2023 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

San Jose is telling teams they won't move 4 already and if Fantilli slides to there, wouldn't that make them that much more inclined to keep the pick?

Please let me dream man haha

this is funny, the draft was *-wink-* not rigged *-wink-*

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

this is funny, the draft was *-wink-* not rigged *-wink-*

I'd be shocked if this was not pre-planned ... I don't see Davidson walking around dressed like that this week.

37 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Lots of chatter here about Michkov’s contract being bought out and him coming over sooner. 

take it with a grain of salt. 

I think he'll be in the NHL next year too, but I believe that Putin will get him out of his KHL contract.  

Carlsson ... Not a Michkov surprise, but a small surprise

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

I think he'll be in the NHL next year too, but I believe that Putin will get him out of his KHL contract.  

For Ovie (i.e., if drafted by Washington) I would almost expect so ... for anyone else, not so sure

Just now, GHT120 said:

For Ovie (i.e., if drafted by Washington) I would almost expect so ... for anyone else, not so sure

I doubt the team matters at all.  If he *might* be the next OV, why would Putin allow a KHL team to keep him for 3 years and mess up Michkov breaking Gretzky's #'s?  i.e. if OV breaks Gretzky's record it will take him damn near 20 years to do it.  That means Michkov will have to play until he's 41 to do it too if he stays in KHL for 3 years.  

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I doubt the team matters at all.  If he *might* be the next OV, why would Putin allow a KHL team to keep him for 3 years and mess up Michkov breaking Gretzky's #'s?  i.e. if OV breaks Gretzky's record it will take him damn near 20 years to do it.  That means Michkov will have to play until he's 41 to do it too if he stays in KHL for 3 years.  

So Michkov is now a lock to be NHL’s all-time leading scorer? I guess Chicago didn’t get the memo. 😳

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ovie and Poutine are tight ... doubt he cares about Michkov breaking what will eventually be his good buddy's record.

Time to call time out?
Do they still have those?

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

So Michkov is now a lock to be NHL’s all-time leading scorer? I guess Chicago didn’t get the memo. 😳

How did you possibly get *lock* from me saying *might* be?

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If he *might* be the next OV

Besides, I'm just repeating what all scouts basically say.  i.e outside of Bedard, Michkov has the next highest ceiling.  

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

No easy out for the Habs...they have to make a decision on Michkov.

At this point, I’d be going for him. Not sure how the organization feels.

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

At this point, I would too.  The Russian factor is a non issue, as is his KHL contract.

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'd prefer that they take a chance on a possible superstar than play it safe.

• Upvote 1

Carey's last act as a Hab?

That was cringe worthy.

They do what THEY think is right ... in a couple of years it will either work out or they will be gone.