New Habs jerseys for next season!

MK19

Hey guys, if you do not know a few weeks ago on "Bacon, Eggs, and Sports" on the Team 990, we broke the news of the Canadiens potentially getting new jerseys for next year along with the rest of the NHL. Reebok, is trying to introduce a "form-fitting" looking for all 30 teams. Here is a prototype of what could look like the new jerseys. If you are curious to know how we found out, Paul Lukas who is an ESPN writer posted the Canadiens, Flyers, Red Wings, Stars, Blue Jackets, and Bruins on his weblog. Here is the link.

http://www.sabresinsider.com/images/mtl.jpg

I think the NHL with all it's goofy changes, new uniforms etc is driving the long time hard core fans away. I may be in the minority but the games are getting very hard to watch. I agree with the hooking and holding changes but common, leave the uniforms alone, there are enough ugly ones around.

I think the NHL with all it's goofy changes, new uniforms etc is driving the long time hard core fans away. I may be in the minority but the games are getting very hard to watch. I agree with the hooking and holding changes but common, leave the uniforms alone, there are enough ugly ones around.

couldn't have said it better myself. Everytime they try to change the habs jersey, it's downhill.

No, dont *** arround with a timeless classic. Habs jersey has been in it's present form for more than 50 years and I want it to remain like this for 50 more years!

I think the designer of the possible 2007/08 jersey was at an airport, and got inspired by a plane that was on the runway ready for takeoff (one with stripes on the tail of course)...the stripes are tacky and grotesque. I am willing to see new jersey designs...but that.....well...that jersey is almost as ugly as a TML home jersey. Close, but not quite. Ps: The sabres home jersey grew on me...i dont mind it as much anymore....maybe if this jersey is the Habs next jersey, it will grow on all of us as well and we'll all just have to get used to it. JMO

Edited by justintb

I think the designer of the possible 2007/08 jersey was at an airport, and got inspired by a plane that was on the runway ready for takeoff (one with stripes on the tail of course)...the stripes are tacky and grotesque. I am willing to see new jersey designs...but that.....well...that jersey is almost as ugly as a TML home jersey. Close, but not quite. Ps: The sabres home jersey grew on me...i dont mind it as much anymore....maybe if this jersey is the Habs next jersey, it will grow on all of us as well and we'll all just have to get used to it. JMO

I'm not sure that anything that has to grow on the most loyal fans in the game is a good marketing idea.

First glance for me...I don't think so, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it in actual fabric.