Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Maybe 10 years is a little too long for my liking, but I'd definitely offer him a 7-8 year deal in the 30 to 33 million$ range(average of approx. 4.5 million$ per year) I seriously think Komi would take that offer.

I just hope Bob will change his mind and finish the negotiations with Komi during the season. He can NOT afford to wait til next summer, cause if he does the Komisarek clan will want to test the free agent waters and you can bet your ass that some idiot GM will offer him 6 million $ per year!

7 or 8 years for Kovalev is ridiculous, max 3-4 years. He is not getting younger and greater risk of injuries as you get older.

7 or 8 years for Kovalev is ridiculous, max 3-4 years. He is not getting younger and greater risk of injuries as you get older.

first time it was kinda funny, now it is silly.

Read the damn post! He is talking about signing Komisarek, not Kovalev. I know we have a lot of players that start "Ko", but c'mon!

BG has not lost anyone who is valuable to the team success. This will continue. Hpefully everyone is noticing the change, no one person is bigger then the team. If you don't perform your job is on the line.

BG will make the right moves on who to keep. Komi, Higgins are hi up on his list i'm sure. The Kosty's as well.

Jezus christ of Latterday Saints man!!! Read the entire post before commenting! Please!

Maybe 10 years is a little too long for my liking, but I'd definitely offer him a 7-8 year deal in the 30 to 33 million$ range(average of approx. 4.5 million$ per year) I seriously think Komi would take that offer.

I just hope Bob will change his mind and finish the negotiations with Komi during the season. He can NOT afford to wait til next summer, cause if he does the Komisarek clan will want to test the free agent waters and you can bet your ass that some idiot GM will offer him 6 million $ per year!

Why would that qualify him as an idiot GM? That is Komisarek's real value.

So now Samsonov is to blame for Kovalev's shitty year? sigh

sure he went from good playoffs to shitty year to explosive season... comon'

eh, why not.... sounds good, though highly, highly dubious (especially since he didn't start scoring at will when Sammy was benched).

i think it was about momentum, mood, vibe, etc. it is hard to recover from a bad 30 games when fans, media are on your back.

Well hopefully our Mr. Kovalev will enjoy starting with two linemates with which he is farmiliar. We know that last season he started with Plex, but Andrei was only muted with them a month in (or so). And the season before he had Sammy. And the season before he had Ribs.

So therefore, my 1st grader analysis tells me Kovy should be rockin from start to finish this year. And Andrei will outplay the value of the contract he just signed, starting this season. Look for at least 30 goals, and if he (and by he, I mean him and Kovalev) has a fantastic season, we could see 40!

Why would that qualify him as an idiot GM? That is Komisarek's real value.

As much as I like Komisarek, he is NOT worth 6 million$ He is good defensively and is good at blocking shots, but he doesn'T bring much on the offensive side!

APPROACH WITH CAUTION. Very loose rumour. Sundin in Vancouver. A 2nd, new "he's in Vancouver" rumour. This thread is in the HF Canucks section and it features posters claming they have heard Gillis on the Team 1200 today.

From a poster:

This rumour has been around since yesterday afternoon. Was identified as false but now a new one started by a highly respected poster has stated that Sundin will sign with the Canucks. The GM cancelled an interview today and instead asked to have one tomorrow at a later time with a "big announcement".

...could be nothing but we'll see if confirmation comes from it. Interesting how the Habs brass reiterated their positive statements about Sundin yet again today. If this rumour is true I hope that McGuire or Dreger or whoever, gets the goods on it. Gillis might only annouce Demitra tomorrow. Canucks fans are fired up right now.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

APPROACH WITH CAUTION. Very loose rumour. Sundin in Vancouver. A 2nd, new "he's in Vancouver" rumour. This thread is in the HF Canucks section and it features posters claming they have heard Gillis on the Team 1200 today.

From a poster:

...could be nothing but we'll see if confirmation comes from it. Interesting how the Habs brass reiterated their positive statements about Sundin yet again today. If this rumour is true I hope that McGuire or Dreger or whoever, gets the goods on it. Gillis might only annouce Demitra tomorrow. Canucks fans are fired up right now.

I would bet a years salary that Mats is not in North America let alone in Vancouver.

As much as I like Komisarek, he is NOT worth 6 million$ He is good defensively and is good at blocking shots, but he doesn'T bring much on the offensive side!

Whether he's worth it or not, that's his market value and that's what teams will have to pay if they want to pry him from us (I don't find it hard to believe we're his number one choice). Would a team like the Leafs really be shooting themselves in the foot if they signed Komisarek to a 7 year, 42 million dollar deal? It might be a bit much for a one-dimensional player, but he is a top pairing defenceman, would be the cornerstone of a struggling franchise like Toronto and is arguably the best in the league at what he does best. Redden got 6.5 and he's in the same league as Komisarek.

Whether he's worth it or not, that's his market value and that's what teams will have to pay if they want to pry him from us

Says who? You? I disagree, i don't think his market value is that high. Maybe 5 million per year, but not 6.

Someone will give Komi a huge offer, whether one considers it overpaying or not. 6m/year with an ever-increasing cap, you could do a lot, lot worse for your #1 d-man just entering his prime, many great years ahead.

With any luck, Bob will have signed him long-term, doing whatever it is he does to lock up these guys at seemingly 'less that market value'.

Btw, the team looks pretty damn good now, without Sundin. Added offense and toughness, deep on the blue line...if Sundin actually comes to us, I'll be very excited about the season.

you could do a lot, lot worse for your #1 d-man just entering his prime, many great years ahead.

That'S the thing, i don't think we can consider Komi to be a number 1 defenseman. He lacks the offensive skill set to be a true number 1. That's why he's a number 2 in Montreal.

That'S the thing, i don't think we can consider Komi to be a number 1 defenseman. He lacks the offensive skill set to be a true number 1. That's why he's a number 2 in Montreal.

Well, you can tell that to teams like Toronto then that are banking on Schenn being thier number one of the future.

Don't worry too much about this rumour boys. It's the Journal de Montréal. It's a freakin' tabloid paper...although their sports seciton is very good. I wouldn't put too much importance on this rumour!

Well, RDS.ca just confirmed that Pavol Demitra has signed a 2 year deal with the Canucks worth 8 million$ (4 million$ per year). Withtheir latest signing, the Canucks now have a payroll of 48.7 million$

They can no longer afford the 20 million$ over 2 years they had promised to Sundin!

By the way - just in case you guys missed this:

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/cherc...10-1033993.html

Bob Gainey has strongly denied a rumor that was circulating since Tuesday evening, that Mats Sundin was in Montreal. According to Le Journal de Montreal, Bob Gainey has just addressed the media people crazy, following the issue concerning the presence of Sundin in Montreal. The Journal also reported about the officer's Mats Sundin, JP Berry, who confirms that Mats Sundin is at his home in Stockholm, and there is nothing new. The same rumor had circulated in Vancouver, where the Director-General Mike Gillis also denied.

The Journal also reported about the officer's Mats Sundin, JP Berry

This part of Athlétique Canadien's translation should read: "The journal also reported that Mats Sundin's Agent, JP Barry...."

Edited by Habsfan

Well, RDS.ca just confirmed that Pavol Demitra has signed a 2 year deal with the Canucks worth 8 million$ (4 million$ per year). Withtheir latest signing, the Canucks now have a payroll of 48.7 million$

They can no longer afford the 20 million$ over 2 years they had promised to Sundin!

I'm not sure where they're at, but if Sundin accepted their offer, they can be over the cap by 10%. Then they'd get to work clearing space before the season starts. Montreal may have to do the same thing if Sundin decides to sign here - depending on how much the deal is for.