Game 26 - Canadiens vs Kings - December 7, 2023 - 7:00 p.m.

GHT120

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed 

Francois Gagnon said that the Habs asked MSL if he would want a coach consultant (like Jaques Martin) and MSL said no.

DJ Smith did the opposite ( that was Gagnon’s point: the coach has to accept)

I don’t know if MSL will even be a “tactical master” , but it is certain he can relate to players and communicate clearly. 

I mention this because MSL seems confident on his abilities as coach; that is endearing but may be his downfall

Oh look its a take shots at the coach post AGAIN.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I mention this because MSL seems confident on his abilities as coach; that is endearing but may be his downfall

I think confidence is an absolute must if you are going to be successful at the NHL level whether it be as a player or coach. You also have to be open minded as a good coach never stops learning. I think Marty is the right person for the job but like any good coach he will have to continually adapt to different situations. 

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed 

Francois Gagnon said that the Habs asked MSL if he would want a coach consultant (like Jaques Martin) and MSL said no.

DJ Smith did the opposite ( that was Gagnon’s point: the coach has to accept)

I don’t know if MSL will even be a “tactical master” , but it is certain he can relate to players and communicate clearly. 

Well DJ Smith doesn’t seem to be benefitting from having a more experienced coach helping him. He will probably be the next coach fired, Ottawa should be a lot better than how they have been.

37 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well DJ Smith doesn’t seem to be benefitting from having a more experienced coach helping him. He will probably be the next coach fired, Ottawa should be a lot better than how they have been.

To be fair, Smith has been working with Martin for all of one game; he was just hired a couple of days ago.

They were decent for the first 30min of the game but absolute dog shit during the second half of the game. 

Caufield is missing that mojo. 

Looking like someone who got dumped by his girlfriend and she took the dog too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They have lots of games in hand and should come out of the basement if they continue trending up.

BUF's coach should be fired before OTT's

Was nice to see the big kid shrug off Doughty behind the net and set up Caufield in front.

10 Thoughts: Habs Blanked by Kings – HabsWorld.net

1st Star – Juraj Slafkovsky 

The decade-long debate around Habs fans has been speed and skill vs size and power. But what happens when your size and power can play with speed and skill? This is what we are starting to see out of Slafkovsky and the results are simply awesome as everyone is on the same page that Slafkovsky has been the Habs best player of late, and by a wide margin, I might add. This game was no different as a very good group of defenders had to answer to Slafkovsky handling them and protecting the puck down low. Now, imagine if he can continue to play this way and his teammates start burying the chances he’s creating? 

Stats: even, 1 shot, 18:16 T.O.I. 

2nd Star – Samuel Montembeault 

3rd Star – Mike Matheson

If anyone has any doubts about MSL, watch this video.

I considered myself to have a decent understanding of the game but after watching this, my knowledge is clearly very surface level compared to a man like this.

Considering everything we know about him, it makes sense that he has spent a lot of time in his life contemplating the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1