GAME#82 Habs vs Bruins 7pm Thursday April 13 2023

DON

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It would be nice if the Arizona's last game was before the Habs last game and then if they won I could actually cheer for the Habs tonight.  Go Carolina tonight!!

I think Carolina will be looking for a win here. It's a potential preview of their playoff series, and if Carolina wins, they avoid Florida altogether, at least in the first round.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I think Carolina will be looking for a win here. It's a potential preview of their playoff series, and if Carolina wins, they avoid Florida altogether, at least in the first round.

No question they will be looking for a win here.  They lose to Florida tonight and they likely play the Rangers in the 1st round. Who wants that. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It would be nice if the Arizona's last game was before the Habs last game and then if they won I could actually cheer for the Habs tonight.  Go Carolina tonight!!

Just like last season.  The Habs beat Florida and then Arizona pulled off the comeback later on to bump Montreal back into 32nd.

It would be easiest and best to just lose. 

I know Marty will try and win and would even pull Montembault with 4 minutes to go even if we are down by 3 goals. 

I also know the Bruins have no reason to not rest their good players. Unless they are padding a regular season record. 

I really hope we simply lose but it’s this team‘a style to score 8 tonight with a Pezzetta hat trick and crush the depleted Bruins. 

Go Carolina Go

Good luck with Boston - Florida!

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I also know the Bruins have no reason to not rest their good players. Unless they are padding a regular season record. 

Yes, unless they want to pad their record I expect the Bruins to rest some key players. The Habs have played the Bruins tough all year anyway so a Hab victory is not out of the question. 

This is a must-lose game.  Every guy on the ice should be aware of what's at stake, and do just a little to ensure they come up just short.  Take a penalty here, miss a check there....but for God's sake, do not screw up and get a point in this meaningless game!!!

Also, tonight we celebrate the last time we have to see Drouin in a Habs uniform!   😁🍾🎉

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Awesome, I've been wanting to see what he can do for a quite a while.  It's unfortunate that it is only for 1 game though, but hopefully he shows something.  He has good size, strength, and toughness, plus he seems to score quite a bit too.  I'm thinking he could be a good upgrade replacement for Pezzetta.  

48 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Awesome, I've been wanting to see what he can do for a quite a while.  It's unfortunate that it is only for 1 game though, but hopefully he shows something.  He has good size, strength, and toughness, plus he seems to score quite a bit too.  I'm thinking he could be a good upgrade replacement for Pezzetta.  

I can’t believe he scored! What a debut

I almost thought Matheson was going to score on his last shot of the period in a similar way that Rantanen fairly recently scored on his empty netter where it hit the crossbar and dropped into the net.

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

That was a pretty bad look, the shot of the injured players for Montreal in attendance. 

Who's the one who has been saying every game they hope no one gets injured?  The irony that it wasn't said this game and so far it seems like Matheson is out.    

24 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Who's the one who has been saying every game they hope no one gets injured?  The irony that it wasn't said this game and so far it seems like Matheson is out.    

Won't be back tonight.  Hopefully it's not a serious injury, he was one of the very few near-locks to play at the Worlds next month.