Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Rumour that we are interested in mike richards? What do you guys think? another low cost gamble by MB?

Where did you find that rumour?

Richards' court case, which was scheduled for this week, has been postponed until January. Until that gets cleared up, he won't be signing anywhere.

Where did you find that rumour?

Richards' court case, which was scheduled for this week, has been postponed until January. Until that gets cleared up, he won't be signing anywhere.

Of course it was eklund so the odds are 2000000 to one (ran out of zero's) but I thought the idea was intriguing enough to discuss.

No way MB looks at Richards. He stresses character often in his discussions. He already gambled on two players, who one could argue display behaviors of low character. They both failed the test. I will bet my first grandchild's left arm that he doesn't go after Richards.

Simmonds is one of the best players and contracts Philly has on the books and bench, why would they trade him?

They are looking to shed salary, and maybe get some forward depth?

I think they need a reset in their entire mindset from a few years back, so maybe they trade Simmonds to get deeper I dunno...

It sure doesn't take only Ghetto to have Simmonds, it may not take Nate + Ghetto but it takes more than just Ghetto.

I didn't say you could get him for only Ghetto.... However I doubt they are interested in moving for young defencemen.... its likely Ghetto + another forward, if thats even a discussion.

No way could we fit him under the cap. He's going to be looking at $11m+/year as a UFA.

Both Friedman and Bob McKenzie saying Montreal is a possible destination for Stamkos if Tampa can't come to a contract agreement.

Guest Stogey24

He scored 43 goals last year as a 24 year old and you're asking if he's worth that kind of money?

8 game goaless drought in playoffs. 22pts this year.... Ferraro was even saying he wouldn't pay him that kind of money. 80million dollars for 3-4 more years of prime

I'm just playing the other side.

It would be a fackin dream to have this guy!

Boy, $11 mil is a spicy meatball - delicious but hard to digest. It raises the spectre of Montreal becoming like Pittsburgh, massively top-heavy in salary.

The really interesting question here is: could we manage it? E.g., shipping out Pleks and Markov would clear up most of the needed room, at least in the short term. Pacioretty's inevitable huge raise could be a problem. I'd be interested in folks' thoughts about how to fit Stamkos in, without crippling the team in other areas.

The asking price would start with Galchenyuk. Remember what yzerman got for St. Louis?

No way do I move our core for a rental and no way would I give that kind of term long term to a guy who as captain of a team has repeatedly tweeted likes on articles about him playing in Toronto. I kind of get a Daney Heatley vibe from him.

Boy, $11 mil is a spicy meatball - delicious but hard to digest. It raises the spectre of Montreal becoming like Pittsburgh, massively top-heavy in salary.

The really interesting question here is: could we manage it? E.g., shipping out Pleks and Markov would clear up most of the needed room, at least in the short term. Pacioretty's inevitable huge raise could be a problem. I'd be interested in folks' thoughts about how to fit Stamkos in, without crippling the team in other areas.

I don't believe for a second that Tampa lets him go. I would use the example of Chicago who has been very successful using a top heavy formula. Yeah, it can be done. Pittsburg even had some success a ways back. I don't see MB taking that big of risk.

The asking price is Galchenyuk? I highly doubt that.

Big name players traded since the cap came into place do not get full value. Look at...

Thornton, Brad Richards (to Dallas), Gaborik (to New York), Nash, Hossa, Spezza, Seguin, Heatley (to SJ), Kessel, the list goes on.

Whether traded at the deadline, or traded mid-season, these guys aren't getting full value in return... and when you consider that Stamkos has a NTC... Tampa will get pennies on the dollar if they move him.

Actually, I was thinking more in terms of signing him as a UFA. Montreal would be a desirable location for a guy who wants to win and wants a great hockey environment. If we're willing to pay up, we'd be highly competitive suitors. And I'd rather not get involved in a trade war at the deadline to get him as a rental. My question was, rather: how could we fit his maximum salary under the cap and still remain a well-balanced team?

(But BK is right - Stevie Y will surely get the deal done. Surely).

The asking price would start with Galchenyuk. Remember what yzerman got for St. Louis?

No way do I move our core for a rental and no way would I give that kind of term long term to a guy who as captain of a team has repeatedly tweeted likes on articles about him playing in Toronto. I kind of get a Daney Heatley vibe from him.

Not sure what your argument is. The starting asking price might mention Gally, that is a typical negotiating ploy ask for the sun and the moon and a minor planet seems quite reasonable in comparision. Speaking of comparisons, TB got a past-his prime Ryan Callahan, a first-round pick and a conditional second-round choice for MSL. How does that compare to the upside of a young Galchenuk?

That said, I would love to see Stamkos in MTL, but only if MB gets him on a Vanek type move and is able to resign him a la Petry. I'm not asking much am I?

Whether traded at the deadline, or traded mid-season, these guys aren't getting full value in return... and when you consider that Stamkos has a NTC... Tampa will get pennies on the dollar if they move him.

Though I agree generally speaking, Yzerman still procured a pretty good return for St. Louis who was willing to accept a trade to all of one team. If all they'd get at the deadline for him is pennies on the dollar, they'll keep him as an 'internal rental' for the playoff push and take their chances from there.

The asking price is Galchenyuk? I highly doubt that.

Big name players traded since the cap came into place do not get full value. Look at...

Thornton, Brad Richards (to Dallas), Gaborik (to New York), Nash, Hossa, Spezza, Seguin, Heatley (to SJ), Kessel, the list goes on.

St Louis had a NTC. He wanted to get traded. He pushed for the trade. He was only willing to go to one team. St Louis was on his last legs. Despite all this, yzerman pretty much raped sather. Factor in Stamkos is only 25.

Though I agree generally speaking, Yzerman still procured a pretty good return for St. Louis who was willing to accept a trade to all of one team. If all they'd get at the deadline for him is pennies on the dollar, they'll keep him as an 'internal rental' for the playoff push and take their chances from there.

I agree with that. Can't see yzerman trading Stamkos unless two things happen. First, Stamkos doesn't want to resign. Second, Tampa out of the playoff picture.