Game 2 - Montréal vs. Chicago ... 7 p.m. - 2023-10-14

bar

Hopefully I didn't step on anyones toes for making this GDT, I used to make it a few years ago, and woke up with some inspiration.

Start Time

Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET. You can catch all the action on Citytv, Sportsnet East, Sportsnet 360, or TVA Sports on television, or listen in on TSN 690 or 98,5 fm on the radio.

LINES (projected, not confirmed)

Montreal_header.jpg?v=1649180285
Left Wing Centre Right Wing
Cole Caufield Nick Suzuki Josh Anderson
Alex Newhook Kirby Dach Juaj Slafkovsky
Tanner Pearson Sean Monahan Brendan Gallagher
Rafael Harvey-Pinard Jake Evans Jesse Ylonen

Left Defence Right Defence
Michael Matheson David Savard
Kaden Guhle Jonathan Kovacevic
Jordan Harris Arber Xhekaj

Starter
Samuel Montembeault
Backup
Jake Allen
Chicago_Blackhawks.JPG.jpg
Left Wing Centre Right Wing
Tyler Johnson Lukas Reichel Taylor Raddysh
Taylor Hall Connor Bedard Ryan Donato
Nick Foligno Jason Dickinson Corey Perry
Boris Katchouk Cole Guttman Andreas Athanasiou

Left Defence Right Defence
Seth Jones Alex Vlasic
Connor Murphy Kevin Korchinski
Jarred Tinordi Wyatt Kaiser

Starter
Petr Mrazek
Backup
Arvid Soderblom

Interesting Facts

Both teams have former players of each others teams. Dach for Montreal and Perry/Tinordi for the Blackhawks.

• Upvote 1

Trivial I know; but noticed #72 is listed at 6'4" 240lb this year, he can still move pretty good for a dude his size.

Hope he stays out of penalty box & plays more than 10 minutes in this one.

Suzuki vs Bedard and pain in ass Corey Perry should help make for an entertaining game.

Battle of 2 rebuilding teams, hope see lots of scoring.

Looking forward to seeing the Dach line again, how will they do vs the weaker Hawks lineup.

NHL 2023-24 bold predictions: Breakouts, bouncebacks, trades and the first 70-goal scorer since 1993 - The Athletic

Basu is a Dach fan;

"Montreal Canadiens
Kirby Dach will reach 70 points: Dach set a career-high last season with 38 points, so nearly doubling that mark would be a massive jump. But I think Dach has it in him. With Nick Suzuki eating most of the tougher matchups in front of him, consistent power-play time on the top unit and an obvious realization on his part of how physically imposing he can be at his size (6-foot-4, 217 pounds), I say we finally see the version of Dach the Chicago Blackhawks thought they were drafting with the No. 3 pick in 2019. — Arpon Basu"

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Looking forward to seeing the Dach line again, how will they do vs the weaker Hawks lineup.

NHL 2023-24 bold predictions: Breakouts, bouncebacks, trades and the first 70-goal scorer since 1993 - The Athletic

Basu is a Dach fan;

"Montreal Canadiens
Kirby Dach will reach 70 points: Dach set a career-high last season with 38 points, so nearly doubling that mark would be a massive jump. But I think Dach has it in him. With Nick Suzuki eating most of the tougher matchups in front of him, consistent power-play time on the top unit and an obvious realization on his part of how physically imposing he can be at his size (6-foot-4, 217 pounds), I say we finally see the version of Dach the Chicago Blackhawks thought they were drafting with the No. 3 pick in 2019. — Arpon Basu"

Agreed, very much looking forward to seeing the Dach line again.  I just think Dach has tremendous upside, really really hope he stays healthy this year. 

From: https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/updates-from-morning-skate-oct-14

So no updates on the Habs' lines.

image.png

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I hope Dach fills the net and flips the Chicago bench the bird after each goal. 

It would also be entertaining if Caufield smoked Bedard through the boards. 

Go Habs Go

I would hope that Dach would have more class ... just skate by sllooowwwwlllllyyyyyy and then salute the Blackhawks box (expect that Davidson et al would be following Bedard around on his Original Six introduction to the NHL).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I hope Dach fills the net and flips the Chicago bench the bird after each goal.

He filled the Chicago bench...with himself.  Is that close enough?  Hopefully it's not too serious but he wasn't moving very well after.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

He filled the Chicago bench...with himself.  Is that close enough?  Hopefully it's not too serious but he wasn't moving very well after.

Went to the locker room with a slight limp after consulting the doctor ... seemed to point to his right thigh/knee/leg.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Dach out for the night 

:(

Nice snipe by Pearson

Sweet goal ... early BOLD prediction ... if Monahan can stay healthy (say 75+ games) HuGo will re-sign him to a 3-4 year extension.