Game 32 Habs at Wild 8pm Thursday Dec 21

Prime Minister Koivu

Poll for fun  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Habs trade a goalie this season?

• Yes
    • No

Likely the same roster and lines playing tomorrow. Primeau should get the start but we will see. 

Finally tested positive for covid after many negative tests over the last three years and the coughing sucks. 

I think a Slafkovsky hat trick would make me feel better. 

Go Habs Go

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Likely the same roster and lines playing tomorrow. Primeau should get the start but we will see. 

Finally tested positive for covid after many negative tests over the last three years and the coughing sucks. 

I think a Slafkovsky hat trick would make me feel better. 

Go Habs Go

Covid blows. Fortunately it’s not as ferocious as it once was, in most cases, and if you’re vacced up the effects should be further mitigated. Nevertheless - no picnic, and what a drag at this time of year! Cool of you to start the GDT regardless. Hang in there, brother. 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Take good care of yourself and your loved ones. Long COVID is a scary version of it

59 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Covid blows. Fortunately it’s not as ferocious as it once was, in most cases, and if you’re vacced up the effects should be further mitigated. Nevertheless - no picnic, and what a drag at this time of year! Cool of you to start the GDT regardless. Hang in there, brother. 

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hang in there man.  Lots of fluids and lots of rest. 

Thanks friends 👍

I haven’t had a vax shot since the beginning but so far the only really bad part is the relentless cough. 

I’ll be ok - it must suck for my wife because she is sitting there waiting for me to infect her!

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Thanks friends 👍

I haven’t had a vax shot since the beginning but so far the only really bad part is the relentless cough. 

I’ll be ok - it must suck for my wife because she is sitting there waiting for me to infect her!

Brace yourself. 

I went through it two weeks ago. Didn’t test positive for Covid but my symptoms were similar and far worse than what I experienced when I had Covid before. 

Brutal lingering cough, severe chest and head congestion, fever with ridiculous sweat spells and aching muscles. 

Spent the better part of 4 days in bed and was a whisker away from admitting myself to the hospital. 

Drink fluids and take amoxicillin. 

Oh and your wife is gonna get it just like mine did.  Even though she slept on the couch throughout. 

10 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

You sound just like me, I just got it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  Wasn't fun, that's for sure (and I had a lot of writing to get to that week that took much longer than usual since I could only go a few hours without needing rest).  Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Helmethead said:

Brace yourself. 

I went through it two weeks ago. Didn’t test positive for Covid but my symptoms were similar and far worse than what I experienced when I had Covid before. 

Brutal lingering cough, severe chest and head congestion, fever with ridiculous sweat spells and aching muscles. 

Spent the better part of 4 days in bed and was a whisker away from admitting myself to the hospital. 

Drink fluids and take amoxicillin. 

Oh and your wife is gonna get it just like mine did.  Even though she slept on the couch throughout. 

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

You sound just like me, I just got it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  Wasn't fun, that's for sure (and I had a lot of writing to get to that week that took much longer than usual since I could only go a few hours without needing rest).  Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks folks

Im just counting the days until I feel better, one day at a time. Covid genuinely sucks and my lungs are so freaking sore. 

Montembault in net tonight 

HuGo, please don’t forget that Primeau exists. 

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

HuGo, please don’t forget that Primeau exists. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Primeau starts against Chicago.  Frankly, that makes more sense than starting him against Minnesota, a team the Habs can't beat on the road to save their lives and who is on a bit of an uptick after their coaching change.

This was the scoresheet of the last time Montreal won in Minnesota: https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201103200MIN.html  (They have a couple of wins in Montreal since then.)

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Primeau starts against Chicago.  Frankly, that makes more sense than starting him against Minnesota, a team the Habs can't beat on the road to save their lives and who is on a bit of an uptick after their coaching change.

This was the scoresheet of the last time Montreal won in Minnesota: https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201103200MIN.html  (They have a couple of wins in Montreal since then.)

Alex Auld ... another name I had already forgotten!

Just how bad will this loss be?

Hope the Habs have some offense at least.

Canadiens @ Wild: Game preview and how to watch (habseyesontheprize.com)

"Montreal’s goaltender will have to be particularly sharp against Minnesota’s top trio of Kirill Kaprizov, Joel Eriksson Ek, and Matt Boldy. Boldy missed the first game in Montreal while his current teammates combined for five points, but the third-year forward has been making up for lost time. He’s enjoyed the most offensive success under Hynes, scoring seven goals in 11 games, recording one more point in that time than Kaprizov."

Scoring summery from the last Habs win in Minni (from dlbalr's link noted above)... even Gomez got on scoresheet!

image.png

Again, Habs have the better PK overall. But, likely because Minni played horrible to start the season.

Canadiens Statistics Wild
14-13-4 Record 13-13-4
46.5% (27th) Scoring-chances-for % 52.2% (10th)
2.71 (27th) Goals per game 3.00 (20th)
3.32 (22nd) Goals against per game 3.20 (19th)
18.0% (22nd) PP% 17.2% (23rd)
73.2% (28th) PK% 72.2% (31st)
0-1-0 Head-to-Head Record 1-0-0

I think the Habs will win by continuing to ride Anderson's hot streak.  Plus, dlbar's post suggests the Habs are well over due to win in Minnesota. 

The big question is will Andy's streak go for long enough for the Habs to gain ground on the other Bubble teams so they can be in a Wildcard spot?  In most seasons, this stretch of games at the end of December and into January are typically vital for the Habs playoff chances.  As the season approaches the halfway mark you don't want to be losing ground but gaining.   I'm certainly hoping they surprise everybody and pick up a bunch of points on this road trip and they finish the calendar year being tied with Florida.

Not a fan of the decision to challenge for offside on the second goal.  It looked pretty clear after one slowed-down replay that it was onside, albeit just by a tiny bit.  If a replay can be found that quickly showing it was a good goal, is that the type of play to challenge?

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Isn't there an automatic suspension now for fighting an unwilling opponent?

The aggressor rarely gets called and Bogosian wasn't called for it so there won't be a suspension coming.  I'm not certain it's an automatic suspension either.

Meanwhile, I was surprised Rossi got the instigator.  Yes, he aggressively went after Guhle but it looked like Guhle dropped first.  I could have seen two extra for Rossi for a rough without the instigator but the full 17-minute one I wasn't expecting.