Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

He's scoring at a PPG pace as an overager and did nothing before this year. I don't see him as a big get. But meh, we have plenty of room on the 50 contract limit so what the hell, take that swing, and who cares if you miss....

He's scoring at a PPG pace as an overager and did nothing before this year. I don't see him as a big get. But meh, we have plenty of room on the 50 contract limit so what the hell, take that swing, and who cares if you miss....

We do? For some reason I thought we were at 50.

We do? For some reason I thought we were at 50.

Technically they're at 50 now but 5 of them (McCarron, Fucale, Bozon, Collberg, and Hudon) will slide if they don't play 9 NHL games this year...and I don't think any of them will be playing any. It seems to me that if Nevins - or any other undrafted 20 year old FA - signs now, it will count against the limit this season even though he'd likely only be Hamilton-bound next year since future contracts can't be signed until I believe March.

Apparently the Habs had made a contract offer to undrafted winger Jack Nevins. He's a late bloomer that plays a very physical style...but isn't a particularly strong skater. There are other teams who have expressed an interest as well, according to the report.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?18410

Apparently Jack Nevins has signed a 3 year deal according to Canadiens official web site .

Apparently Jack Nevins has signed a 3 year deal according to Canadiens official web site .

He seems the type that Bergevin is adding for the new-look Habs, like Parros, Prust, Murray, McCarron, Crisp.

Who knows,maybe Nevins will be the next Prust?

Just curious......has anyone heard any trade talk between us and Colorado? Eklund is saying something is going on.

I live in Denver, the only thing I have heard (not Montreal specific) is the Avs are may be looking to upgrade a defenseman and looking for a big bottom 6 guy. Like Moen I'm assuming.

No names or teams mentioned.

Just curious......has anyone heard any trade talk between us and Colorado? Eklund is saying something is going on.

Yeah I read that but like most of ek5's dribblings that is probably all you will hear.

Colorado's beat reporter has noted that the Habs have had someone at almost every game from the Avs this season. To me, that suggests they're probably looking at someone. Colorado I don't think has been at as many Montreal games but I recall seeing them mentioned a few times when the list of scouts in Montreal were posted.

Eklund is posting he's hearing MacKinnon for Subban. Outlandish trades rumors like this is why he's a joke.

Yeah he really thinks we would trade pk for mckinnon straight up. So we should trade the best defenceman we have seen is a long long time, for a kid who may or may not be great one day? Everybody is tradeable but this is laughable. MB would have to hide from the hit squads looking for him. Mckinnon probably has a great future ahead of him but it will take a lot more than just him to get PK.

Yeah he really thinks we would trade pk for mckinnon straight up. So we should trade the best defenceman we have seen is a long long time, for a kid who may or may not be great one day? Everybody is tradeable but this is laughable. MB would have to hide from the hit squads looking for him. Mckinnon probably has a great future ahead of him but it will take a lot more than just him to get PK.

It's important to know how Eklund works.

He posts everything he hears from sources. We don't know how quality his sources are. No idea how close they are. He gives "stronger credibility" depending on the source. That's the E1/E2/E3/E4/E5 stuff. E2 means he's heard it from one person more credible than a simple E1. E4 means multiple credible people have told him this. E5 is a completed deal.

Now, the article in question: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/SoDoes-PK-Subban-for-Nathan-MacKinnon-Make-Any-Sense/1/56205

Eklund is more feeding traffic than giving you a hard rumour. Why? Well, read:

My source, who is close to both teams, continues to tell me this could be "as big as any trade since the last lockout."

I don't have specific names for you....but I do have a very real question, a question my source wouldn't deny or even comment on...

Does Nathan MacKinnon for PK Subban make sense?

So he isn't saying his source even said this is what's going to happen. Just it would be a big blockbuster trade.So Eklund isn't actually theorizing on actual names he's heard. Just that if the trade is big, it might as well include Subban and MacKinnon.

He even says at the end it's just a hunch.

But now everyone is talking about it, and it's talk that goes directly to Hockeybuzz.

Eklund is in the internet marketing business, not the hockey rumour business. Always, always remember that.

Eklund is in the internet marketing business, not the hockey rumour business.

This statement, I agree with 100%. What is wrong with Eklund, and I do like his site, just not him, is that he represents himself as being in the hockey rumour business. Anybody can sit at a desk and dream up goofy trades, heck it happens on this site quite often. His philosophy is " throw enough shat at the wall and some is sure to stick" . I mean if I overhear in my restaurant 2 guys talking about some nhl 2013 trade, should I write a blog? With his success ratio, I really question who these supposed sources are. I think maybe he should get some new ones. Anyway it matters not to me if you like him or hate him, I think some of the talent on that site is really worth the read, so you take the good with the bad.

Oh and if I were him i would have kept that pk for mckinnon thing to myself.

Eklund originally had a few small sources from the Philly/New York area and expanded that once he was popular enough to get on Sportsnet.

He's still firmly in Al Strachan territory. Strachan made an entire career on the Gretzky to the Blues deal. Eklund has made a career on some accurate trade deadlines.

But his website is now less about his silly rumours and more about the articles people read on it. That's why he has heavy traffic and solid web revenue. It's a business venture. If he writes a dumb rumour, it's okay. People will come to the website, be mad at his rumours and then come back because they liked an article someone wrote.

He's legitimized himself, similar to how TMZ has now legitimized themselves for news. Sad but true.

Eklund originally had a few small sources from the Philly/New York area and expanded that once he was popular enough to get on Sportsnet.

He's still firmly in Al Strachan territory. Strachan made an entire career on the Gretzky to the Blues deal. Eklund has made a career on some accurate trade deadlines.

But his website is now less about his silly rumours and more about the articles people read on it. That's why he has heavy traffic and solid web revenue. It's a business venture. If he writes a dumb rumour, it's okay. People will come to the website, be mad at his rumours and then come back because they liked an article someone wrote.

He's legitimized himself, similar to how TMZ has now legitimized themselves for news. Sad but true.

exactly

Guest Stogey24

“The Canadiens have been scouting the Avs all year long,” writes Adrain Dater of the Denver Post. “While I don’t believe something ‘major’ is imminent, I do believe Montreal has targeted the Avs for a while now for something. It could be as little as trying to get John Mitchell, or something as big as a package involving Paul Stastny.

“The Canadiens have been scouting the Avs all year long,” writes Adrain Dater of the Denver Post. “While I don’t believe something ‘major’ is imminent, I do believe Montreal has targeted the Avs for a while now for something. It could be as little as trying to get John Mitchell, or something as big as a package involving Paul Stastny.

I've been reading about this for a couple of days now. That report comes on the heels of Eklund's post (though it has been noted the two are scouting each other a lot). Apparently Dater has been throwing Stastny in rumours for three years now, some think that's more of a personal issue than factual.

I've been reading about this for a couple of days now. That report comes on the heels of Eklund's post (though it has been noted the two are scouting each other a lot). Apparently Dater has been throwing Stastny in rumours for three years now, some think that's more of a personal issue than factual.

Always have liked Stastny and might be a nice young centre, good on faceoffs, that would fit very well on Habs team, but $6.6m salary is a bit much, unless he would take a cut in pay for an extension?

Always have liked Stastny and might be a nice young centre, good on faceoffs, that would fit very well on Habs team, but $6.6m salary is a bit much, unless he would take a cut in pay for an extension?

The only way the Habs get Stastny is if Plekanec goes the other way. Galchenyuk is the #1 C of the future and Eller, even on his new deal, will be a lot cheaper than Stastny's new pact. I like Stastny too but would I prefer him to Plekanec? I don't see Stastny being a trade fit.