Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The only way we could get screwed on PK is if some idiot gives him an offer sheet for 12 mill or some stupid thing like that. We might not match that, I don't know, but my understanding is that PK is not entertaining any offer sheets.

I just read on laPresse that Bergevin announced that he didn't intend to offer Vanek and Parros any contracts.

The news around the Habs is too quiet for my tastes. I think something is in the works.

Vanek-No rumours

Weaver-No rumors

Weise-Surprise deal

Ryder-Surprise deal

Ryder? did I miss something?

Ryder? did I miss something?

i think he is referring to last year's Cole for Ryder deal.

I just read on laPresse that Bergevin announced that he didn't intend to offer Vanek and Parros any contracts.

That suck's if Vanek does sign a reasonable deal elsewhere. No way i'd give him the $49M/7yr deal the Isles offered, but given the term and dollars that Gaborik just signed for, who knows, a front loaded 6 year deal that averages out to around $5.5M would be something i wouldn't hesitate to offer him.

We do need another bona-fide scorer and the only other UFA option i'd be interested in is Moulson. As i've been stating for over a year now, my preferred option would be going after Kane in a package centred around Pleks.

The only way we could get screwed on PK is if some idiot gives him an offer sheet for 12 mill or some stupid thing like that. We might not match that, I don't know, but my understanding is that PK is not entertaining any offer sheets.

Stupid local radio station (rock95) morning crew report a rumour that the Bruins have made P.K. Subban an offer.

Since he's not officially a free agent for 4 more days, I find this highly suspect.

I have said this in the past and will keep holding to it... a unsigned offer sheet will just remain sheet.

AND I realllllllly don`t think P.K. wants to play for another team (well for now) so as long as the Habs don`t offer him sheet figures for his bucks, he will sign here :)

Stupid local radio station (rock95) morning crew report a rumour that the Bruins have made P.K. Subban an offer.

Since he's not officially a free agent for 4 more days, I find this highly suspect.

The RFA negotiation period is open so technically they could make him an offer. Doing that doesn't necessarily constitute an offer sheet though.

Besides, Rock95's sports coverage is not exactly the greatest (unless it's the Colts) so I wouldn't trust that report.

On his first RFA contract, I had a friend in Detroit media who said both the Red Wings and Flyers made offer sheets to Subban and he turned both of them down. Don't know how legitimate it was but we never hear about offer sheets that are not signed.

Can you imagine PK in a Bruins jersey!!!!! :flaming: I think I would kill myself.

Zoot Suit, just lock up this blossoming superstar on a maximum-length deal so we can put an end to all such nonsense.

Zuit Suit said that discussions with Don Meehan have been ongoing for a little while now and that they made some significant progress yesterday.

I have NO doubt Zuit Suit will get the deal done. P.K. isn't going anywhere!!!

They can't even find the cap space to sign Iginla right now, so I don't see how they could possibly even entertain the idea of an offer sheet.

• Upvote 1

Besides, Rock95's sports coverage is not exactly the greatest (unless it's the Colts) so I wouldn't trust that report.

It wasn't even their sportscaster. It was the morning crew (Tim, Amy and Oz.) As funny as that bunch can be, whenever they open their mouths about sports I feel like strangling them.

Mackenzie reporting that Habs are players for Jason Garrison! Unexpected...and interesting.

His contract is a bargain. 29 year old D-man who likes to block shots and put up 33 points last year, with 4 years remaining at 4.6 Million.

I'm not sure what Vancouver is looking for in the deal. I would assume we're either moving D-men, or not re-signing Weaver if this is true.

Garrison is rated a "disappointment" in Van because he came in off a 16-goal season and simply hasn't provided that kind of offence since then. And he is associated in general with the malaise that has afflicted the organization since 2011. However, he is a legit top-4 defenceman with a reasonable cap hit, so I'm all for it - assuming a reasonable return, natch!

I love that every rumour I hear suggests MB understands very clearly where this team needs help: D and W.

I love that every rumour I hear suggests MB understands very clearly where this team needs help: D and W.

W, I can see.

D, I don't understand.

At some point, we have to try to develop Pateryn, Tinordi, and Beaulieu. All will eventually be top-4 defenders in the NHL, and Pateryn is 24 years old. We can't get them all ready at once...it'd kill us. I think ultimately we're going to have to trade one or two.

Beyond that:

Subban - one of the top 3 all-around D-men in the NHL.

Markov - a top 30 all-around D-man in the NHL.

Gorges - one of the best stay-at-home defenders in the NHL.

Emelin - I love this guy. One of the most dangerous physical hard-hitting D-men in the NHL.

Weaver - if we re-sign him, he's just a slightly less talented version of Josh Gorges.

I'm happy with those 5 as our defense corps. I wouldn't want to move ANY of them. I'd take Garrison over Weaver, certainly.

I find it absolute crap. Those guys have got to put the pipe down and get some sleep.

Garrison is rated a "disappointment" in Van because he came in off a 16-goal season and simply hasn't provided that kind of offence since then. And he is associated in general with the malaise that has afflicted the organization since 2011. However, he is a legit top-4 defenceman with a reasonable cap hit, so I'm all for it - assuming a reasonable return, natch!

His shooting percentage was in the threes last year, but that year he had down here it was almost ten. His average is around 7%, so he's good for 12-15 per season. His hit total concerns me, less than one a game last year. He sank under Tortorella.

Well, Tampa grabbed Garrison for a song. We missed an opportunity there.

If the Habs had their 2nd, it still would have cost a bit more on top of that to get him since Tampa's 2nd is a few spots higher.

Too bad about Garrison. I think he would have finally pushed Gorges down to the #5 slot where he belongs, leaving the youngsters to jostle over slot #6 - just about an ideal scenario for a D that needs that one extra top-4 guy to be legitimately world-class. Oh, well.