Game 26 - Canadiens vs Kings - December 7, 2023 - 7:00 p.m.

GHT120

Just getting a head start

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Just getting a head start

Dont like the Habs chances in this one.

So will likely win, go Slafkovski go!

Have a drink young fella.

Image result for powerhorse funn iamge

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I like the Habs chances in this one as the Kings are coming after a big comeback win so they might not be as hungry. 

On the other hand, the Kings just TIED the record for consecutive road wins to start the season ... they have some motivation tonight ... and individually, Danault always has motivation in Montrel and in some ways so to does PLD.

On paper not a fair match-up.

"Building this juggernaut has been a group effort. Los Angeles has five players hovering around a point-per-game pace: Adrian Kempe, Trevor Moore, Kevin Fiala, Anze Kopitar, and Quinton Byfield. Ten players have five or more goals. "

Canadiens Statistics Kings
11-11-3 Record 15-4-3
46.1% (27th) Scoring-chances-for % 56.6% (3rd)
2.80 (27th) Goals per game 3.86 (2nd)
3.48 (26th) Goals against per game 2.32 (2nd)
17.8% (22nd) PP% 19.2% (18th)
73.4% (29th) PK% 88.4% (3rd)
0-1-0 Head-to-Head Record 1-0-0

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/montreal-canadiens-los-angeles-kings-2023-12-07-game-preview-start-time-tale-of-the-tape-and-how-to-watch-tv-listings/

Didn't like the Pezzetta fight at the end.  What is he trying to prove?  Englund didn't do anything to warrant dropping the gloves so was Pezzetta just fighting for the sake of fighting?  That's not going to help him stay in the lineup.  That's probably going to hurt his chances, to be honest.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Didn't like the Pezzetta fight at the end.  What is he trying to prove?  Englund didn't do anything to warrant dropping the gloves so was Pezzetta just fighting for the sake of fighting?  That's not going to help him stay in the lineup.  That's probably going to hurt his chances, to be honest.

Giving the Bell Centre faithful something.

• Like 1

Two 4-0 losses to them eh, but kinda an expected result.

Sometimes you just get beat by a better team - Habs Eyes on the Prize

Juraj Slafkovský showing he can fill the hole next to Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield - The Athletic

"And the way he had his team attack the Kings’ neutral-zone trap produced a very telling statement.

“I know we lost and stuff, and to me it’s a lesson, but I love that part of the game,” St. Louis said of trying to break down that trap, the tactical side of the game. “The easiest thing to do is just throw (the puck) in, and maybe there will be a time when we’re going to throw it in.

“But right now, we’re trying to learn to play hockey.” "

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Two 4-0 losses to them eh, but kinda an expected result.

Sometimes you just get beat by a better team - Habs Eyes on the Prize

Juraj Slafkovský showing he can fill the hole next to Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield - The Athletic

"And the way he had his team attack the Kings’ neutral-zone trap produced a very telling statement.

“I know we lost and stuff, and to me it’s a lesson, but I love that part of the game,” St. Louis said of trying to break down that trap, the tactical side of the game. “The easiest thing to do is just throw (the puck) in, and maybe there will be a time when we’re going to throw it in.

“But right now, we’re trying to learn to play hockey.” "

One of the really interesting sub-plots in this entire rebuild is whether MSL is the real deal as a long-term NHL coach. He seems to have established that he understands players’ psyches and is good with the kids. Tactical mastery would be the next step.  If he “loves that part of the game,” that’s a good sign for his ability to eventually excel at it. 

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

One of the really interesting sub-plots in this entire rebuild is whether MSL is the real deal as a long-term NHL coach. He seems to have established that he understands players’ psyches and is good with the kids. Tactical mastery would be the next step.  If he “loves that part of the game,” that’s a good sign for his ability to eventually excel at it. 

Agreed 

Francois Gagnon said that the Habs asked MSL if he would want a coach consultant (like Jaques Martin) and MSL said no.

DJ Smith did the opposite ( that was Gagnon’s point: the coach has to accept)

I don’t know if MSL will even be a “tactical master” , but it is certain he can relate to players and communicate clearly. 

I mention this because MSL seems confident on his abilities as coach; that is endearing but may be his downfall

Edited by alfredoh2009

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed 

Francois Gagnon said that the Habs asked MSL if he would want a coach consultant (like Jaques Martin) and MSL said no.

DJ Smith did the opposite ( that was Gagnon’s point: the coach has to accept)

I don’t know if MSL will even be a “tactical master” , but it is certain he can relate to players and communicate clearly. 

I mention this because MSL seems confident on his abilities as coach; that is endearing but may be his downfall

I wonder if his perspective might change once the team is in "GO for the playoffs" mode (25/26 IMO) ... right now, the primary focus is on development/teaching ... MSL may see "tactics" as a distraction at this point.

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I wonder if his perspective might change once the team is in "GO for the playoffs" mode (25/26 IMO) ... right now, the primary focus is on development/teaching ... MSL may see "tactics" as a distraction at this point.

as a fan, his lack of interest on this has made me care little about winning. I am just happy to see a handful of players have good games. 🤷‍♂️ :spamafote:🤷‍♀️