Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/12/08

KoZed

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet thread man!

KEY game, this could make or break the series.

:ghg:

Thanks...

I also think Game 2 will be HUGE. Bruins going back to Boston with the series tied would be too much of a moral victory for them. Can't let that happen.

I the playoffs, everyone's clamouring to start the next game thread. We should be this punctual in the regular season!

Hehe...

Well, we're hoping to make this layout the official 2008 playoffs layout.

Hehe...

Well, we're hoping to make this layout the official 2008 playoffs layout.

It's alright to admit you're excited KoZed. ;)

Ooh, shiny...

Any chance Dandenault is benched for the next game? Or is he the best choice we have for 3rd/4th line RW?

to be fair I think Dandy as been playing his best hockey against Boston this year. he also bring 3 stanley cup rings. with such an inexperienced bunch, having guys that have won it on the ice( at least on the bench)

If montreal can win this one with autority, Boston would be so demolished going back home that I think they wouldn't be able to come back.

just think about it: montreal easily beat Boston yesterday without using the powerplay or having to rely to its goalie.

Boston confidence has to be so low right now. !!

I don't believe I missed this game. I was travelling from Boston to Athens. It's bad enough I had to be in Beantown a week early, but I also found out that my cousin has box seats for Tuesday's game and he's driving down from Montreal (one of the perks of working for TD Bank).

Anyway, Game 2 is by far the most important game of the series. Win it, and ur two wins away from clinching. Lose, and ur back at square one.

By the way, mark my words, but the time we're done with the playoffs, the city of Montreal will have a major love affair with :wub: Tom Kostopoulos. :wub:

:clap: GO HABS GO :clap:

Edited by Helmethead

By the way, mark my words, but the time we're done with the playoffs, the city of Montreal will have a major love affair with :wub: Tom Kostopoulos. :wub:

:clap: GO HABS GO :clap:

You're absolutely Right about that. He's a greek version of Steve Begin and he insists to answer in french to french media. He could be a canadiens for a long time !!

I agree with all of that except for the word 'major'. :lol:

If he was Italian, that would be a different story.

to be fair I think Dandy as been playing his best hockey against Boston this year. he also bring 3 stanley cup rings. with such an inexperienced bunch, having guys that have won it on the ice( at least on the bench)

If montreal can win this one with autority, Boston would be so demolished going back home that I think they wouldn't be able to come back.

just think about it: montreal easily beat Boston yesterday without using the powerplay or having to rely to its goalie.

Boston confidence has to be so low right now. !!

That said, he has the worst +/- of any of our players in the regular season and the playoffs (sure, one game, but it still counts). I'd prefer to see Stewart in there, honestly.

Same with O'Byrne and Brisebois, if not for next game only. We outhit and outplayed the Bruins last game, and I have a feeling they'll be throwing checks like nobody's business next game, right from the get go. Adding O'Byrne to Hamrlik and Komisarek (and to a lesser extend, Markov or Bouillion) would make me feel a lot better. Although I'm not faulting Brisebois for what was a decent game.

That said, he has the worst +/- of any of our players in the regular season and the playoffs (sure, one game, but it still counts). I'd prefer to see Stewart in there, honestly.

Stewart??!! One decent performance in a nothing game is enough for you?

Although there are other players who I wouldn't mind seeing in the lineup, Dandy I think deserves it. He had a decent season as a bottom-liner, in my opinion.

The only Habs who was not good last night was Smolinski, and his faceoffs and scoring a goal made up for that.

Koz, that sure is some slick work. I could live with that through the playoffs. ;)

If we weren't in the Bruins' heads before this series began, we surely must be now. Marky said it nicely:

If montreal can win this one with authority, Boston would be so demolished going back home that I think they wouldn't be able to come back.

Habs better smell the blood in the water - killing off wounded teams will help further build their confidence and assert in the players' minds that they can mix it with the best in the league. That's what great teams do - dominate the weaker ones.

Nice thread. Maybe if Spidey stops by he can add some more of his content to the game thread. maybe some pics and those Hot cold players things.

Lets Go Habs!

I just have to share a great Ovechkin quote from this TSN this morning: "During season game, you just sometimes sleeping you know, and you make some hit or somebody makes it on you, you just wake up and start realize: Oh! Hockey game!"

I love that guy...

Edited by les_glorieux

Same with O'Byrne and Brisebois, if not for next game only. We outhit and outplayed the Bruins last game, and I have a feeling they'll be throwing checks like nobody's business next game, right from the get go. Adding O'Byrne to Hamrlik and Komisarek (and to a lesser extend, Markov or Bouillion) would make me feel a lot better. Although I'm not faulting Brisebois for what was a decent game.

Dandenault is a multiple Cup winner, Stewart played one strong game against one of the worst teams in the league.

The decision is a simple one.

Great looking thread Koz! :clap:

Go HABS Go!!!

Btw. Any news when the Cube and Saku will play in that series?

Boulion said he needs a couple more days yesterday. There's no real need to rush him, I think he will be in for game 3-4

As for Koivu, it depends on the series count, he hasn't practised so I doubt hes in Sat or Sun. If we stay up in the series, then I don't see him returning in round 1.

I would love to see Stewart get a shot in the playoffs. He strikes me as someone with lots of grit and heart, plus maybe a little offense considering what we saw in that Leafs game. But on the other hand, using Dandy and Brisebois makes sense against the Bruins since they are probably faster and shiftier than Stewart and O'Byrne respectively. Speed is the key to this series. If we just try to be tough, we'll be falling into the Bruins' hands.