Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If MT switched Moen an holland I'd be pretty happy with lines.

Lines at pratice

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

Bournival Plekanec Gionta

Bourque Desharnais Moen

Blunden- White- Holland

Lines at pratice

Galchenyuk – Eller – Gallagher

Bournival – Plekanec – Gionta

Bourque – Desharnais – Moen

Blunden- White- Holland

If MT switched Moen an holland I'd be pretty happy with lines.

That 4th line is going to play about 3 minutes a game. I'd rather have Moen play more minutes over an underwhelming rookie.

That 4th line is going to play about 3 minutes a game. I'd rather have Moen play more minutes over an underwhelming rookie.

If we are ever going to get DD going, it's not going to be with Moen. I'd rather use the injuries for a chance to put the rookies with guys with skill and see if they can produce at this level.

Bournival has speed and skill and may be able to be produce like a 2nd/3rd liner, he's not going to do that with White and Moen. Now he has a chance with Pleks. I'd rather give Holland a chance with Bourque and DD.

Why is it that the habs are always eager to take guys who have some skill and turn them into pluggers? Moen belongs on the 4th line. Keep him there. These kids MAY have more potential, let's use the injuries as a chance to see what they can do.

We're playing the oilers, without Gagner and possibly without Hall. Let's use the chance to the kids. I'd distribute ice time as follows 20 min eller line, 18 min pleks line 12 min DD line and 10 min white line and adjust for PP/PK.

Habs29, I see your point, but I think putting DD with Bourque isn't a bad idea. The one can drive the net and score while the other sets up the plays. Moen's job is to crash around. I think that line makes a bit of sense, actually (though I'm certainly not predicting its success - just saying that you can see where each player has a defined, mutually complementary role on it).

If we are ever going to get DD going, it's not going to be with Moen. I'd rather use the injuries for a chance to put the rookies with guys with skill and see if they can produce at this level.

Bournival has speed and skill and may be able to be produce like a 2nd/3rd liner, he's not going to do that with White and Moen. Now he has a chance with Pleks. I'd rather give Holland a chance with Bourque and DD.

Why is it that the habs are always eager to take guys who have some skill and turn them into pluggers? Moen belongs on the 4th line. Keep him there. These kids MAY have more potential, let's use the injuries as a chance to see what they can do.

We're playing the oilers, without Gagner and possibly without Hall. Let's use the chance to the kids. I'd distribute ice time as follows 20 min eller line, 18 min pleks line 12 min DD line and 10 min white line and adjust for PP/PK.

I don't think we're trying to get Desharnais going... I think we're trying to survive. And Holland ain't helping anybody rediscover their scoring touch. Moen and Bourque are a safety blanket. DD will get his chances on the powerplay.

Moen's done 3rd line duty before (he's done 2nd line duty before :( ) and he'll be trusted to handle more minutes over Holland, who probably shouldn't even be up right now.

I tend to agree with Habs29, at least that would be a goal for slotting Holland at this time. All in all, I don't think we are in too bad of shape, considering the # of injuries. I think the next injury to the forwards will be the backbraker unless we get somebody back.

Pretty clear to me that Therrien feels the only way DD will succeed is with two large bodies surrounding him. Thus Moen and Bourque. In theory it'd be better to give DD a guy with some hands like Holland but the team is committed to get DD going before they have to consider options of exile.

How far is Parros from return? Wouldn't surprise me to see Holland sit for Parros and ensure the fourth line resembles what we see from teams like Toronto.

I do like Bournival getting a shot with Plekanec and Gionta.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think we're trying to get Desharnais going... I think we're trying to survive. And Holland ain't helping anybody rediscover their scoring touch. Moen and Bourque are a safety blanket. DD will get his chances on the powerplay.

Moen's done 3rd line duty before (he's done 2nd line duty before :( ) and he'll be trusted to handle more minutes over Holland, who probably shouldn't even be up right now.

Spot on.

I guess I agree.

But Holland, as you say still needs more AHL and weight room time, has better puck skills and offensive "smarts" than Moan.

And the lines are never written in stone, so starting Holland on 4th line is best and if he has a couple good shifts and if Habs need scoring I am sure Therrian will mix it up.

Moan, Blunden and Darche are likely equally skilled top 6 forwards, but on 3rd line Moan can be a very effective checker and PK guy.

But Holland also seems to be a super shot blocker and defensively responsible (just lacking physicality/strength) so he likely wouldn't be overwhelmed by the young Oil forwards?

How far is Parros from return? Wouldn't surprise me to see Holland sit for Parros and ensure the fourth line resembles what we see from teams like Toronto.

He skated yesterday but isn't expected back in the short-term.

On a side note, how did the rumour thread turn into a discussion about line combos?

On a side note, how did the rumour thread turn into a discussion about line combos?

You know. Someone told my cousin's friend who told my cousin who told me that the lines at the morning practice were... You know...

Guest Stogey24

My bad

Let's get this back on track. Courtesy of ESPN's Pierre LeBrun:

The Habs ... held talks over the summer with Eller’s camp, led by Kevin Epp of Titan Sports Management. But no offer was ever made for an extension because Eller’s camp wanted to hold off to see how the center bounced back from that devastating hit that ending his season last spring. Both sides are open to talking contract during the season, however.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/27320/rumblings-kaletas-appeal-ellers-next-deal

He's an RFA so he's not really hitting the open market here (unless he gets an offer sheet).

damn my mistake I had it in my mind he was ufa. Sorry about that. OK lets back off on the dollars i say 3 or 4 years for 3.5 million

Less a rumour and more a report but I didn't want to create a new thread. Greg Pateryn has been recalled.

Seems there should be a generic Assignments/Callups thread pinned. Pinned only because it's easily findable, as I can't imagine (hopefully) that the callup revolving door will be this active all season.

Seems there should be a generic Assignments/Callups thread pinned. Pinned only because it's easily findable, as I can't imagine (hopefully) that the callup revolving door will be this active all season.

It will for a few more weeks at the very least.

Who will Pateryn replace on the backend?

Possibly just Beaulieu, or fill in for Boullion or Diaz vs a bigger Ducks or/& Shark team?

Will they maybe dress 7 d-men?

Or he will be in pressbox tomorrow and play Sat?

Is Leblanc gonna get the call up for Monday game and I assume Pateryn draws in?

Beaulieu had several shakey plays vs San Jose and Holland simply needs more icetime and they should help Bulldogs be competitive for sure.

Is Leblanc gonna get the call up for Monday game and I assume Pateryn draws in?

Beaulieu had several shakey plays vs San Jose and Holland simply needs more icetime and they should help Bulldogs be competitive for sure.

Although Leblanc has probably earned it, I hope not. Today is Hamilton's 3rd game in less than 48 hours. If Leblanc plays it and then gets recalled, they're asking him to play 4-in-4 or 5-in-5 which is too much. Holland hasn't played much which is why I guess they're comfortable sending him down for today but I assume he'll be back tomorrow (even though that will put him into a 3-in-3 or 4-in-4 situation). If someone is a surprise scratch for Hamilton today up front, that might signal who they're calling.

Although Leblanc has probably earned it, I hope not. Today is Hamilton's 3rd game in less than 48 hours. If Leblanc plays it and then gets recalled, they're asking him to play 4-in-4 or 5-in-5 which is too much. Holland hasn't played much which is why I guess they're comfortable sending him down for today but I assume he'll be back tomorrow (even though that will put him into a 3-in-3 or 4-in-4 situation). If someone is a surprise scratch for Hamilton today up front, that might signal who they're calling.

I'm thinking Parros and Murray are ready to go and there won't be any need. Kind of worried though what the Rangers might bring Monday night