Game #7 Oct 26 2023 Habs vs Columbus 7pm

DON

Interested to see Fantilli.

(Not sure lineups yet, one change am guessing is that Primeau aint playing)

Canadiens Statistics Blue Jackets
3-2-1 Record 3-2-1
48.4% (22nd) Scoring-chances-for % 46.1% (26th)
3.00 (15th) Goals per game 2.83 (19th)
3.33 (19th) Goals against per game 3.17 (16th)
16.7% (18th) PP% 14.3% (20th)
75.8% (19th) PK% 85.0% (10th)
2-1-0 Head-to-Head Record (22-23) 1-2-0

Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets: Game preview and how to watch - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Interested to see Fantilli.

👍👍👍

Good news that Guhle is skating ... read/heard that Dvorak also travelled to Columbus as MSL likes to "integrate" players close to return from injury.

39 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Good news that Guhle is skating ... read/heard that Dvorak also travelled to Columbus as MSL likes to "integrate" players close to return from injury.

The game is in Montreal so there's no reason for Dvorak to make the trip to Columbus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

The game is in Montreal so there's no reason for Dvorak to make the trip to Columbus.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Unless he is getting traded there and GHT120 is ahead of everybody else on the story??

The word "travelled" just rang in my head and I came to fix it, only to discover I had been "caught" ... I think I co-mingled some reference to the Columbus game and a general MSL principle.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Man I can’t watch this game either as I was foolish and put stuff in my life on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. 

Seems like two evenly matched teams and I’m curious about Fantilli too. Might have to record this one. 

I’m going to Dublin for work in a couple of weeks so have tickets for the Columba-Dallas game. Hope to see him as well.

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The word "travelled" just rang in my head and I came to fix it, only to discover I had been "caught" ... I think I co-mingled some reference to the Columbus game and a general MSL principle.

image.png

You can't away with anything on this board.  LOL

Habs are favoured to win i guess.

https://www.pickswise.com/nhl/predictions/columbus-blue-jackets-vs-montreal-canadiens-predictions-250526/

The Columbus Blue Jackets travel to Montreal on Thursday to take on the Canadiens for the first time this season. Both teams are off to a decent start, but there is still a long way to go. Montreal is already dealing with many significant injuries, while the Blue Jackets are down one of their best players in Patrik Laine. Despite all that, this should be a relatively close game. 

Montreal is 2-2 on home ice and coming off a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils. Columbus is a decent team, but scores under 3 goals per game. The Canadiens are allowing over 35 shots per game, but that doesn’t mean they are going to get blown out of the water. The key in this game is goaltending. Jake Allen is expected to start for Montreal and he is 2-0-1 on the season with a 2.58 GAA and a .929 SV%. Those are respectable numbers considering how many shots he is going to face. This game could need overtime to decide a winner, so I’ll back the Canadiens to get the job done in any way they can.

Canadiens ML (-115) available at time of publishing.

*Montembeault has a 1-1 record this season with a 3.55 goals-against average and an .892 save percentage. Montembeault allowed five goals on 35 shots in his last start, a 5-2 loss to the Minnesota Wild on Oct. 17.

I can't support ANY player punching an opponent once they have them pinned on the ice.

But glad he didn't get an instigator penalty and have a 10-minute misconduct as well.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I can't support ANY player punching an opponent once they have them pinned on the ice.

But glad he didn't get an instigator penalty and have a 10-minute misconduct as well.

Why did he start this particular fight?

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Why did he start this particular fight?

CBJ player checked him head first into the boards.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

CBJ player checked him head first into the boards.

It was a dangerous, dirty hit.  For most situations, I would agree with you but for that particular play, regardless of team, I'm not opposed to it.

It obviously taught Columbus nothing as they've gotten their 2nd boarding penatly in less than 10 minutes of play.

17 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

... It obviously taught Columbus nothing as they've gotten their 2nd boarding penatly in less than 10 minutes of play.

Does it EVER "teach" an opponent anything?

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

It used to, but since the instigator penalty, it's greatly taken away the self-policing of players.

I don't think it ever did ... the guiltiest players tend to be those that have to do that shyte to stay in the NHL.

Slaffy's getting frustrated. I'd love for him to score one tonight in front of the home crowd just to get the monkey off his back.

Lots of empty seats in the crowd. Does anyone use gametime or other last minute ticket-selling apps? I'm wondering if there are any last minute deals on tickets to be found out there.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That was a dirty hit and I'm glad Wifi pounded his head in.

Agree it was a dirty hit and glad WiFi jumped him ... but just don't support anyone hitting the head of an opponent who is pinned to the ice.

Just now, GHT120 said:

Agree it was a dirty hit and glad WiFi jumped him ... but just don't support anyone hitting the head of an opponent who is pinned to the ice.

Not only did that jerk-off check him head-first into the boards, he then punched Wifi in the head. 

He deserves every frigging blow to the head he got. Especially since we cannot trust the NHL's "player safety" himbos to do anything but pick their noses about the initial hit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not only did that jerk-off check him head-first into the boards, he then punched Wifi in the head. 

He deserves every frigging blow to the head he got. Especially since we cannot trust the NHL's "player safety" himbos to do anything but pick their noses about the initial hit. 

Then don't complain when it happens to a Hab ... what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just now, GHT120 said:

Then don't complain when it happens to a Hab ... what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yeah, well, if a Hab checks a guy head-first into the boards, putting him at risk of a concussion and possibly even paralysis, I will quite understand the other team whaling on that Hab. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

None of this would be necessary, though, if the NHL could be trusted to impose stiff sanctions on this kind of behaviour in the first place.

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #7 Oct 26 2023 Habs vs Columbus 7pm