Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/12/08

KoZed

No suprise.

I bet Ob is scratched again.

Why change the line up.

The only thing that crossed my mind is that Breezer is unlikely to play back-to-back games. And where would his experience come in more handy, in the comforts of the Bell Centre? Or on the road?

If Patrice doesn't play both games, then I think we'll see him sit Game 2.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about as much knowledge of the respect level in the dressing room as you. In calling to sub in Stewart for Dandenault, I'm speaking as a fan, and many fans have expressed a desire to see Stewart again, but I haven't seen any posts (bar one) saying, "wow, Dandenault is essential to this team. He is irreplaceable, yada yada". I'm sure a poll of random fans would see them side with giving Stewart a shot in game two, over someone like Dandenault.

Agreed, the key here is to be prepared for what is the only extra thing the Bruins can bring to Game 2 - more hitting. Do we really think Julien is not going to ask Lucic, Reich, Thornton to step it up? They are going to try to take the fans, building and emotion out early, and our best answer is to up them one, so I go for both Stewart and O'Byrne to replace Ryder and Brisebois.

First... GO HABS GO!

Second, I would love to see Stewart get a shot in game 2 or 3. I like the energy Begin and Kosty bring. Their toughness is a key part to the Habs success. I agree that it might be useful to see Dandy sit and give Stewy a shot. I know it was only one game against one of the worst teams in the league, but the kid looked good.

The real reason I wrote... when Koivu comes back where does he play? Was it just me or was the Higgins - S.Kost - Ryder line SPECTACULAR in game 1? They were flying, lots of scoring opps. I don't see why you would break them up.

Lines I'd like to see...

The Kovy Line

Higgins - S.Kost - Ryder

Lats - Smoke - Stewart

Begin - Lapierre - Kosty

(This is my first post on HabsWorld, love the site, take it easy on me...)

Cool thread ~ KoZed that red hue in the Bell pic, amazing ~ was it lighting or did you enhance it or were there that many fans wearing Habs sweaters?

His french?? Well it's pretty rough. But I respect him for trying.

Kopstop sounded like he was having fun with the French and when he didn't know a word he just used English ~ don't want to get political but if Saku had done this years ago there never would have been a fuss, there's what like six expressions and maybe three dozen words to cover anything a player can say in a one-minute post-game interview ^_^

First... GO HABS GO!

Second, I would love to see Stewart get a shot in game 2 or 3. I like the energy Begin and Kosty bring. Their toughness is a key part to the Habs success. I agree that it might be useful to see Dandy sit and give Stewy a shot. I know it was only one game against one of the worst teams in the league, but the kid looked good.

The real reason I wrote... when Koivu comes back where does he play? Was it just me or was the Higgins - S.Kost - Ryder line SPECTACULAR in game 1? They were flying, lots of scoring opps. I don't see why you would break them up.

Lines I'd like to see...

The Kovy Line

Higgins - S.Kost - Ryder

Lats - Smoke - Stewart

Begin - Lapierre - Kosty

(This is my first post on HabsWorld, love the site, take it easy on me...)

Hey, welcome to HW! Great username ;)

I don't see how Stewart could play, unless there are multiple players injured (and the way the 4th line is playing, it might happen hehe).

As for Koivu he's our best faceoff center, and he'll definitely center the 2nd line, and Smoke centering the 3rd. I presume we'll see Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

But they won't rush Saku's return. Get him 100% ready for the 2nd round, or if we fall behind againts the Bruins (?!).

Posted by Spidey on another forum.

Posted%20by%20Spidey%20on%20another%20forum.

[url="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=" target="_blank">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Hmmm, Thanks Spidey :unsure: :?- lol

I was there.

See the guy with the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Banner?

I was there too, but not in front of the camera cuz my girlfriend is WAY to shy for this...

See the crashed yellow Chevette with a Bruins sign and a RIP cross on it on a towing ?

I can't beleive there are people on these boards who would want to see Stewart in the line-up instead of Dandy. It just blows my mind. Stewart has 1 game experience in the NHL. Think about that! ONE GAME. Dandy has 3 stanley cups rings. On a team that doesn't have much playoff experience, Dandy's experience is very valuable. Plus Dandy played a decent game in game one. He's just as fast as Stewart. We have enough rookies on this team, we don't need another one!

AS far as the O'byrne vs. Brisebois issue, Brisebois will most likely play the game tonight, but I'd be willing to bet 100$ that O'Byrne will get the start Sunday in Beentown. Carbo won't let Breezer play 2 games in 2 nights!

Cool thread ~ KoZed that red hue in the Bell pic, amazing ~ was it lighting or did you enhance it or were there that many fans wearing Habs sweaters?

I went to the last game of the year against the Leaves, And i can honestly say that about 50 TO 60% of the fans in attendance had habs jerseys on. And that doesn't count the number of people who had habs T-Shirts on.

kosto speaks french? never knew that! how is he?

His French is a bit rusty, but as a Franco Québecois, I can only respect the guy for giving an honest effort. That is all we can ask of the guy!

I heard a story on the radio last week (which was later confirmed by Kostopoulos). Tommy K. Lives on Nun's Island (not far away from Downtown). Apparently he was home last week and some kids came knocking on his front door. They asked him if he wanted to come and play street hockey with them. So he went. What a nice gesture by Tommy K! These are the kinds of stories that will insure that the public will like you!

Great story! :clap:

Edited by Habsfan

That's the original Bell pic, so the red hue is probably lighting. And YES, there's that many fans wearingf Habs sweater.

We dont need to switch the lineup. We are as tough as we need to be, and I like the physical side I saw in game 1.

I could stand to see a little less of the Kovy line running Chara. I mean be strong on the puck and dont back down, take the body.....but one of these you'll get hurt taking runs at Chara.

Definitely no need to make any changes to the lineup for tonite. If we can win today and tomorrow, there will be no need to rush Koivu and Bouillon back into the lineup.

Go Habs Go.

Got both Kostitsyns and Markov in my hockey draft. Hope they score some tonite.

I thought Breezy played a great game, and having a him and Dandy on the bench is a great intangible. I can see Breezy playing only one game this weekend, and once Koivu is back the ratio of Vets to rookies will be a bit less of an issue.

The only real concern I have with the habs is they have a tendency to sit back when it gets too easy. There isn't a team in the league you can do that against and reliably win, so I hope they come out hard, fast, and shooting tonight. :)