Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24

Because the cap will be higher when he's a potential UFA. Also puts pressure on the team to give him the deal he wants now. As an RFA he loses leverage.

He's going to get what he wants either way.

Guest Stogey24

That's what many figured last time and here we are on a bridge deal. If the Habs want, they can take him to arbitration and force a one year deal.

Last time was completely different. He was in order for a bridge contract. This time around Subban is in the driver's seat. He's the best D-man in the league.

Last time was completely different. He was in order for a bridge contract. This time around Subban is in the driver's seat. He's the best D-man in the league.

Unless the Habs take him to arbitration (which is within their right). If they do so, it's a short-term deal no matter what.

Guest Stogey24

Unless the Habs take him to arbitration (which is within their right). If they do so, it's a short-term deal no matter what.

Anything could happen.

Best in the world, but not good enough for Team Canada, apparently :rolleyes: What do you want from an operation that chose Adam Foote to go play on the big ice.

Guest Stogey24

Best in the world, but not good enough for Team Canada, apparently :rolleyes: What do you want from an operation that chose Adam Foote to go play on the big ice.

Pisses me off. Is there a more passionate player out there than subban? I can sense some racism at times.

So would he become UFA after that ? Cuz if the answer is yes, a bridge deal following a "strike" + taking him to arbitration might just be what we need to see him leave or ask for a trade... Disaster material right there.

So would he become UFA after that ? Cuz if the answer is yes, a bridge deal following a "strike" + taking him to arbitration might just be what we need to see him leave or ask for a trade... Disaster material right there.

He's 2 years away, the Habs can ask for 1 or 2 years. Although, as I skim the CBA, the party in which the arbitration is filed against gets the final say. In that case, Subban would likely elect the 2 which would take him to UFA.

Guys, if you see a post from a spam bot, please hit the report button instead of replying to them. Thanks.

I'd like to report this spammer and post padder.

• Upvote 2

And now Bob McKenzie is hypothesizing that all this hubbub with Subban is a result of contract negotiations. Which makes sense, from the team's POV: you aren't playing as well, aren't proven, so less money for you. But IMO, that would be bargaining in bad faith. McKenzie also suggests Subban might be looking at a two-year deal for arbitration and UFA potential. I hope the only contract he signs is very long-term. I'm mildly concerned with all the brow-ha-ha right now.

And now Bob McKenzie is hypothesizing that all this hubbub with Subban is a result of contract negotiations. Which makes sense, from the team's POV: you aren't playing as well, aren't proven, so less money for you. But IMO, that would be bargaining in bad faith. McKenzie also suggests Subban might be looking at a two-year deal for arbitration and UFA potential. I hope the only contract he signs is very long-term. I'm mildly concerned with all the brow-ha-ha right now.

McKenzie thought Subban would be traded last season. It was entirely based on his own opinion and nothing for what he knew what Bergevin was going to do.

I thought he said the opposite on twitter today? Might have read it wrong, I was slacking at work and may have rushed through it.

Guest Stogey24

McKenzie thought Subban would be traded last season. It was entirely based on his own opinion and nothing for what he knew what Bergevin was going to do.

He does know his stuff though for sure.

Not this subject. He also endorsed McGuire for GM.

As much as McGuire kinda makes my skin crawl, who knows maybe he would be fine as GM? Unlikely but.....

As much as McGuire kinda makes my skin crawl, who knows maybe he would be fine as GM? Unlikely but.....

McGuire is pretty much an Internet couch GM before the Internet. He was a guy who knew statistics and facts but had no knowledge behind them. He rose up quick as a coach without much result and rose quick in the Whalers organization due to influence. He was supposed to become coach/GM but Holmgren kept his GM job. McGuire then exposed himself as being a guy who can remember facts but not apply them and was one of the worst coaches in NHL history. His claim to fame is angering Jaromir Jagr with his comments enough for Jagr to play like it was the Stanley Cup finals against Hartford. When he got fired he bounced around assistant coaching jobs and hasn't had a serious job in the NHL since. It also doesn't help he doesn't want to work up into a position. His best friend Ray Shero wanted him to be his assistant GM in Pittsburgh, probably the cushiest job a guy could have to launch him to a GM career and McGuire refused because it wasn't a GM position.

McGuire is a guy who has a lot of friends and knows a lot of things but he doesn't know how to use any of it.

Read into this what you will...

The following two Eastern teams scouted the Avs-Predators game last night...

Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs. What does that mean? Probably nothing. But Montreal has really scouted the Avs heavily this year. It seems like an awful lot for a team that has already played the Avs once and won't play them again until later in the year.

http://sulia.com/channel/colorado-avalanche/f/1ac9d231-34e4-4df9-89fb-d50393866438/