Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Well look at it like this...... In The next 5 years time do you see Montreal being a cup contender through out that time?  I honestly don't.

So would you want to trade a 33 year old Price and get more for him, or get less for a 37 year old Price?

Yes Price would prefer to stay and win in Montreal, but I think he would want a chance to win a cup more. So if he was asked for a list of teams to be traded to he would understand.

Price is retiring as a Hab.

Just now, DON said:

Price is retiring as a Hab.

I think he will ask to be traded if things don’t improve dramatically next year.

Out of all the habs forwards needing scratch, he was the least likely, 

conspiracy theory would be more ice time for Byron up the line up, 

Don't see teams wanted to get a beter look at cousins or weal 

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Out of all the habs forwards needing scratch, he was the least likely, 

conspiracy theory would be more ice time for Byron up the line up, 

Don't see teams wanted to get a beter look at cousins or weal 

Byron is playing well

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Never heard of that guy before this thread.  Any idea on his track record?

I haven't seen much from him on the rumour front before but he is around the team a lot as one of their beat guys for an independent site over the last couple of years so I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it outright.

More on Kovalchuk:

If that's the price tag, I'd pass.

36 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I haven't seen much from him on the rumour front before but he is around the team a lot as one of their beat guys for an independent site over the last couple of years so I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it outright.

More on Kovalchuk:

If that's the price tag, I'd pass.

3.5 base with bonuses.... id sign that in a second.

3.5 is the cost of a third liner.  1 year deal is no risk... and he only costs more if hes more productive.

Add in that his presence makes Romanov more comfortable off ice and its even better.  And no, i dont think you need the guys defence partner to break in a kid.  Look at gallagher, he started off with gorges.  It's not needed to be his partner, its someone who is going to translate the coach and also be there off ice when the kid needs to cook, order food, etc...

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

On a one year deal I would do that for Kovalchuk. We have lots of cap space so his salary doesn't concern me at all - on a one year deal.

No thanks, ship him out ASAP for a pick.

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Look at gallagher, he started off with gorges.  It's not needed to be his partner, its someone who is going to translate the coach and also be there off ice when the kid needs to cook, order food, etc...

Gallagher would be Gallagher no matter how much help vets were for him. Didnt help Kostitsyn's, Price, Galchenyuk, Tinordi etc

Time for Habs to do things differently than have for past 25+years.

And signing washed up old timers hasnt worked, so stop doing that for a start, other than rentals when contending.

42 minutes ago, DON said:

Gallagher would be Gallagher no matter how much help vets were for him. Didnt help Kostitsyn's, Price, Galchenyuk, Tinordi etc

And signing washed up old timers hasnt worked, so stop doing that for a start, other than rentals when contending.

it depends what Kovalchucky’s trade value is. If you’re getting a 3rd for him, then just sign him to that reasonable-sounding deal. The higher into the second round the pick goes, the more sense it makes to ship him out.

I’m intrigued by those Colorado rumours and amuse myself with the idea of a major multiplayer deal. Kovalchuk could be a useful throw in in such a context. Improbable but fun to imagine.

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m intrigued by those Colorado rumours and amuse myself with the idea of a major multiplayer deal. Kovalchuk could be a useful throw in in such a context. Improbable but fun to imagine.

Same here, I've been posting a few ideas but nothing that seems reasonable. I want to have some bragging rights if I can figure it out before it happens, will prbably try again tomorrow :)

Didnt price live alone? Wasnt diet and nutrition a problem for him?

Didnt Galchenyuk have his mom living with him instead of living with a veteran?

Im a big believer that when you bring in a kid, having a veteran showing good nutrition and workout habits is important.  

Obviously, if kovalchuk is able to play well at 36, hes doing something right.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

3.5 base with bonuses.... id sign that in a second.

3.5 is the cost of a third liner.  1 year deal is no risk... and he only costs more if hes more productive.

Add in that his presence makes Romanov more comfortable off ice and its even better.  And no, i dont think you need the guys defence partner to break in a kid.  Look at gallagher, he started off with gorges.  It's not needed to be his partner, its someone who is going to translate the coach and also be there off ice when the kid needs to cook, order food, etc...

All of this. Yes.

And if the situation warrants, we can rent him out at next year's deadline for a pick.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Kovalchuk is 36, but 0.57 PPG isn't entirely washed up. A late second-round pick has less than a 25% chance of becoming an NHL regular -- and several years later at best. In the meantime, Kovalchuk can help bridge the gap until Caufield et al are ready.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Those considered washed up when signed: Kinkaid, Tatar, Weise, Thompson, Radulov, Schlemko, Ott, King, Morrow, Malhorta, Vanek, Gonchar, Kaberle, Ryder, Briere, Bouillon, Sopel, Mara

I would take a chance on Kovalchuk

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Same here, I've been posting a few ideas but nothing that seems reasonable. I want to have some bragging rights if I can figure it out before it happens, will prbably try again tomorrow :)

My prediction is Domi is the piece Colorado wants and he will be traded this weekend. I have no idea what pieces and parts are involved but Domi will be an Avalanche.

Second prediction are all minor deals such as Thompson, maybe Weal, maybe Kovalchuck

Tatar and Petry will still be Canadiens next week