Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

As it stands, Boston is hard up against the cap and will be facing a penalty for bonuses, giving them even less space. Unless they make a move, they don't have the room to sign Iginla. I know its wishful thinking but that would be an awesome upgrade at RW, better than Vanek imho, and given his age, the length of the contract wont be unbearable. If MB plays the cards right, we still have the dough to ink Subban, Eller, Iggy and Gio. I know alot of people around here don't want Gio back but at the right price I think he is a great fit on the 3rd line

I would love to get iggy but has he ever expressed a willingness to play here? I just always got the sense he would prefer to stay on an American team now and one with a top end center he can play with.

As it stands, Boston is hard up against the cap and will be facing a penalty for bonuses, giving them even less space. Unless they make a move, they don't have the room to sign Iginla. I know its wishful thinking but that would be an awesome upgrade at RW, better than Vanek imho, and given his age, the length of the contract wont be unbearable. If MB plays the cards right, we still have the dough to ink Subban, Eller, Iggy and Gio. I know alot of people around here don't want Gio back but at the right price I think he is a great fit on the 3rd line

Unless you've got Gionta taking a huge pay cut or Iginla taking another low base/high bonus contract, they don't have the money to sign all four.

I would love to get iggy but has he ever expressed a willingness to play here? I just always got the sense he would prefer to stay on an American team now and one with a top end center he can play with.

I think the issue with Iggy is that he really want to win a CUP above all. The question is, does he think he would have that opportunity in Montreal. We showed this season that we have at least as good of a chance as the Bruins. With a young core that features Price and Subban that could entice him but on the other hand, he could just sign a 1 million dollar deal with Chicago or LA.

Unless you've got Gionta taking a huge pay cut or Iginla taking another low base/high bonus contract, they don't have the money to sign all four.

Well if there isnt $$ for all 4 than Gio would have to be the odd man out, assuming Iggy would want to come.

P.S. your food for thought is hilarious.

Per twitter, the Canadiens will not offer a deal to Mike Weaver.

Here comes Bouillon! :quebec:

Just read the same thing on Lapresse.ca

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I really liked Weaver, but if this means that we're making some room for the rookies, then I'm all for it. The Habs had better not offer an extension to Franky Boo. Again, I like the guy, but he's gonna be 39 years old. Thank you for you services Franky, but out the door you go!

We need room on our roster for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn...

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I really liked Weaver, but if this means that we're making some room for the rookies, then I'm all for it. The Habs had better not offer an extension to Franky Boo. Again, I like the guy, but he's gonna be 39 years old. Thank you for you services Franky, but out the door you go!

Just please no bouillon.

If they bring boo boo back and drop weaver I am going to question someone's sanity.

Per twitter, the Canadiens will not offer a deal to Mike Weaver.

Here comes Bouillon! :quebec:

The same article that says the Habs won't make an offer prior to July 1st also says the same is the case for Bouillon. By the sounds of things, the door isn't closed on Weaver though, but Montreal will look to see if they can get someone else in once the market opens up and could use Weaver as a Plan B, C, etc.

The same article that says the Habs won't make an offer prior to July 1st also says the same is the case for Bouillon. By the sounds of things, the door isn't closed on Weaver though, but Montreal will look to see if they can get someone else in once the market opens up and could use Weaver as a Plan B, C, etc.

I was wondering the same thing, Weaver deal after July 1st, maybe a different direction in a UFA, Orpik for example, or maybe a trade brewing for a top 4 guy?

Very surprising. I guess Weaver's demands were too high, but it seems pretty strange to me.

I think you are right. Watch him get around 3M / year with the Oilers or Penguins.

I also just read that the habs won't be offering Franky Boo an offer. Bye Bye Franky. Thanks for your services!

I wonder who the Habs are looking at with the Panthers???

At 23 yrs old, Kulikov is quite a skilled guy, 125 hits last year, and 8 goals, and would add speed and a 6'1" 205 lb possible #4 Defenseman....

Yeah, I'd give up Bourque + for that.

It was expected that veteran agent Don Meehan and his Newport Sports team were to meet Thursday with Montreal Canadiens management regarding RFA star blueliner P.K. Subban. There have been people speculating about a possible offer sheet but that appears to be a waste of time, a Habs source telling ESPN.com that the club would match it in no time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/31597/rumblings-kesler-watch-stastny-market

They should be focused on getting him signed ASAP. Report is that kane and Toews are looking for $12M/yr EACH on their new deal. The longer MB waits, the more expensive Subban is going to get. Who knows how much some stupid team will pay Niskenen.

I also just read that the habs won't be offering Franky Boo an offer. Bye Bye Franky. Thanks for your services!

I wonder who the Habs are looking at with the Panthers???

As it turns out, Bouillon is in the same boat as Weaver as per Bergevin this afternoon. He won't get an offer before Tuesday but they're not closing the door on him returning (if they don't get whoever they want on the market, maybe they circle back).

They should be focused on getting him signed ASAP. Report is that kane and Toews are looking for $12M/yr EACH on their new deal. The longer MB waits, the more expensive Subban is going to get. Who knows how much some stupid team will pay Niskenen.

Not sure is true is it?

Price never signed till late Aug/Sept as a RFA did he?

Toews/Kane are not RFAs neither, are they?

We all know he will be signed to boatload of cash sometime this summer, so really dosent matter when signed, does it?

But, you could be correct and Habs might get a better deal if signed earlier, for all I know. (i am sure dlbalr would have a better opinion on it)