Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I agree with everything but this.

And thats why I feel the way I do.

On a really good defensive team a guy like Frank is a #7.

It's true. The Cube is a #6 at best, and is making waaaay too much for that.

Reports that Dandenault is on waivers...

About time!

I want confirmation from somewhere that he is on Waivers.

Please he would be a great Bulldog.

I want confirmation too. No reason to actually put him on waivers unless we need cap space. As it is, even with signings today, we still have a bucket of space left. Unless this is a numbers game and we have too many NHLers... Can't see them doing that either, though. Still plenty of time until the season.

Edited by Colin

I want confirmation too. No reason to actually put him on waivers unless we need cap space. As it is, even with signings today, we still have a bucket of space left. Unless this is a numbers game and we have too many NHLers... Can't see them doing that either, though. Still plenty of time until the season.

Well it looks like it is BS, becuase I can not find this info anywhere.

Like i have stated many times before, the Cube is likeable and brings lotsa heart, but on a good team he is at best a 6th d-man and if the Habs are a top contender then there is no room for him.

Like to see the Cube sent packing and make better use of his $. As for him being better than most d-men out there, that comment is just laughable. Maybe Toronto could use him and sign him for $3 million a year. LOL.

Looks Like Jagr is going to Russia!

Also, apparently Dan Boyle is headed to San Jose!!

Edited by Habsfan

There has been no confirmation that Dandy is on waivers!

Nope, looks like that was one of those unsubstantiated things. Shame.

Gainey has already stated that he believes all of our players to have value and that he does not intend to waive or buy anyone out. When he was asked this, the question was asked specifically for Dandenault though no names were mentioned out loud, it was pretty much understood. We have the cap space available to wait, and if we don't re-sign Brisebois, he has the ability to fall back into the #7 defence position. Gainey is going to wait on this and he should be able to find a suitor for Dandy even if it means getting nothing more valuable than a prospect of Greg Pateryn's quality.

Sundin is signing with the Habs or he will retire

No source.

Well I will reference you from now on then! ^_^

Sounds like (according to EK so don't hold your breath...) that the Habs might try to get O'Sullivan from the Kings. I think it would be a great trade if we could get rid of a couple role players and a prospect. Then we sign Selenne?????

Say... Begin, Dandy, and a prospect/pick.

Imagine...

Tangs - Koivu - Selenne

Kovalev - Pleks - A.Kost

Higgins - Sullivan - S.Kost

Chips - Laps- Kosts

I wouldn't count on that. O'Sullivan is an important piece of the rebuild. He just gets overshadowed by other great talent like Kopitar, Johnson and Dustin Brown (and you know the rest).

I know Gainey says he's done, as we all wait for the small possible chance to land Sundin. The only reason I bring this up yet again is because of Gainey's past interest and an official announcement that Shanny will not be with New York.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: John Dellapina reports the Rangers have no remaining cap space to re-sign Brendan Shanahan, meaning the club goes into next season with a new captain and two new alternates.

If Sundin was to sign for less, you never know, there is not a whole lot left for him out there anymore and if Shanny was to sign for less landing both is possible. Yes I know fanpuck is going to jump all over me again, and tell me how impossible this is. I do agree, at this point and time it is not possible.

But!!!!!!! Gainey wants and loves both these guys so it makes me wonder if he would make trades and salary dump to get these two in red white and blue. I would be a happy man.

Sounds like (according to EK so don't hold your breath...) that the Habs might try to get O'Sullivan from the Kings. I think it would be a great trade if we could get rid of a couple role players and a prospect. Then we sign Selenne?????

Say... Begin, Dandy, and a prospect/pick.

Imagine...

Tangs - Koivu - Selenne

Kovalev - Pleks - A.Kost

Higgins - Sullivan - S.Kost

Chips - Laps- Kosts

If the habs didn't have room for a small perimeter player like Grabovski....why do they have it for O'Sullivan?

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.co...nhlrumorcentral

Kovalev seeking extension?Sources tell TIOPS, former Pittsburgh Penguin forward Alexei Kovalev is seeking a three year extension from the Montreal Canadiens. Entering the final year of a four year contract Kovalev would like a deal in place before training camp begins.

It makes sense for him to want one before the season starts as he's coming off what is basically a career season (his Pittsburgh days are almost like a whole separate career). He'll have a lot of bargaining power and would probably be looking for something high. I'd imagine the deal would be front loaded because he'd be in his late thirtires in the final year of the deal and his production would probably have tailed off a bit. I could see him asking for - and us agreeing to - 6 then 5 then 4. Seems fair for someone his age, especially when he's had problems with inconsistency. I do think we wll still have use for him even after this season.

I think mr kovalev has seen his salary cap and he is making it now. He is worth what we are paying him but he is on the downside now. having said that I would love to sign him to a 3 year extension at 4.5 per

Edited by habs rule

I think mr kovalev has seen his salary cap and he is making it now. He is worth what we are paying him but he is on the downside now. having said that I would love to sign him to a 3 year extension at 4.5 per

Sounds like a good deal to me. Even as he winds down his career, his presence will always be a key to the Habs strong PP. Souray got lots of credit, as did Streit, but i believe Kovy is the one who opens up plenty of space for others. I loved it when Carbo would sometimes double-shift Kovy and use him for the full two minutes of the PP.

And as many have stated, Kovy seems to love playing in Montreal.

Well i for one want to see Kovalev him compete for another full year. He has only had 1 good year in Montreal. Let him earn a contract by doing his thing this year. Remeber there are several people becoming UFA's at the end next season. Let them eran their money.

I wouldn't have a problem letting all of them walk including Kovalev. The UFA season next year is loaded with talent, why waste money on 38 year olds and players on the down side of there careers, it doesn't make sense.