Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Hossa had signed a contract with Ottawa and was immediately traded to Atlanta afterwards. The belief was because he didn't take the $6M that Muckler wanted him to take. It was that treatment which led Chara to not negotiate with Ottawa, which led them to ahead and sign Redden instead. Redden was willing to take the offered amount while they knew Chara was knowledgeable on the treatment of Hossa, who is still one of his best friends.

Ottawa is very good at controlling their own PR. It was proved in the whole Alfredsson debacle. Had Ottawa kept Hossa, they would have kept Chara. Instead they went for the higher profile player, burned a player who just signed a new deal with them and in the end lost the better defenceman.

Call me what you will.. but all this Pacioretty trade talk is giving my dormant John LeClair ulcer the Vesuvius treatment.

Aint happening and i wouldnt lose any sleep over any "hypothetical" trade banter. But if Lindros didnt play with LeClair, he likely wouldnt of done much and wouldnt seem such an err.

But, i still would trade anyone if it made sense.

Call me what you will.. but all this Pacioretty trade talk is giving my dormant John LeClair ulcer the Vesuvius treatment.

Arrrgh...I know. Guy is in a slump--trade him..... 5 goals is 2 games, wow his value is high right now, trade him :wall:

I would just like one time for one of our players to be great and NO ONE suggests he be traded. I think the last suggestion might have been sarasm, but at this point it still irritates me.

Arrrgh...I know. Guy is in a slump--trade him..... 5 goals is 2 games, wow his value is high right now, trade him :wall:

I would just like one time for one of our players to be great and NO ONE suggests he be traded. I think the last suggestion might have been sarasm, but at this point it still irritates me.

Unfortunately, you will have to live with it. Value always peaks when things are going good.

Unfortunately, you will have to live with it. Value always peaks when things are going good.

Thank you - Captain Obvious! You should write a blog, too, too, too!

*yawns

While I wouldn't mind trading Bourque, it's important to remember he's one of the few offensive threats with size that we possess. He may not be an elite power forward, but he is a power forward nonetheless. Since we are clearly a team that rolls 3 offensive lines, I think Bourque fits in well because he's not really expected to produce on a nightly basis. In fact, you can say the same thing for most of the team. Score by committee.

Guest Stogey24

I'd like to see Bourque come back and play with the kids.... put Prust on the fourth.

Bournival is capable of playing right wing. I'd love to see

Galchenyuk-Eller-Bournival. Tons of speed.

Is Rene ready to go for Wednesday?

If so honestly who gets scratched?

I think Gionta could us a break he's an old man.

Erat has asked for a trade from the Caps.

Not that I want him here just saying.

Guest Stogey24

Is Rene ready to go for Wednesday?

If so honestly who gets scratched?

I think Gionta could us a break he's an old man.

Erat has asked for a trade from the Caps.

Not that I want him here just saying.

I would scratch Bourque. Are we not 2 and 0 with him out of the line up?

Bourny helps any line he's on. I'd say he's probably more defensively reliable than Bourque too, which is important when playing with Galchenyuk.

bournival does produce on any line he's on. Bourque doesn't.

A combo of

Gally - Eller - Bourque

Moen - Bournival - Prust

Gives us more than

Gally - Eller - Bournival

Moen - Prust - Bourque

IMO.

I would actually put Bpurque back on the LW with Pleks and Gionta.

Gally Eller Briere. Gally needs to play with a shooter to be effective.

Let Bournival play on the 4th and move him up if others struggle.

Indeed. It's the rookie treatment, and I'm okay with that.

He's also making things happen with Moen on the fourth. Why not keep him there?

Because I think we can get much more offense with him playing with Eller and Galchenyuk. They aren't as dangerous without Galleghar. I'd have 3 strong lines than two strong and 2 okay lines.

I actually like how Therrien moves Moen to the Plek line to shut down top lines when playing with the lead. Having Bournival on the 4th, suddenly turns our 4th line into an offensive threat, when Moen and Briere switch.

Hearing Paccioretty rumors scares me a little. Is he not happy?

The rumours stem from reports saying teams are asking about him. In terms of his happiness, there has been speculation that he doesn't like how he was portrayed when he commented about the team blocking so many shots. That's nowhere near suggesting he'd want to be traded though, people are trying to link these two together when they're very likely unrelated.