Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

A team that needs to rebuild probably shouldn't be throwing around offer sheets -- the draft picks are more important.

Not if you draft like the Calgary Flames.

I donno how they didn't draft Fucale. They still waiting on Leland?

Not if you draft like the Calgary Flames.

I donno how they didn't draft Fucale. They still waiting on Leland?

Nope. Irving signed a one month tryout in Finland about a week ago. Jon Gillies seems to be their top goalie prospect although I think Reto Berra, acquired in the Bouwmeester deal, also has some upside (but he's already 26).

Nope. Irving signed a one month tryout in Finland about a week ago. Jon Gillies seems to be their top goalie prospect although I think Reto Berra, acquired in the Bouwmeester deal, also has some upside (but he's already 26).

Wowzers. At least they have cheap gas.

Gillies does look promising and at 6'5 215 quite imposing as well.

Laurant Brossoit is their top goalie prospect isn't he, and should of been Canada's junior goalie last year?

And not sure that Flames are weak drafting are they? With the 3 1st rounders they got this year, smart trade to drop a few spots last draft, Sven Baertschi the year before that, should add another pick or 2 for Cammalleri and likely will have a fairly high 1st round pick again next year, so they seem to be turning things around?

Reto Berra is really a Flames ? hahahaha

Laurant Brossoit is their top goalie prospect isn't he, and should of been Canada's junior goalie last year?

And not sure that Flames are weak drafting are they? With the 3 1st rounders they got this year, smart trade to drop a few spots last draft, Sven Baertschi the year before that, should add another pick or 2 for Cammalleri and likely will have a fairly high 1st round pick again next year, so they seem to be turning things around?

I thought Brossoit was but Gillies had a really good year when I looked his numbers up so I'm giving him the nod. I'm not a big Brossoit fan personally, I think the team dictated his numbers more than he did (which was one of my concerns with Tristan Jarry this past draft).

Reto Berra is really a Flames ? hahahaha

He was a lot worse with my team (3.58 GAA, .861 SV%) than he was with yours. Fanpuck consistently got good things out of him though.

Nope, Mathieu Garon (who still is without an NHL contract).

How did I get Berra. I kinda remember a blockbuster here, no ? Probably got screwed, like for 50% of my trades.

How did I get Berra. I kinda remember a blockbuster here, no ? Probably got screwed, like for 50% of my trades.

It was a blockbuster...for my AHL team. I got a couple of core AHL guys and Alex Auld (who lost his starting job in Austria last year), you got Berra and a couple of lesser AHL'ers. I soured on Berra quickly suffice it to say.

It was a blockbuster...for my AHL team. I got a couple of core AHL guys and Alex Auld (who lost his starting job in Austria last year), you got Berra and a couple of lesser AHL'ers. I soured on Berra quickly suffice it to say.

hahaha I totally thought Berra was Hextall hahahahaha

It sounds like Tomas Kaberle is close to signing in the KHL (Minsk). I'll be curious to see how the larger ice surface affects him, can he keep up? On the flip side, his offensive game should also improve in that league.

It sounds like Tomas Kaberle is close to signing in the KHL (Minsk). I'll be curious to see how the larger ice surface affects him, can he keep up? On the flip side, his offensive game should also improve in that league.

He was still pretty good for points in Montreal. Honestly if it wasn't for his cost he would have been a fixture on the PP2. Kaberle still has a very good pass.

He was still pretty good for points in Montreal. Honestly if it wasn't for his cost he would have been a fixture on the PP2. Kaberle still has a very good pass.

I think thomas started out with a couple of strikes against him, 1. his contract (which wasn't that bad) 2. he was a former leaf and that generates a lot of hate in these here parts. I wish him the best of luck.

I think thomas started out with a couple of strikes against him, 1. his contract (which wasn't that bad) 2. he was a former leaf and bruin that generates a lot of hate in these here parts. I wish him the best of luck.

I think thomas started out with a couple of strikes against him, 1. his contract (which wasn't that bad) 2. he was a former leaf and bruin that generates a lot of hate in these here parts. I wish him the best of luck.

GOOD POINT

A small rumour but there is a report that the Habs offered Brenden Morrow a tryout at training camp. Morrow, however, is still looking for a guaranteed deal (and why not at this point).

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site/sources/dlc/4416-brenden-morrow-au-camp-du-canadien-un-1er-match-pour-mccarron-au-canada-mise-au-point.html

A small rumour but there is a report that the Habs offered Brenden Morrow a tryout at training camp. Morrow, however, is still looking for a guaranteed deal (and why not at this point).

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site/sources/dlc/4416-brenden-morrow-au-camp-du-canadien-un-1er-match-pour-mccarron-au-canada-mise-au-point.html

How much more salary can we actually take on?

How much more salary can we actually take on?

It would depend on if they'd move out another player to make room. In terms of just actual space, they don't really have a lot to work with when there are over $2 million in potential bonuses not to mention keeping some space in case of injuries. Unless he's willing to take near the minimum, I don't think they have room to sign him straight up. It also should be noted that Morrow is not eligible to sign an incentive-laden deal like Jagr, Iginla, and Alfredsson so that option is off the table as well.

Not a bad place to tryout though.

Plenty of media coverage, would play a role in camp that Montreal still lacks... if it doesn't end up with a contract in Montreal, he'd still get noticed elsewhere.

Except he spent most of the season in the press box, on the payroll, but not playing because we had better players to put on the ice. His contract had little to do with why he wasn't playing games.

Except he spent most of the season in the press box, on the payroll, but not playing because we had better players to put on the ice. His contract had little to do with why he wasn't playing games.

Couldn't risk him getting injured long term, or else they wouldn't have been able to buy him out. Once it became clear he wasn't going to be worth his contract, he was treated like he was made of glass.

Guest Stogey24

If Morrow was to become a Canadien, it would basically be the end of Moen. So without a doubt a trade would be in the works for cap space.