Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 03/01/08

Cataclaw

Alright, here are some more Montreal pics. If anyone wants more, i'll make a dedicated thread. (I don't want to threadjack this into a Montreal pictures thread, but maybe posting a couple will give us some much needed home-ice good luck! ;) )

hwmtl2.jpg

hwmtl3.jpghwmtl4.jpg

hwmtl5.jpg

GO HABS GO! :hlogo:

hwmtl6.jpg

These are very nice Pics. I never knew that Montreal was so nice.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbo owned Torterella.

Since they had to overuse Lecavalier line, it totally went against them in

the third.

The Montreal players were agressive on the puck and dedicated to not let

Tampa players shoot on net. It was way too risky, they had to go on and

score some goals.

It's nice to see that we don't have to always rely on goalies to win.

Hey a couple of games like this and Ryder value is gonna go way up.

Carbo owned Torterella.

Since they had to overuse Lecavalier line, it totally went against them in

the third.

The Montreal players were agressive on the puck and dedicated to not let

Tampa players shoot on net. It was way too risky, they had to go on and

score some goals.

It's nice to see that we don't have to always rely on goalies to win.

Hey a couple of games like this and Ryder value is gonna go way up.

and then we trade him!

Good win for the Habs.

I've never noticed this but as of right now Ryder is sitting 9th on the list for the Habs top points getter with 14 points. He is a head of guys like Latendresse, Komisarek, Chipchura, Dandenault and Kostopulos to name a few.

don't know man, i didn't notice when I baught my tickets for this game before the season started. Now I have to attend a freaking 12h30 game with KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, they will all be preaching and praising Ovechkin and i'll be like "SHUT THE ###### UP, HE'S PLAYING AGAINST US RIGHT NOW".

héhé

Lol. Well, at least you are there. Put the blinders on and drink up..

Everyone's been so happy so we better start bitching about Huet again! ^_^

I was in Burlington for the day so I only heard the third period on the radio (the announcers thought Huet was doing great) and then saw the highlights. I'm not going to complain about goaltending in a 6-3 win but I think he did a weak job on the three goals (atleast two of the three were soft). TSN didn't show any nice saves he made so I can't be sure of those, but he seems like he's struggling to me. First of all, on the breakaway... I know it was Vinny Lecavalier coming in all alone but he didn't even move! If he closed his eyes and thrashed around madly he would have atleast had a chance of knocking it out with his ass or something, but all he did is stand still which seems to be his usual strategy in breakaways (i.e. vs Shanahan in OT) and in shootouts.

I'm really starting to buy into the idea of using Price in the shootout. Huet's confidence in those situations is at an all-time low, not that pulling him in OT is going to help that in any way. Maybe the best solution is to let Ryder take breakaways on him after every practice? He's the perfect guy for him - the one player Huet can stand perfectly still on and still make the save again and again.

Nice win!

I caught glimpses of the game (had supper/beer with a girl at 3 brasseurs, so i had to force myself to not watch the game, even with the TV right in front of my face, arrrgh, lol.)

Hightlights aren't up yet, but how did the Ryder goals look? Flukey/lucky/trash goals or were they sniper goals from the Ryder we used to know?

His assist he had the goalie down and slid it across to Kovy, thought he boned it a bit but we got the goal. He finished off a great pass from Higgins and sniped one old style from the top of the circle. That was the one that looked like he may have found his old form. He has such a nice wrist shot when it is fired at a corner instaed of the middle of a goalies jersey.

I'm really starting to buy into the idea of using Price in the shootout. Huet's confidence in those situations is at an all-time low, not that pulling him in OT is going to help that in any way. Maybe the best solution is to let Ryder take breakaways on him after every practice? He's the perfect guy for him - the one player Huet can stand perfectly still on and still make the save again and again.

I still don't think that you can put in a goalie for the shootout who hasn't played all game. But What I hope the team is doing is giving lots of practise to huet on breakaways. Practise makes perfect, and he really can use some practise these days. He is simply awful on breakaways!

I'm glad Ryder scored a typical Ryder goal last night. A straight up snap shot from the slot. He hasn't scored one of those in a long, long time.

I am very happy with the pace to the games recently. It seems that Carbo is letting them play a more open style which is what I think this team should play.

Higgins is a beast and if he continues to develop, he just might be a 90-100 point guy next year. He seems to have the same level of play if he is playing with Koivu or Lapierre.

Higgins is a beast and if he continues to develop, he just might be a 90-100 point guy next year.

Let's not get too excited. Higgins is on pace for about 60 points this year. If he can get 70 to 75 next year, I'll be happy. But to say that he'll be a 90 to 100 point guy next year is a little too optimistic if you ask me. Maybe when he'll be 28 or 29 years old, but i doubt it'll happen next year!

Everyone's been so happy so we better start bitching about Huet again! ^_^

Lol. but what would that do for Ryder's confidence??

Let's not get too excited. Higgins is on pace for about 60 points this year. If he can get 70 to 75 next year, I'll be happy. But to say that he'll be a 90 to 100 point guy next year is a little too optimistic if you ask me. Maybe when he'll be 28 or 29 years old, but i doubt it'll happen next year!

I agree. I think we're all expecting too much from Higgins too soon and then we get disappointed when he's not over a point per game player. Remember, this is only his 3rd year. I also hope for about 70-75 points next year, and I think he can hover around the ppg ratio when he hits his prime, but I don't think he'll ever be more than that on the "points" side. Remember, he brings a lot of other stuff to the table. Intangibles, physical play, energy, leadership.

Great game last night but I really hope that Ryder does not end up with Koivu and Higgins to start Saturdays game.

I really liked the lines how they were.

Agreed. I think everything is great at the moment, lines are clicking, and Carbo knows this, so i'm not worried.

Next game thread up within the hour.

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

According to an article writen by Pat Hickey and posted on montrealgazette.com, it has nothing to do with the NFL:

"Fans are reminded tomorrow's game against Washington starts at 12:30 p.m. The Canadiens wanted to play an afternoon game and the unusual starting time is to accommodate RDS, which will pick up the world junior final at 3 p.m."

Hopefully, RDS will have been wise to give the Habs the earlier start, because Team Canada will be playing for gold.

I think Pat Hickey is wrong, doesn't the final start at like 2 on TSN?

RDS should just send the habs game at the same time as the WJC finals because CANADA IS GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY!!! SVERIGE!!!! :D

:angry: Not likely....I think you need to lay off the Hembränt

RDS should just send the habs game at the same time as the WJC finals because CANADA IS GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY!!! SVERIGE!!!! :D

Um yeah, right, and Alferdson willl lead the Sens to a cup, right? What is the net intelligence level of a nation of blondes? Not sure but I bet they walk into a lot of buildings.

Um yeah, right, and Alferdson willl lead the Sens to a cup, right? What is the net intelligence level of a nation of blondes? Not sure but I bet they walk into a lot of buildings.

Mmmkey, insulting my country makes u feel better? Now I might wish habs to lose just to make u mad.

Mmmkey, insulting my country makes u feel better? Now I might wish habs to lose just to make u mad.

No, beating your country made me feel quite good, true the blonde line may not be called for, and full credit to your nation for putting on a great show in this tourny. They were by far the toughest team we encountered. Well played. But I do hope your goalie has a dismall carreer in Buffalo as they don't need another top notch goalie which he showed all the potential of being. Way better than either Canadian goalie in my opinion. It's just such a long shot beating Canada in hockey. Sort of like beating USA in Basketball. Canada invented that game too you know, but we gave it to them as there wasn't enough contact to gain the average Canucks interest.

No, beating your country made me feel quite good, true the blonde line may not be called for, and full credit to your nation for putting on a great show in this tourny. They were by far the toughest team we encountered. Well played. But I do hope your goalie has a dismall carreer in Buffalo as they don't need another top notch goalie which he showed all the potential of being. Way better than either Canadian goalie in my opinion. It's just such a long shot beating Canada in hockey. Sort of like beating USA in Basketball. Canada invented that game too you know, but we gave it to them as there wasn't enough contact to gain the average Canucks interest.

I overreacted a bit :) Gratz on the gold folks.