Game#9 Habs vs Vegas Monday Oct 30 2023 10PM

DON

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:
3 hours ago, DON said:

Monahan now has 2 PP goals and 2 SH goals this season.

Wanna see him with 14 and 22 when Dvorak comes back

When I saw that my 1st thought was:  damn, and you think I'm optimistic?  (I know you mean Nick and Cole and not ppg and shg)

Jeez eh, terrible defensive play by Newhook leading to that short breakaway on Monty but luckily it hit the post.

Wow, was that ever a beauty of a fake out by Moneyhands on that shg.    The puck is dumped into VGK zone and bounces to their goalie, he misplays it and it goes to Sean who fakes wiring it at the net so the goalie dives to make a save on a shot that never happened and he gently taps the puck into a wide open net.   What an absolutely brilliant *vet* move that was.

Too bad they only got 1 point - that game was totally winnable.  I still say the same about the 5-2 L to NJ too.  That game had 2 bad penalties that lead to 2 PPG and that caused a open netter.  Without those 2 bad penalties it would have been a 2-2 game.  So far this year the only game they had little chance of winning was against the Wild.  That's pretty crazy.

Yeah, Habs have been competitive in most game. I dozed off a couple of times watching this game (it was very late) but loved what I saw

Despite some turn overs , the Habs showed that if everyone was healthy they would be a legit bubble playoff team 

Newhook hit a couple posts at least.

Anderson 5 shots, no goals yet.

9 games 1a for Anderson/Slafkovski, pretty disappointing start to season.

3 shots +2, 26:08 for Guhle, seems alot.

Seems another solid game from Montembeault also.

21:18 for Barron, lots of shifts.

"The Canadiens went into overtime having out-shot the Golden Knights 27-8 over the final two periods, and they came out of it with a chance to win in the shootout."

Canadiens show growth despite loss to Golden Knights: 'Best gme from start to finish' (sportsnet.ca)

But, again, was an entertaining and fun game. 

Canadiens @ Golden Knights Top Six Minutes: A dominant effort, but just a single point - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Montreal sends three players on a short-handed rush, and there’s a two-on-one against. Still being too overaggressive trying for force plays to happen."

They went on the road and played the best team in the league, a team with size and skill that would have given them fits the last two seasons....and they outplayed them for large stretches of the game and came out of it with a point.  That's a solid result.

On 10/31/2023 at 12:14 AM, Sir_Boagalott said:

When I saw that my 1st thought was:  damn, and you think I'm optimistic?  (I know you mean Nick and Cole and not ppg and shg)

Haha. Ya I should have typed their names. I was being lazy.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Did Guhle have a concussion?
Was that his UBI, given he wearing tinted visor now.

the TSN 690 post-game folks were saying that Guhle probably has a concussion based on the visor. they also cited some practice stuff that hinted towards that theory, but I don;t remember exactly what they mentioned.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Did Guhle have a concussion?
Was that his UBI, given he wearing tinted visor now.

Yes, it was commented on by a few media people. Guhle confirmed it in an interview, said an opponent’s knee landed on back of his head during a pile up (forget which game, but the one he left early) and he thinks it  was a freak accident, symptoms were not bad and felt fully recovered.

The tinted visor was not mentioned but interesting catch.