Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I don't know where the idea came from that Subban would take less money to be captain. It just seems backward to me. He gets a guarantee in his contract on something that should be up to the people in the dressing room? And then he gets paid less for more responsibility and pressure? You don't go about paying your captain of all people less than he's worth.

Gorges seemed like the obvious candidate last offseason, and he already has a little extra captain's pay in his contract. I still think it's his to lose. The ideal would be to have a star take it like Galchenyuk or Subban, but I'm not sure they'd be the right choice at this point. I'd choose Subban over Galch - he's had more time in the spotlight and has handled it well, and I wouldn't want to heap pressure on a young guy in his rookie deal. But it really comes down to the opinion of the people in the dressing room, which we can only speculate about.

Back on topic, there's nothing new on the Clement Jodoin to Belarus report from last week. I saw somewhere that there was a picture of him already in Belarus, that suggests to me that this may just be something for during the offseason and won't affect the Habs. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd have had some sort of press release from somewhere about it.

Guest Stogey24

Totally forgot about him. Okay, first black Captain of a team that matters ;)

I truly think captaincy should be given to veterans.

Guest Stogey24

Back on topic, there's nothing new on the Clement Jodoin to Belarus report from last week. I saw somewhere that there was a picture of him already in Belarus, that suggests to me that this may just be something for during the offseason and won't affect the Habs. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd have had some sort of press release from somewhere about it.

Sorry, I should have started new thread

I don't know where the idea came from that Subban would take less money to be captain. It just seems backward to me. He gets a guarantee in his contract on something that should be up to the people in the dressing room? And then he gets paid less for more responsibility and pressure? You don't go about paying your captain of all people less than he's worth.

Gorges seemed like the obvious candidate last offseason, and he already has a little extra captain's pay in his contract. I still think it's his to lose. The ideal would be to have a star take it like Galchenyuk or Subban, but I'm not sure they'd be the right choice at this point. I'd choose Subban over Galch - he's had more time in the spotlight and has handled it well, and I wouldn't want to heap pressure on a young guy in his rookie deal. But it really comes down to the opinion of the people in the dressing room, which we can only speculate about.

they are never going to make PK captain, he is simply too controversial. He is a great hockey player but he tends to rub people the wrong way and a little maturing is needed. I love the guy. :habslogo:

It's being floated that Kyle Clifford is being shopped by LA. Dennis Bernstain from The Fourth Period is also saying on his twitter account that they will NOT deal with Habs. What's that all about? He would be perfect for our 3rd line. This is a deal that Bergy should try and do.

Guest Stogey24

It's being floated that Kyle Clifford is being shopped by LA. Dennis Bernstain from The Fourth Period is also saying on his twitter account that they will NOT deal with Habs. What's that all about? He would be perfect for our 3rd line. This is a deal that Bergy should try and do.

L.A only wants a prospect or a pick. That's really all they can take on.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I don't trust much of anything from him. They won't deal with the Habs? It's not as if they didn't make a trade three months ago or anything...oh wait...they did.

A random rumour, but one RDS blogger suggests that the Habs are set to sign Erik Nystrom, their 6th rounder from 2012. Nystrom, although just 19, would play in Hamilton next year. I know he's out of a contract in Sweden so the option for him to cross the pond is legit (and I don't believe he was picked in the CHL Import Draft, quashing any CHL chances).

https://twitter.com/GuillaumeL_MTL/status/361961789946208256

A random rumour, but one RDS blogger suggests that the Habs are set to sign Erik Nystrom, their 6th rounder from 2012. Nystrom, although just 19, would play in Hamilton next year. I know he's out of a contract in Sweden so the option for him to cross the pond is legit (and I don't believe he was picked in the CHL Import Draft, quashing any CHL chances).

https://twitter.com/GuillaumeL_MTL/status/361961789946208256

One of the best Habs at Development camp's scrimmage according to my friend who attended the game.

One of the best Habs at Development camp's scrimmage according to my friend who attended the game.

He's put up reasonable stats in Sweden, especially for a 6th rounder, hasn't he?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

Igor Kleyner: Evgeni Malkins dad told SovSport that the Dallas Stars offered Malkin more money than the Penguins did this summer. Malkin was still under contract with the Penguins. Malkins dad also said that if Evgeni was to leave the Penguins, it would likely be for the Rangers or Canadiens.

He's all ours boys:D

Igor Kleyner: Evgeni Malkins dad told SovSport that the Dallas Stars offered Malkin more money than the Penguins did this summer. Malkin was still under contract with the Penguins. Malkins dad also said that if Evgeni was to leave the Penguins, it would likely be for the Rangers or Canadiens.

He's all ours boys:D

So the Rangers then.

I'm sure some would think Edler given their reported interest before. For the sake of guessing, I'll go another route - Chris Tanev. The Habs could stand to get another stay-at-home guy to take some of the heavy workload off of Gorges and he's only 23. Contract talks haven't gone too well so far so perhaps the Canucks would move him.

Nokelainen apparently signed a contract in sweden. Any chance Montreal resigns Halpern?

I'd say it's slim at this point but I wouldn't mind him coming back at all. He ideally wouldn't be an every-game player but one that could draw in against strong PP teams, ones that are particularly strong at faceoffs, or ones that Parros wouldn't be needed for.