Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/12/08

KoZed

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that Boston can play any better than that... and they still lost.

Phil Kessel might have a point to prove tomorrow night as well... assuming he gets back in the line-up.

I can't say I am really concerned about Phil Kessel settling a score.

1. Bruins stuck to their plan and clogged the neutral zone, giving Habs no chance to really pick up speed and attack with authority.
  2. Habs just looked like they were bracing themselves and letting the B's check them.
  3. Reffing was HORRIBLE for the entire game. So many non-calls for most of the game and giving B's PP's; then pulling a 180° and giving Habs PP's. At least you can say they were consistent at sucking.
  4. Hamrlik is playing his best hockey of the season. Still a defensive stud, but chipping much more offensively.
  5. Higgins' line looked solid, but there's finish lacking on that line.
  6. Habs PP has been silenced for 2 games now. They'll have to think of ways to beat the B's PK.
  7. Price was extremely solid and couldnt do much on the 2 goals scored on him. You can see he's slowly getting into the flow of the playoffs and settling down in his bubble.
  8. Breakaways: practice them.

1. Hamrlik is playing his best hockey of the season. Still a defensive stud, but chipping much more offensively.

He's been our best player in the first two games in my opinion. To be honest I didn't notice him lay too many big hits throughout the regular season, but I think he has stepped it up a notch and is really playing some great hockey.

Kovalev played much better than on Thursday, unfortunately he made that stupid mistake. But the goal atones for it. Smolinski was also much better all around, but he couldn't win the big face off.

Markov and Streit both had weak games, and that was a part of the reason why our powerplay stunk. Also, Kovalev would just stand with the puck over in that same spot, and it was never working. He should have been moving around, that's when he's the most dangerous, like on the lil #### goal. And of course he scored from the other side in OT.

Brisebois was not as good as last game, I think it's time to see O'Byrne. Or at least move Streit up to forward or something to fit him in.

On that breakaway do you guys feel that big #### must have been nervous or something? Maybe the puck bounced on him; either way it was a pretty weak effort. Then Kovy misses his and takes that penalty.

The refs ignored several Bruins penalties, I guess that sort of makes up for game one where we benefitted from a few iffy calls. Hopefully our powerplay can get into gear for next game, and close these Bruins out. I think they'll be broken by this loss, and we might lay a thrashing on them tomorrow.

And finally, did anyone see Cherry after the game bitching about the final tripping penalty against the B's? Plus he was saying that there should have been a high-stick call on Markov, even though it was clearly a follow through as Ron pointed out. What a joke that man is.

Kovalev played much better than on Thursday, unfortunately he made that stupid mistake. But the goal atones for it. Smolinski was also much better all around, but he couldn't win the big face off.

Markov and Streit both had weak games, and that was a part of the reason why our powerplay stunk. Also, Kovalev would just stand with the puck over in that same spot, and it was never working. He should have been moving around, that's when he's the most dangerous, like on the lil #### goal. And of course he scored from the other side in OT.

Brisebois was not as good as last game, I think it's time to see O'Byrne. Or at least move Streit up to forward or something to fit him in.

On that breakaway do you guys feel that big #### must have been nervous or something? Maybe the puck bounced on him; either way it was a pretty weak effort. Then Kovy misses his and takes that penalty.

The refs ignored several Bruins penalties, I guess that sort of makes up for game one where we benefitted from a few iffy calls. Hopefully our powerplay can get into gear for next game, and close these Bruins out. I think they'll be broken by this loss, and we might lay a thrashing on them tomorrow.

And finally, did anyone see Cherry after the game bitching about the final tripping penalty against the B's? Plus he was saying that there should have been a high-stick call on Markov, even though it was clearly a follow through as Ron pointed out. What a joke that man is.

I didn't think that Big TlTs attempt was weak, he made a quick move, opened the 5 hole and slid it through,

unfortunately Mr. Unorthodox Thomas fell on his ass and the puck hit him in the ass. He almost sat on it as it slid through.

They are getting to fancy on the PP, looking for the tic tac toe tap in. Go back to basics, they had 2-3 PPs with no shots and

a couple with 1 or 2. The refs were bad, but I'll take it. And Cherry, well he is a senile old clown.

1. Bruins stuck to their plan and clogged the neutral zone, giving Habs no chance to really pick up speed and attack with authority.
  2. Habs just looked like they were bracing themselves and letting the B's check them.
  3. Reffing was HORRIBLE for the entire game. So many non-calls for most of the game and giving B's PP's; then pulling a 180° and giving Habs PP's. At least you can say they were consistent at sucking.
  4. Hamrlik is playing his best hockey of the season. Still a defensive stud, but chipping much more offensively.
  5. Higgins' line looked solid, but there's finish lacking on that line.
  6. Habs PP has been silenced for 2 games now. They'll have to think of ways to beat the B's PK.
  7. Price was extremely solid and couldnt do much on the 2 goals scored on him. You can see he's slowly getting into the flow of the playoffs and settling down in his bubble.
  8. Breakaways: practice them.

Good breakdown

Komi didn't look comfortable at all since he came back. Dont know if the injury still bothers him somehow, or if it's just his synchronism that's off, but I sure hope he turns back to form tomorrow.

Komi didn't look comfortable at all since he came back. Dont know if the injury still bothers him somehow, or if it's just his synchronism that's off, but I sure hope he turns back to form tomorrow.

Yeah

He hasn't laid one big check all playoffs :(

Hammer on the other hand... :clap:

Awesome couple of games by Hammy. Solid defensively and being a huge physical presence. I agree that he has probably been the Habs best player thru the first two games.

Other then Price :hlogo:

I didn't think that Big TlTs attempt was weak, he made a quick move, opened the 5 hole and slid it through,

unfortunately Mr. Unorthodox Thomas fell on his ass and the puck hit him in the ass. He almost sat on it as it slid through.

I watched the replay again, and it was weak. His move wasn't quick, he slid the puck to his backhand really slowly, and then just shoveled it toward Thomas. It looked like he bobbled it a bit.

I watched the replay again, and it was weak. His move wasn't quick, he slid the puck to his backhand really slowly, and then just shoveled it toward Thomas. It looked like he bobbled it a bit.

To each his own. I thought it was going in and it hit Thomas in the ass as he awkwardly sat down.

It doesn't look special but it always surprises the goalie. Thomas was completely fooled, he was just lucky that he fell the way he did.

Anyways, I'm now expecting a sweep. That was probably the best chance Boston was ever going to have to get a win (them at their best, us playing so-so, Thomas playing well, they shut down our PP, they had a 5-on-3) and they came away empty.

Price made some incredible saves in the first two periods. He really kept us in the game.

I am curious what happens when Saku and Franky come back. Who sits? I assume that Streit moves back to forward and Koivu abviously centres the second line.

Both Ryder and Jr. Kostitsyn have been fantastic so they will play. Dandenault might sit but who else?

It doesn't look special but it always surprises the goalie. Thomas was completely fooled, he was just lucky that he fell the way he did.

The idea is a good one but it wasn't executed well. Look how slowly he moved the puck to his backhand, it barely looked intentional, more like he bobbled it and took the best opportunity at the 5-hole.

during the intermission my dad and I argued back and forth on the phone about Kostitsyn's breakaway. Basically sounded like what I'm reading here.

I don't think AK whiffed on the shot and I think it was a decent idea, just not perfectly executed. I think he went for a relatively high difficulty, mid-probability move, instead of trying something a bit more standard.

My dad thinks he choked.

here a picture on how thomas managed to actually stop that puck

0412inoutt13.preview.JPG