Thoughts?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets traded?

• Allen
    • Montembault
    • Primeau
    • None

4 hours ago, DON said:

Are a bunch like that, but Ducks would be one that i could care less if folded tomorrow and relocated to Houston or Salt Lake... or perhaps Quebec City:pray:

I don’t want them anywhere near Quebec City. Too many good prospects. If Quebec gets a team I want them to suck!

Sweet, Monty came up big numerous times and the losing streak ends.   Hopefully, they continue to get more wins on this road trip.  

The season is close to being 1/4 over and I'm sure the naysayers will disagree but even though they just had back to back multi game losing streaks they're still not out of the playoff picture yet.   My prediction that both wildcard spots will be Atlantic div teams still holds true, and the Habs are only 4 games or less from of either of those spots.  Amazingly, even though this game was their 3 regulation win this year 2nd and 3rd of the div is not out of question - due to games in hand there's almost a 4 way tie for 2nd so the Habs are 3.5 games out of 3rd.  

2 hours ago, Neech said:

Monty made some huge stops in this game. Bourgeault and a 4th incoming?

I hope its not Bourgeault.  If the Habs are getting a 1st rnd prospect I'd much rather they get Halloway.

Newhook's quickness is nice to see, 4 shots was good.

Caufield 5 shots but no luck and poor Andy managed 3 shots but... 

10 Thoughts: Habs Hang on to Beat Ducks – HabsWorld.net

"8) Struble’s first game went about as expected. He spent the first few shifts trying to do a little too much and taking himself out of position. He quickly settled down and played a pretty good first period after those shifts. The rest of the game was pretty much without event, not a bad thing for a kid’s first NHL contest."

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DON said:

10 Thoughts: Habs Hang on to Beat Ducks – HabsWorld.net

"8) Struble’s first game went about as expected. He spent the first few shifts trying to do a little too much and taking himself out of position. He quickly settled down and played a pretty good first period after those shifts. The rest of the game was pretty much without event, not a bad thing for a kid’s first NHL contest."

Yes, Strubble was good, reminds me a bit of Barron's first few games.

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t want them anywhere near Quebec City. Too many good prospects. If Quebec gets a team I want them to suck!

I don’t want Quebec City to ever have a team again. The festering scumbags that were the Nordiques are dead and should stay rotting in their putride shallow grave. Forever. 

(Besides that, I don’t see QC as a city with the corporate wealth to sustain a team in today’s NHL).

I didn’t see this game, only watched the replays; but it’s really nice to see Newhook bag a couple and, above all, to see Slaf beginning to appear on the scoresheet. I really don’t care about his defensive awareness at this point…what I want is some sign, ANY sign, that he might become an impact player. As long as there is some sort of tangible progression, that hope remains alive.

The replays show that Monty made some massive saves and was clearly a difference maker - and comes out of the game with a .909 save% and a GAA of over 3.00. This is why the doubters who point to his stats line leave me a bit cold. I like him. He has presence and is a good NHL goalie IMHO. I notice he is being talked about as a serious starter more and more by, say, broadcast teams. His rep is solidifying. And, in my opinion, rightly so.

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

19 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don’t want Quebec City to ever have a team again. The festering scumbags that were the Nordiques are dead and should stay rotting in their putride shallow grave. Forever. 

While I agree with TCC, <<< IF >>> QC were to get a team I would want them to suck for a very long time ... give PKP a $2B expansion tram but with "traditional" expansion draft rules.

8 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Sweet, Monty came up big numerous times and the losing streak ends.   Hopefully, they continue to get more wins on this road trip.  

The season is close to being 1/4 over and I'm sure the naysayers will disagree but even though they just had back to back multi game losing streaks they're still not out of the playoff picture yet.   My prediction that both wildcard spots will be Atlantic div teams still holds true, and the Habs are only 4 games or less from of either of those spots.  Amazingly, even though this game was their 3 regulation win this year 2nd and 3rd of the div is not out of question - due to games in hand there's almost a 4 way tie for 2nd so the Habs are 3.5 games out of 3rd.  

I hope its not Bourgeault.  If the Habs are getting a 1st rnd prospect I'd much rather they get Halloway.

Absolutely, much rather have Holloway than Bourgault, far better prospect in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

(Besides that, I don’t see QC as a city with the corporate wealth to sustain a team in today’s NHL).

I didn’t see this game, only watched the replays; but it’s really nice to see Newhook bag a couple and, above all, to see Slaf beginning to appear on the scoresheet. I really don’t care about his defensive awareness at this point…what I want is some sign, ANY sign, that he might become an impact player. As long as there is some sort of tangible progression, that hope remains alive.

The replays show that Monty made some massive saves and was clearly a difference maker - and comes out of the game with a .909 save% and a GAA of over 3.00. This is why the doubters who point to his stats line leave me a bit cold. I like him. He has presence and is a good NHL goalie IMHO. I notice he is being talked about as a serious starter more and more by, say, broadcast teams. His rep is solidifying. And, in my opinion, rightly so.

I don't have that hate for Quebec. I grew up in Montreal in the 80s and lived through the Good Friday brawl. I used to travel to Quebec often to visit my ex's family and it was fun to poke fun at each other.

Quebec city has a wide basin of potential supporters, similar to Winnipeg from what I gather. I would like to see a franchise there instead of some insipid US city.

Monty stole the game, Suzuki's line played well and, for his first game, Strubble played well.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Quebec city has a wide basin of potential supporters, similar to Winnipeg from what I gather. I would like to see a franchise there instead of some insipid US city.

As TCC points out, QC doesn't have the corporate base for the highest priced tickets, suites, sponsorships, etc.

Although I have no doubt of Jets' fan fervour, they are consistently in the bottom 10 (recently more like 5-6) in attendance and slightly lower in revenues ... not (despite the bizarre Arizona situation) what the NHL wants.