Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

A 3rd pairing guy at even strength who can make our PP dynamic again would be welcome. Replace Brisebois on the depth chart and give us an obvious net benefit to help the team is okay. Like others have suggested, 5 on 5, Gorges is a top 4 guy. So I'd have no problem with adding a 3rd pair guy as long as he helped the PP. Yandle is interesting in that situation, but I wouldn't give up Gui to get him.

Yeah, anyone who wants to trade Latendresse now has not been paying attention. He is finally showing serious signs of becoming the player we've been waiting for, as part of that phenomenal Lapierre line.

Wee whispers of Gainey looking at one Scott Niedermeyer as the Ducks contemplate abandoning the season in favour of the future. Perhaps the acquisition of TJ Kemp was accomplished because of a future exodus of some defensive youngsters??

Wee whispers of Gainey looking at one Scott Niedermeyer as the Ducks contemplate abandoning the season in favour of the future. Perhaps the acquisition of TJ Kemp was accomplished because of a future exodus of some defensive youngsters??

At least we will not be hearing a Gaborik rumor for a while..

Scneider to Montreal rumors again. This time EK says it could happen anytime. He does have a good shot from the point, i beleive he plays RD and LD which would help.

My problems with this, the habs D as a whole is very slow, Schneider doesn't help that. I also wouldn't want to give up solid youth players or a top pick for him.

I would like to see Weber play, i heard he is up with big team.

I hope Bob doesn't pick up Schneider. Even if it's just for 1/2 a season. I'd rather see a young guy there like Weber. It's not like the Habs have to win the CUp this year, they can wait a year or two until the youngsters hit their prime! In the mean-time, give the kids some much needed playoff experience!

I would like to see BG pick up Schneider. May only cost about a 3rd rounder pick or maybe a prospect like O'byrne. He'll definitely help the PP, and can replace Bouillon on the back end, or Breezer sometimes.

He may be just what the Habs need. He wouldn't have to play major minutes with Markov, Hammy, Komi, and Gorges in the top 4.

I hope Bob doesn't pick up Schneider. Even if it's just for 1/2 a season. I'd rather see a young guy there like Weber. It's not like the Habs have to win the CUp this year, they can wait a year or two until the youngsters hit their prime! In the mean-time, give the kids some much needed playoff experience!

I am pretty sure Schneider is in Atlanta for cap reasons.

If they were to trade him Montreal would need to give them about 5 million back.

So if he comes it will be at the deadline.

Financial difficulties all over the place south of the border. Does this mean some of those teams may be unloading? Does it mean contraction? Does it mean Bob may start talking with Tampa about Vinny?

Financial difficulties all over the place south of the border. Does this mean some of those teams may be unloading? Does it mean contraction? Does it mean Bob may start talking with Tampa about Vinny?

Vinny would be a dream.

But I think that dream died when he signed long term last year.

Teams like Atlanta can not unload they are just above the cap floor.

I am pretty sure Schneider is in Atlanta for cap reasons.

If they were to trade him Montreal would need to give them about 5 million back.

So if he comes it will be at the deadline.

Gainey should trade Hammer for schneider so we'd have tons of money for bouwmeester and komisarek.

actually they do have to win the cup THIS YEAR they have never gone a decade without a cup this is the 5th year of a 5 year plan and because I say so :lol:

Definitely don't wanna aquire Schneider if it means Hammer going the other way.

hammer ain't going anywhere now

Vinny would be a dream.

But I think that dream died when he signed long term last year.

Teams like Atlanta can not unload they are just above the cap floor.

i don't think vinny is coming here or going anywhere unless the owners would enjoy a lynching

I would like to see BG pick up Schneider. May only cost about a 3rd rounder pick or maybe a prospect like O'byrne. He'll definitely help the PP, and can replace Bouillon on the back end, or Breezer sometimes.

He may be just what the Habs need. He wouldn't have to play major minutes with Markov, Hammy, Komi, and Gorges in the top 4.

i agee but we will have to dump some salary me thinks

Gainey should trade Hammer for schneider so we'd have tons of money for bouwmeester and komisarek.

I WOULD NEVER DO THAT.

Not unless Jay Bo would take a discount.

Hamrlik is a force.

I WOULD NEVER DO THAT.

Not unless Jay Bo would take a discount.

Hamrlik is a force.

why would he take a discount ?? he's at his prime and will be at the end of his future contract even if he signs for 6-7 years.

should we keep komisarek and sign Bouwmeester(wishful thinking) hammer becomes the team's 4th D. 5M for a 4th D is way too expensive given the fact that Gorges has proven he can do the job and that some great kids are pushing to get a roster spot.

The rumor yesterday in Montreal was that the Leafs would trade Kaberle to the Habs. For what it's worth, Higgins or Plekanec names were discussed.

I know that le Journal de Montréal were trying to dig the story.

JCPetit

The rumor yesterday in Montreal was that the Leafs would trade Kaberle to the Habs. For what it's worth, Higgins or Plekanec names were discussed.

I know that le Journal de Montréal were trying to dig the story.

JCPetit

all that he said(kaberle) is that he woudln't mind letting is NTC go if asked.

between the Lines: Trade me Right F---ing Now!!

Kaberle would be sweet, but it won't happen...

Schenider is a great idea. A veteran, Cup-winner, knows Montreal, probably has enough left in the tank to be a significant force, especially on the PP, during the playoff drive. It all depends on what we'd send back, of course, but in principle it seems like a no-brainer.

Now as for Hamrlik for Schnieder... :lol::lol::lol: Hamrlik is one of the single biggest reasons why the Habs have become an elite NHL team - he single-handedly stabilized a defence that was dismal in its own end before he showed up. DO NOT trade him. Period.

And the idea that we shouldn't be trying to gun for a Cup this year makes no sense to me. Yes, the future looks good. But you can take that attitude ad infinitum and thus never actually win anything. Guys like Higgins and Pleks and Komisarek have been around long enough to be expected to understand what the playoffs involve. Given cap issues and likely raises to a raft of RFAs and UFAs, next year's team will quite possibly have fewer major veterans than this one (e.g., we might well lose Kovalev, or Tanguay, or even Koivu, or one of our RFAs, etc.). This may not be *THE* year but it is definitely a year in which we should be seeking to go all the way. If we can acquire Schneider for a reasonably modest return, we should do it.

And the idea that we shouldn't be trying to gun for a Cup this year makes no sense to me......
I agree. It's Montreal's turn at the Hossa type move or whatever BOb cooks up. There comes a time with free agency, money and the potential loss of prospects due to not signing them that a non-move would be foolish. Chipchura is a perfect example. We need to decide his future now because Hamilton is no longer an option. By not trading and thus not promoting the "Chipchura's" in our system, we might as well wave goodbye as well to the "Higgins" via free agency too.

Time's up. Like it or not. Either we take a step backwards next year or we make a trade which at the end of the day leads us to having the exact situation next year regardless of making a move.

Yep, TIME'S UP!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Why would going with youth be taking a step backwards? The youth have arguably as a whole have been the habs best players night in and night out. Adding a high priced vet and giving up on quality youth doesn't guarantee you anything.

Adding a D would be nice but giving up alot wouldn't be smart either. BG phiosophy is building through the draft so players are always available and there is plenty of competion internally.

I don't expect a big move this year either.

You know whose trade value is at a high water mark at this point? Subban... But I doubt we trade him.

Schneider would be interesting, and apparently he's played like crap this year which would lower his value (but then again we get a player who's played like crap). So what would we send the other way? Would Chipchura be a key part of the deal? Or Obyrne?

2nd or 3rd rounder

Young player

Dandenault and/or Begin for salary purposes

I agree. It's Montreal's turn at the Hossa type move or whatever BOb cooks up.

I'm not so sure that I agree! Look at what the Hossa deal did to the Penguins(if the playoffs started today, the Pens would be out!) they paid WAY TOO MUCH for a RENTAL PLAYER.

I'm not so sure that I agree! Look at what the Hossa deal did to the Penguins(if the playoffs started today, the Pens would be out!) they paid WAY TOO MUCH for a RENTAL PLAYER.

I think Hossa is a case of a rental player paying off. They made it to the Stanley Cup finals. I don't think a championship and only a championship can be seen as a reasonable return for a rental. At the time of the deal I thought it was a bad trade, but they got results.

And look what it's done for the Thrashers! Malone fit their (Pens) system well, I'd say his departure hurt the Pens more than Armstrong or Christensen (guess I need to include Esposito). It also doesn't help that Gonchar and Whitney missed the first half of the season.

I don't think the Habs would mortgage the future for a rental, but I'm sure as in other years, Gainey will explore his options. If the right deal is there, he'll do it. If not, he'll keep our assets and move forward. How's THAT for a non-committal answer (yet obvious).