Habs UFA Thread

Burke should have went after Beauchemin because he is what Burke wanted. I'm pretty sure Burke didnt want the largest whimp in the NHL who punches like a girl, gets tonnes of penalties, who can really only blocks shots.

For the record, he is going after Beauchemin and I fully expect Burke to have him signed in the near future. He loved him in Anaheim and assuredly would love him in TO.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every column I read today, every analyst I heard REALLY interpreted Komi has WANTING to leave Montreal. NOT blaming Bob for not doing enough. Again, 2 minutes ago, I read that Bob LEARNED that Komi had accepted the Leafs offer on the NEWS WIRE... how is that "good faith" negotiation from Komi? How can you "know for sure" that Komi wanted to come back here if he didn't try to have Bob TOP THAT OFFER?

So I find it weird that only that TSN blurb has it the other way around and that you choose to believe TSN.

If you want to be pissed at Bob because Komi choose to quit on us, that's your own business, but don't BASH other members for not believing your nonsense.

The guy had no willingness to really NEGOTIATE with the habs.

Do you have a problem with your reading skills? There wasn't only that blurb, but Tony Marinaro also said the same thing and he's one of the most trustworthy guys in Montreal sports radio.

Gainey is trying to cover his ass cause of his stupid habit of not negotiating during the regular season!

Do you have a problem with your reading skills? There wasn't only that blurb, but Tony Marinaro also said the same thing and he's one of the most trustworthy guys in Montreal sports radio.

Gainey is trying to cover his ass cause of his stupid habit of not negotiating during the regular season!

It really all comes down to who you believe more - Komisarek and Marinaro say one way, other analysts say otherwise, as does Gainey. One group's wrong, one group right, and no one other than Gainey and Komisarek know for sure. Why would these other analysts (and I've heard quite a few myself) say something they 100% know to be wrong? There's no winning this argument...

It really all comes down to who you believe more - Komisarek and Marinaro say one way, other analysts say otherwise, as does Gainey. One group's wrong, one group right, and no one other than Gainey and Komisarek know for sure. Why would these other analysts (and I've heard quite a few myself) say something they 100% know to be wrong? There's no winning this argument...

+ add to that the audio only interview posted yesterday in which Komi said he wanted a new start.

Komi is gone, the 'he-said/she-said' is semantics.

Spacek is more of what the team wanted: better skater, better passer, better shot, better on-ice awareness and 'hockey sense'. If they wanted a rock in front of the net, they had their shot at Komi, he might very well have stayed on an overpay.

The other way to look at it, the brass clearly believes in the young d-corps presently maturing. Most of those kids seem to be from the same mould: skaters, passers, joining the rush, pp guys. Komi does not fit that style at all. Why sign that kind of guy for 7 or 8 years when clearly in 2-3 years the team will be going in a totally different direction? I honestly believe they are going to go very hard after Emelin for that ass-kicker role, but an ass-kicker who can skate and pass.

And don't forget, he didn't have to sign with the Leafs: he chose them!

Komi is gone. Big deal. He is gone cause he did not want to be a habs anymore. But karma has way of evening things out. The Canadiens treated him with nothing but respect and were there for him when he had troubles. Hell they had him on the bench with the coaches when he was injured, never seen that before. He turns around and says hey give me $500,000.00 more than the leafs or I ain't coming back. Good riddance you are truly deserving of wearing the leafs jersey You can help them not win a cup for another 40 years. LOSER

Komi is gone. Big deal. He is gone cause he did not want to be a habs anymore. But karma has way of evening things out. The Canadiens treated him with nothing but respect and were there for him when he had troubles. Hell they had him on the bench with the coaches when he was injured, never seen that before. He turns around and says hey give me $500,000.00 more than the leafs or I ain't coming back. Good riddance you are truly deserving of wearing the leafs jersey You can help them not win a cup for another 40 years. LOSER

If at least he had done that. Gainey was waiting for that call.

Atm I think Gill is an improvement over the Komi of 2008-09 but if he gets back to the Komi of the year before the leafs will be happy.

People can whine all they want about Hal Gill but the way he cleared players away from Fleury was impressive and good. Even Holmström had problems with Gill.

Atm I think Gill is an improvement over the Komi of 2008-09 but if he gets back to the Komi of the year before the leafs will be happy.

People can whine all they want about Hal Gill but the way he cleared players away from Fleury was impressive and good. Even Holmström had problems with Gill.

I'd say it's 90% sure he will get back to the player he was before. Just because he's not injured anymore...

I guessed Gomez's number correctly! He'll switch the 19 he wore in New York to 91, while Cammalleri will keep his 13. The others have yet to choose.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=436384

I'm sure Spacek will take #6 and Gill will take #25 (should Dandy not return). I have no idea what Gionta will take. When I updated my NHL 09 I gave him #21 (guessing correctly for Cammelleri and Gomez)

don't know much about him, but seems like a solid bottom pairing guy. Looks like Weber/Subban will for sure get some more time in the AHL and any thoughts about resigning schneider are probably gone.

don't know much about him, but seems like a solid bottom pairing guy. Looks like Weber/Subban will for sure get some more time in the AHL and any thoughts about resigning schneider are probably gone.

He's been the fan's whipping boy in both Boston and New York... he's often been labelled as trying to do too much. It's one year, so it can't hurt us, really. O'Byrne is now definitely the 7th man.

A former 7 OA pick that wasn't resigned by the team that drafted him??? TRAVESTY! :P

While I'd prefer to have the HWL Mara, I suspect this one will do well enough under Martin - could the latter finally make Mara into the defender he was drafted to be?

:o

I haven't heard the terms yet (I've sent some e-mails out, but I'm not sure they'll know anything yet), but on the surface, this seems to be a very good signing.

At 6'4, 212 lbs, he'll bring some size and grit to the team, and though his 40 point days are behind him, he still should be good for 25-30 and is a decent puck mover. The only downside - another LH shot, but this is still a solid pickup.

I haven't heard the terms yet (I've sent some e-mails out, but I'm not sure they'll know anything yet), but on the surface, this seems to be a very good signing.

At 6'4, 212 lbs, he'll bring some size and grit to the team, and though his 40 point days are behind him, he still should be good for 25-30 and is a decent puck mover. The only downside - another LH shot, but this is still a solid pickup.

WE won't have a single RH shot on the point in our starting lineup. It's been done before, it's just not what you try and do. That being said... our D coming up are all RH (O'Byrne, Weber, Subban, Carle).

Almost wonder if there's a trade coming. Probably not, but...

I know some people want to see Subban and Web with the Habs this season, but let's not forget Pricey is still young, and I think Gainey wants to surround him with solid veteran blue-liners

Edited by rafikz

Yea, i think it's a solid move, good on the PK, plays physical, pretty decent moving the puck.

The habs actually look like thye have an NHl D core now. Let's see what martin can get out of them.

A great point rafikz. This D should help out Price significantly more thenb last years group.