Game Day Thread Canadiens @ Thrashers

JMMR

I was right...just not the way I thought ;)

Huet 1 for 2 on save attempts and it didn't go to the third shooters.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have to say that once this game made it to the Shootout, I was sure our boys were gonna lose this game. But huet made some nice saves in the OT and SO and kinda made amends for the huge mistake he made in the 3rd period.

From this point on, A. Kostitsyn should always be our FIRST Shooter in the SO. the Kid if fv.cking awesome!

Nice to see the boys pick up another 6 points out of a possible 8 on this road trip! Keep it up boys. Let's Kick some Penguin ass on saturday!!!

despite his terrible play and the fact that the goal wasn't anything special, I forgive Koivu. Now come out on Saturday and show some dominance.

I'm not forgiving him until I see him play a whole game at the level I know he can play at.

Yeah, I watched the replay 3 times and those goals do go in since they are bounces with zero reaction time. Do you know how many goals are scored with intight cross crease passes that go off goalies, skates, etc? Lots, because the goalie is crossing the crease and by definition has holes that any bounce can go thru... I guess if it didn't hit him and go in, it would land right on the stick of the thrasher coming for the easy tip in, then it would be a good goal, i guess. Unlucky yes, bad goal, I don't think so...

The second goal was a comedy of errors.. brutal all around..

ok, whatever helps you sleep at night

I love watching the Leafs right now. Win or Lose it is good. If they lose they bury themselves more. If they win the screw over their draft position.

They will finish out of the lottery and screw up another first rounder. It's beginning to look alot like the 80s.

And Huet redeemed himself by earning the point back.

Edited by Wamsley01

Believe it or not, Tim Thomas is the worse goalie in the league in shootouts, if he was in net. He makes Huet look great in comparison.

Auld was in net, I believe

Note on the terrible goal: I don't think it came out over the goal line so Huet could play it, Hammer had to be quicker on it. Still hate that there is one or two boned goals a game. Huet plays a shut-out style game and gives up a pair. Seems to have a bit of a problem.

No sense giving Atlanta a point, but 6 of 8 points this road trip is a good thing.

NHL.com lists the 3 stars as:

1- A. Kostitsyn

2 - Lehtonen

3 - Hossa

I would say

1 Lehtonen Without him there would be no ponts for Atlanta

2 A Kots , for the goal in regulation.

3 S Kots for all the little nasty hits, he bringed life to Koivu line, Higgins was nowhere to be seen again.

* notable mention to Gorges.

As ususal my three goats.

1 Ken Klee Mister turnover

2 Roman Hamrlik, did wake uip after Huet giveaway wich he was responsible in some way,

but before that hge was snoozing deep.

3 Huet, as much as you reddem yourself on OT and shootout, nobody forgets that goal.

We would never been in OT the way the team was playing.

And a good note to the Matrix line they are not such a liability in defense and they can score.

Everybody makes mistakes, its how you react to it that matters. Huet made a mistake in the 3rd and he reacted very well. He refused to lose. His team reacted well, they played harder to get it back for him..

Compare this to last year where Abbey would break down completely after one mistake and the lockerroom was so bad they gave up after one bad goal...

This is a good sign, imo.