Yet another Joke from TSN

Seb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always held the opinion that Darren Dregger was a tool, but I didn't think he'd try so hard to be one.

This is a load of bull. Bob recently signed an extension to stay here until 2011 I believe, he just had his jersey retired, praising the city of Montreal the whole time, he likes his situation here with the ownership and organization. Plus, he's just seeing his plan start to pay off.

Bob isn't going anywhere.

I love how TSN just drops lines like that with absolutely zero substance.

No explanation, just said for pure shock value. Why in the hell would Gainey leave an organization

that he has brought back from purgatory to join a franchise that he turned down two times already.

Add to the fact that he was just celebrated in the city a week ago and his rebuilding efforts have placed

the habs in first in their division.

It reminds me of the old Sesame Street song.

One of these things is not like the other

Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Mike Milbury and John Ferguson jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIvgQ9ik48...hp?id=841710584

It said Toronto has targeted him, it says nothing of them asking, Gainey considering or anything like that.

You guys are making the comment more then it actually was. Dreger is just saying a bunch of guys in a room decided "Gainey would be a good GM for our team". Well duh, that doesn't mean he wants to go to Toronto.

It said Toronto has targeted him, it says nothing of them asking, Gainey considering or anything like that.

You guys are making the comment more then it actually was. Dreger is just saying a bunch of guys in a room decided "Gainey would be a good GM for our team". Well duh, that doesn't mean he wants to go to Toronto.

Why bother mentioning it then?

Shock value. Plain and simple

Why bother mentioning it then?

Shock value. Plain and simple

Ken Dryden, Scotty bowman, Pat Burns........... isn't it obvious they want red, white and blue success and chase it rather than discover it. I know a good guy for the job. TSN should plant this seed. " Leafs ownership are aggressively trying to find the whereabouts of Rejean Houle ......they are considering bringing him in to turn this lackluster piece of blue crap sitting in the bottom of this NHL toilet so that we can still call ourselves "Canada's team" regardless of the outcome this year in the the play-offs. Because we're going to make it man!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do admire the fact that the girls are so close no one would waive their no-trade clauses. Bring in REGGIE campaign starts now!!!!!!!!

REGGIE!

REGGIE!

REGGIE!

REGGIE!

REGGIE!

REGGIE!

:lol:

More then likely he's only referring to the fact that he's a person of interest for the search committee...clearly they can't actually talk to Gainey without requesting permission same as Burke.

Take the comment for what it was...not what you believe it to be...

I love how TSN just drops lines like that with absolutely zero substance.

No explanation, just said for pure shock value. Why in the hell would Gainey leave an organization

that he has brought back from purgatory to join a franchise that he turned down two times already.

Add to the fact that he was just celebrated in the city a week ago and his rebuilding efforts have placed

the habs in first in their division.

It reminds me of the old Sesame Street song.

One of these things is not like the other

Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Mike Milbury and John Ferguson jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIvgQ9ik48...hp?id=841710584

I miss Sesame Street. Ahh, the good old days! :clap:

More then likely he's only referring to the fact that he's a person of interest for the search committee...clearly they can't actually talk to Gainey without requesting permission same as Burke.

Take the comment for what it was...not what you believe it to be...

Yeah, but who isn't? If they said Trevor Timmons it might make sense. A promotion might lure him away.

But mentioning a GM of your main historic rival who has brought life back to the Canadiens

was nothing more than to get a rise. And it worked.

It is like reporting the Canadiens have interest in Steven Stamkos. No shit they do, but it's not going to happen.

So why mention it at all?

I miss Sesame Street. Ahh, the good old days! :clap:

If I'm flipping through the channels, and there's an Ernie and Bert sketch on....I stop and watch. They're still as funny as ever.

Yeah, but who isn't? If they said Trevor Timmons it might make sense. A promotion might lure him away.

But mentioning a GM of your main historic rival who has brought life back to the Canadiens

was nothing more than to get a rise. And it worked.

It is like reporting the Canadiens have interest in Steven Stamkos. No shit they do, but it's not going to happen.

So why mention it at all?

Exactly.

Dreger's trying to make himself look informed by getting all those intelligent Leafs fans excited, by adding Gainey to the list of the best GM's in the league who apparently all "want" to have the most "glorious" GM job in the world.

Pff.

Dreger is not the first guy to bring this up.

The Leafs stated that they would evaluate all the league GMs and ATTEMPT to get the ones they felt were best. They never said they would get Gainey, or Burke. Just that they would try to get the best.

The word out of Leaf land is that this committee feel that Burke and Gainey are two of the best in the league.

You people need to learn to take complements and not get your panties in a knot.

In the meantime, Toronto's search committee will continue probing the business and hockey community for details on other potential targets; among the most interesting, Montreal Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey.

If you watched the broadcast he said it with a smirk on his face implying he had some scoop of information.

He was leading the viewer to a different assumption. It is not like he said the Leafs have done a thorough review

of all the league's GMs and they adjudged Burke and Gainey as the best.

He said potential targets, meaning the Leafs intend to pursue Gainey.

He got exactly what he was trying to get across by tossing out that name in the last sentence after a 5 minute explanation about the possibilities

of Brian Burke.

Edited by Wamsley01

Dreger is a legend in his own mind. He adds NOTHING to the human race and should be exiled to cleaning Army Latrines.

At least there he would be making a contribution to society and hopefully never breeds.

His offspring would be similar to this:

sam-737682.jpg

Dreger is a legend in his own mind. He adds NOTHING to the human race and should be exiled to cleaning Army Latrines.

At least there he would be making a contribution to society and hopefully never breeds.

His offspring would be similar to this:

sam-737682.jpg

Wow, I'm going to go and cry now.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/da...eger/?id=230928

The Brian Burke thing is farfetched in my opinion, purely made up glitz from the Toronto media.

But read to the bottom, the very last line. A reference to Gainey which makes me sick to my stomach. Can't help but laugh it off.

I think it's very arrogant from guys in leafs land to think that they have a chance to land these guys.

Why not make an offer to George Gillet to move the Canadiens to Toronto? would be way easier! jackasses!! :P