Carey Price rookie of the year?

HabsWEST

I am sure he will be amongst the finalists:

Kane, Backstrom, Toews, Enstrom, Mueller

Price will have played 40 games, half a season for a 20 year old rookie, and will hit that 20 wine mark for goalies...

At 50 plus games started, he would be a shoe in for the Calder..

I would still vote for him as the Rookie of year:

--- Youngest starting goalie in recent past.

--- At least 40 games played

--- respectable stats

--- pressure situation

--- Montreal is competing for top seed in East, and Price , especially since Huet's trade, has stepped it up and a huge part of why in First ( ex: last game)

Lets get the momentum going:

PRICE AS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

Edited by HabsWEST

If he tears of an 8-1 streak to end the year he will get consideration.

Voters buy into how much he meant to the team.

At that point he would be 25-12, close to a 0.920 SV % with a mid 2 GAA and the difference maker

on a Canadiens team that won the Eastern Conference.

He would make the final 3 that is for sure.

I also believe Price would have to go on an impressive streak(ie: 8-1 or 7-2) to even get some consideration for the Calder. He'd have to increase his save% to over .920 and would have to lower his GAA under 2.50.

Both Backstrom and Kane are on pace to finish the season with 65 - 70 points and Mueller could finish with 25 goals.

I am sure he will be amongst the finalists:

Kane, Backstrom, Toews, Enstrom, Mueller

Price will have played 40 games, half a season for a 20 year old rookie, and will hit that 20 wine mark for goalies...

At 50 plus games started, he would be a shoe in for the Calder..

I would still vote for him as the Rookie of year:

--- Youngest starting goalie in recent past.

--- At least 40 games played

--- respectable stats

--- pressure situation

--- Montreal is competing for top seed in East, and Price , especially since Huet's trade, has stepped it up and a huge part of why in First ( ex: last game)

Lets get the momentum going:

PRICE AS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

they say that it's only for regular season... but check it out, if he carries the habs far into playoffs, he will have better chances.

they say that it's only for regular season... but check it out, if he carries the habs far into playoffs, he will have better chances.

don't they vote at the conclusion of the regular season?

I don't think they really take the position of the team into consideration for the Calder, unlike the Hart. It's more to do with individual performance than how valuable they were to a good team.

I doubt he'll make it to the final three, although he'd have a chance with a very strong final stretch of games. Backstrom, Kane, Toews, and Mueller are all ahead of him at this point.

I don't think they really take the position of the team into consideration for the Calder, unlike the Hart. It's more to do with individual performance than how valuable they were to a good team.

I doubt he'll make it to the final three, although he'd have a chance with a very strong final stretch of games. Backstrom, Kane, Toews, and Mueller are all ahead of him at this point.

If he goes 8-1 down the stretch and the Habs win the East he will make the Final 3.

If he doesn't catch fire down the stretch he has zero chance

I think he has a shot but I think the NHL will give it to Backstrom so it brings more fans to Washington by having two of the best young players in the game.