Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

talk if you wish... by the way... it's not that i have a giant brain... it's just that i'm quite fat-headed.

Shortcat, and you've got the mouth to fit that giant brain of yours....blah,blah,blah,blah.

So here's my contribution to this discussion,

Let's say we let go of our no trade clause on Shortcat 1 and let him sign with another Habs forum...

just kidding.

Souray will not be going anywhere anytime...hopefully. Too valuable a player to let him go unless he decides he wants to leave.

:hlogo:

The guys is Bob Gainey... not Rejean Houle

He will NEVER trade an asset just before a playoffs run, unless it means a BETTER player is coming our way.

Souray to Anaheim? Only if it means that we are packaging Souray with some other things for Niedermayer (not for Pronger, his wife is a bitch).

Shortcat, and you've got the mouth to fit that giant brain of yours....blah,blah,blah,blah.

So here's my contribution to this discussion,

Let's say we let go of our no trade clause on Shortcat 1 and let him sign with another Habs forum...

just kidding.

Souray will not be going anywhere anytime...hopefully. Too valuable a player to let him go unless he decides he wants to leave.

:hlogo:

there's a thing called a will, you know... don't forget that!!!

GO :hlogo: GO!

there's a thing called a will, you know... don't forget that!!!

good thing he waited after christmas to say that. great timing matsnaslundfan !!

A dude in RDS mentioned a rumor with Edmonton and LA interested in Sheldon Souray and that the Habs wouldnt let him go unless a "good prospect" (I think the blogger understated that) comes back he mentioned the likes of Kopitar and Frolov

If it were the other way round I wouldnt give up Kopitar or Frolov for Souray!

but.... with Souray in mind and his daughter... I think there could be some added interest if the Habs also traded a Prospect Goalie...

options:

Souray and Samsonov for Frolov + salary dump

Souray and Plekanek/Lapierre/Bonk for Kopitar + salary dump

or

Souray and Price for Either frolov or Kopitar and their worst goalie

and the mother of all trades:

Souray + Price + Plekanek/Bonk +Samsonov for Frolov + Kopitar + Salary dump

Edited by CoRvInA

I am pretty sure LA is offering Conroy for Souray... and Bobby aint agreeing with that.. on the other hand LA could also add another Unknown player no-one has heard about and WE TURN HIM INTO A STAR alla HUET...... NAhhhh that happens once every 50 years!

Edited by CoRvInA

LOL

Yes, but can we be the exeption that mskes that rule???

hahaha who knows..... but I fear that the same scenario that the AVs have found (repeating) the magic addition with Theo last year might be in store for us!

Most Miracles occur when least expected.... If we add anticipation usualy good old Murphy kicks us in the butt

anaheim has the cap room for souray but I don't see any player that I would like and that they would want to give up. I don't think they'd give up a getzlaf or a perry.

with Burke there!!! no way he has got to be one of the toughest to bargain with or (barter) with!

Burke has made his team with like 7 Million to spare!! Geezzz what a GM!!!

We would be lucky if he decides to drop Marchant on us for Souray! (Not that I find thats a geat deal)

knowing Burke we would be luckey if we get Travis Green for Souray!

Damn Imagine Pronger and Souray during PPlays OUCH!!! The rest of the western teams would not forgive us for that! Unlesss... hmmm that becomes a leverage for Gainey ...

Gainey calling the other gm's "Ok guys Im sending Souray to anaheim if no one gives me what I want!!!"

with Burke there!!! no way he has got to be one of the toughest to bargain with or (barter) with!

Burke has made his team with like 7 Million to spare!! Geezzz what a GM!!!

We would be lucky if he decides to drop Marchant on us for Souray! (Not that I find thats a geat deal)

knowing Burke we would be luckey if we get Travis Green for Souray!

Damn Imagine Pronger and Souray during PPlays OUCH!!! The rest of the western teams would not forgive us for that! Unlesss... hmmm that becomes a leverage for Gainey ...

Gainey calling the other gm's "Ok guys Im sending Souray to anaheim if no one gives me what I want!!!"

that's funny... it would be nice to be a fly on the wall of the other gm's offices in such a call...

The latest rumor i read was the habs trying to acquire Camelarri from LA for Ryder and Danis.

where did you get that ?? interesting !!

I saw, Ryder and a pick for Cammalleri.

I also saw, this one made me laugh, Ryder, Danis, Niinimaa, 1 rd pick another player to be announced for Doan and Reinprecht.

I think one of these are mentioned on Spectors...and the other apparently came from a radio station....

Rumours are funny...as much as you know they are made up they still get you thinking.

I think i heard it from hockey night in canada, or it was a radio report i read on ice chips or something like that. Like all rumors you never know. Obviously Gainey knows he needs a 2nd line center and may try to move a UFA or 2 but who and when.

I think I like the Camelarri trade better than Doan and Reinprecht. He's only 24!

Does anyone think we have a chance of getting Jason Allison? He's not playing for any team now and wouldn't cost us any players. His salary, though...

And will become more frequent. There's 7 weeks to go. Talk and conjecture (and this thread) will be more active BIGTIME...soon.

i've read about so many rumours recently that my head is spinning... there's almost a sense of 'i've gotta get outta this place... if it's the last thing i ever do', the burdon is so great.

Allison is an E2 to go to the Habs, not sure what that means exactly but i would rather stay with Grabovski.

Whatever they do they need to trade several players just to make room on the roster for a new player.

Time will tell i guess if there is a trade or 2.

Allison is an E2 to go to the Habs, not sure what that means exactly but i would rather stay with Grabovski.

Whatever they do they need to trade several players just to make room on the roster for a new player.

Time will tell i guess if there is a trade or 2.

Well Grabovski is back in the AHL ... but I agree Allison isn't the answer because we have too many players right now. Bob could always create some space by trading someone for a pick but I don't see it hapening.

I think Bob is better off looking at guys like Jokinen or the Callamari rumor from the other day.

We need a 2 or 3 for 1 really good player.

Edited by Theberge43

sorry... wtf is e2?

thats that stupid eklund guy. he writes stupid rumours that are never true and he rates it probability.

e1-e2-e3...

why would a guy that could not follow the speed of the game last year be better this year waiting at home ??