Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I hated Sundin as a leaf, but I still would have liked him if he signed with Montreal.

But since he never, and the way he went about the whole thing, it makes me hate him even more :angry:

The top two things I'd love to see this year are BGL kicking the piss outta Lucic, and right after that it would be Sundin playing like garbage for the Canucks and their fans booing him. And him losing in the first round :)

The name Eric Cole has come up from time to time in other threads. He is struggling miserably on an Edmonton team that will probably have to do something soon in order to right the ship. Heaven forfend I should *start* a rumour, but what about EC in a Habs' jersey (any trade suggestions?)? Or are we better off just waiting until he turns UFA? Or should we forget about him altogether? Any thoughts?

The name Eric Cole has come up from time to time in other threads. He is struggling miserably on an Edmonton team that will probably have to do something soon in order to right the ship. Heaven forfend I should *start* a rumour, but what about EC in a Habs' jersey (any trade suggestions?)? Or are we better off just waiting until he turns UFA? Or should we forget about him altogether? Any thoughts?

Ever since that Orpik hit, he hasn't been the same.

That's true, but i would still take Cole on my team. Good size and speed, he GOES TO THE NET which most habs players avoid. Unless the habs get rid of some players you may want to wait until he is a ufa. with poor numbers he should be able to be signed for cheap.

It just depends on who BG thinks he wants to keep.

That's true, but i would still take Cole on my team. Good size and speed, he GOES TO THE NET which most habs players avoid. Unless the habs get rid of some players you may want to wait until he is a ufa. with poor numbers he should be able to be signed for cheap.

It just depends on who BG thinks he wants to keep.

The advantage of trading to get him is that you can do what we did with Kovalev - namely, sell him on the city and the franchise first hand. Our track record with UFAs is not very good, remember, but players that actually play here seem to quite like it.

Also...Cole won't come cheap. This is a league where Wade Redden makes $6 million. Or look at Ryder's cotnract. GMs are unmitigated idiots, and some clown would offer Cole $4-5 mil even after a horrendous season.

In any case, I agree with Chris on this, and I'd at least be snooping around the Oilers to see what they'd like in return.

Cheechoo might be another option? He also isn't having his best season.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. His scoring has decreased dramatically each of the previous two seasons, and he is on pace for that to happen a third time. He was a product of Thornton's passing and the league figured out how to stop that duo. He needs a top passer for him to be effective at all, and we don't have one.

Cheechoo might be another option? He also isn't having his best season.

One hit wonder.

Playing with great players and still can't get it going, but maybe with a change of scenery?

One hit wonder.

Playing with great players and still can't get it going, but maybe with a change of scenery?

Yeah, who knows? I don't consider him a legitimate 50 goal scorer but I've never heard of a one-hit wonder scoring 56 goals in a season. For instance, I don't think Ryder could have done that, even with the same linemates.

Cole might be a better choice but I would at least ask Wilson about Cheechoo.

Yeah, who knows? I don't consider him a legitimate 50 goal scorer but I've never heard of a one-hit wonder scoring 56 goals in a season. For instance, I don't think Ryder could have done that, even with the same linemates.

Cole might be a better choice but I would at least ask Wilson about Cheechoo.

Cheechoo is right handed so he would be my choice too.

At 3 mil per season as a cap hit (for 2 years past this one), I'm not sure the Sharks may really want to move him all that much to begin with. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but I think he could help this team. (Would you feel comfortable with him replacing one of the potential outgoing UFA forwards beyond this season?)

At 3 mil per season as a cap hit (for 2 years past this one), I'm not sure the Sharks may really want to move him all that much to begin with. I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but I think he could help this team. (Would you feel comfortable with him replacing one of the potential outgoing UFA forwards beyond this season?)

Personally, I'm hoping we bring back all of the three big UFA forwards. I have no idea if Cheechoo could replace them because his production seems to be so connected with how much chemistry he has with his linemates. Trading for him is pretty much a crapshoot. If we get him at the deadline, we'd have to judge him in the couple of months that he plays for us and hope he settles in with Tanguay or someone.

Cheechoo was a good 25-30 goal scorer before Thornton came around. It's what you expect of him that matters. In a way, he's a bit like Glen Murray... a good secondary scorer who can become a primary scorer with the right linemates (i.e. Joe Thornton).

Cheechoo is not going back on that top line right now since Marleau-Thornton-Setoguchi is one of the top lines in the entire NHL.

Another European forward to mull over (since Zinovjev isn't coming), here's Andres Ambühl.

Swiss reports are indicating that the Montreal Canadiens could be close to signing forward Andres Ambühl. The 25 year old Swiss has scored 12 goals and 31 points in 34 games for Nationalliga A club Davos this season.

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/2008/12...ec-29-2008.html

Latendresse on the way out?

Phoenix sources are saying that there is a rumor that involves the Montreal Canadiens trading forward Guillaume Latendresse to the Coyotes in exchange for defenseman Keith Yandle. Brochu's take: Yandle was a healthy scratch recently, while Latendresse has not met expectations. Perhaps a change of scenery is good for both?

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/2009/01...jan-2-2009.html

(Boy there's nothing to talk about lately in terms of rumours...)

I wouldn't exactly consider Yandle a bottom pairing blue liner. Just because you don't hear about him because he's in Phoenix doesn't mean the guy sucks.

The guy would add some nice size in the Habs blue liner for starters. He has some offensive upside as well. Sure, those stats aren't exactly numbers you can build any argument with but it's a little trickier when Jovo gets most of the PP time and he's stuck on the second wave.

The question is : would he beat Gorges in the chart ? If no, i'm not interested.

A 3rd pairing guy at even strength who can make our PP dynamic again would be welcome. Replace Brisebois on the depth chart and give us an obvious net benefit to help the team is okay. Like others have suggested, 5 on 5, Gorges is a top 4 guy. So I'd have no problem with adding a 3rd pair guy as long as he helped the PP. Yandle is interesting in that situation, but I wouldn't give up Gui to get him.