he is tied with Eric Staal ... who has done it in roughly one fifth the number of games) ... despite his skills, especially passing, I am not certain he has made any line-mate better for any extended period since joining the Habs; chemistry just doesn't seem to be his subject ... he is a perimeter player and frequently disinterested on the habs defensive side of centre ... rolling him out shift after shift, PP after PP, game after game could well be one of the issues with he Habs current malaise; he seemingly doesn't have to earn his icetime

There were times that Malakhov looked like he could be one of the best dmen in the league. I even remember one year where the start they were saying he could be a Norris contender than he would disappear. I can’t remember at any time in the habs were you could say that Drouin looked like one of the top wingers in the league. It was hard enough to find many nights where you could say he was the best winger in the habs.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that’s two different issues.    We lost the sergachev trade. Fine. It’s done. Sucks - but it’s done.    but 5.5 for a 50+ pt 2nd line forward? That’s the going rate.    As

I’ve read a number of us are unhappy with Drouin - but the 2019-20 season began to fall apart AFTER Drouin was injured. Up to that point, Drouin started STRONG and the injury was terrible timing for h

Ill put it another way,    He isn;t anything close to his contract, he is a floater and invisible most nights .   The trade for Sergachev was terrible    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

There were times that Malakhov looked like he could be one of the best dmen in the league. I even remember one year where the start they were saying he could be a Norris contender than he would disappear. I can’t remember at any time in the habs were you could say that Drouin looked like one of the top wingers in the league. It was hard enough to find many nights where you could say he was the best winger in the habs.

I remember a short span during the playoffs with TBL where Drouin looked like one of the best wingers in the league, I think it was after he was brought back from a stint in the minors.

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Can't disagree ... but I was just thinking in terms of unfulfilled talent that tantalized me.

With the cap/recall situation, the Habs do not have the flexibility to rest players or play some of the depth players.

What do you think the lineups should be down the stretch as they prepare for the playoffs?

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With the cap/recall situation, the Habs do not have the flexibility to rest players or play some of the depth players.

What do you think the lineups should be down the stretch as they prepare for the playoffs?

They have the depth to rest defencemen at some point and could rest forwards by playing 7 defencemen ... but all once they are completely comfortable they have a playoff spot; which they may already be ... because if they lose some games when load managing for the playoffs and then miss the playoffs they will be a joke

And the blender is back on in today's practice ...

Anderson - Danault - Caufield
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Evans
Frolik - Staal - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Chiarot
Romanov - Merrill
Gustafsson

Anderson now on his off wing? Evans on RW? And yet another line combo for Kotkaniemi?

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I heard Caufield was actually the LW.

I wonder if this means they think Tatar will be back, goes with Danault,  and Frolik gets bumped by Caufield.

If that happens I would rather put CC back with Evans ... they seemed to have energy and chemistry ... maybe they would spark KK (14 games with one assist, 19 since he scored ... although stats are not the sole measure of a players game)