Jump to content

Permanent Rumour Thread


Fanpuck33
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lundkvist is a top, top right d prospect.

 

Id be ecstatic if we got him and Kravtsov and a 2nd and 3rd.

 

Nemeth is a dump.

 

This trade would be a huge win.

 

That said the poster isnt known to be reliable.  Im calling bullshit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dlbalr

    1430

  • The Chicoutimi Cucumber

    1390

  • DON

    928

  • Commandant

    1239

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lundkvist is a top, top right d prospect.

 

Id be ecstatic if we got him and Kravtsov and a 2nd and 3rd.

 

Nemeth is a dump.

 

This trade would be a huge win.

 

That said the poster isnt known to be reliable.  Im calling bullshit.

 

I think we would have heard about it first from Lebrun, Dreger or someone of that caliber. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

The trade.would also.push us to 49 contracts

Per CapFriendly, NYRs only are using 45/50 contract slides ... so I expect in the concept of that trade that Hughes would push to include an AHL contract ... maybe two if he could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-canadiens-gm-could-trade-ben-chiarot-and-jeff-petry/c-330875530

 

Seravalli:Trade Targets

2. Ben Chiarot
Left Defense, Montreal Canadiens
Age: 30
Contract: Pending UFA, $3.5 million AAV
Last Rank: 2nd
Scoop: Canadiens GM Kent Hughes sent a not-so-subtle message on Wednesday. If you want Chiarot, step up and get him. Because Hughes said the Canadiens “won’t wait for the market” in order to move the in-demand defenseman, who was injured on Saturday. He’s not expected to be out long, but that doesn’t mean the Habs have any interest in plugging him back into the lineup right away. There’s a chance he’s played his last game as a Canadien. There is hardly a Cup contending team Chiarot would not improve; Chiarot is a minute-chewing, dependable defenseman who is also incredibly well-liked in locker rooms.

9. Jeff Petry
Right Defense, Montreal Canadiens
Age: 34
Contract: 3 more seasons, $6.25 million AAV
🆕 Last Rank: NR
Scoop: Habs GM Kent Hughes also confirmed on Wednesday that Montreal is trying to help Petry find a new home. He said: “If we can find a trade that works for us and another team, we’re going to do it. But it has to work.” Translation: We’re not giving him away. Yes, it’s been a disastrous season for Petry (and the Canadiens) for a whole host of reasons. Some of them probably are personal; Petry’s family is living back in the U.S. in part because of the coronavirus restrictions in Quebec. The other part is the total erosion of support on the ice. Petry scored 170 points over the last four seasons. His salary cap hit may require some massaging by Montreal, but teams aren’t under the disillusion that he forgot how to play hockey this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Per CapFriendly, NYRs only are using 45/50 contract slides ... so I expect in the concept of that trade that Hughes would push to include an AHL contract ... maybe two if he could.

Good point.

 

There are still guys like JS Dea, Joel Teasdale, and Louis Belpedio who could easily be added to any deal to clear a contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

There are still guys like JS Dea, Joel Teasdale, and Louis Belpedio who could easily be added to any deal to clear a contract. 

 

I'm surprised you have Teasdale in with that group.  As someone that still has another year of waiver exemption remaining after this and has shown himself to be a decent prospect when healthy, I don't think he's in that throwaway range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

He's been injured so much, I guess I just don't have faith in him getting past it. 

 

The skating worries me (I haven't seen much of him since he came back) but I still think there's some upside at least as long as the continued knee issues don't persist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris Johnston on Chiarot:

 

He mentions Montreal is willing to accept prospects instead of picks in this move which isn't a surprise.  He adds the Habs are willing to eat 50% of the contract.  He suggests Toronto could be a front-runner for him.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't see that it would be a problem at all for the Habs to eat 50%, it's only for 1 year, would make the deal easier to make. 

Agreed ... only for this season, really the remainder of this season, leaves full flexibility going forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't see that it would be a problem at all for the Habs to eat 50%, it's only for 1 year, would make the deal easier to make. 

It would also increase his value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RDS said that the Habs had enquired about Ilya Samsonov. It's unclear whether that would have been before or after the Hammond acquisition. I can't see that Samsonov would come cheap.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

RDS said that the Habs had enquired about Ilya Samsonov. It's unclear whether that would have been before or after the Hammond acquisition. I can't see that Samsonov would come cheap.

 

If that's true, that would suggest there is long-term concern with Price.  Samsonov won't be cheap, he's not the type of goalie you'd want filling the Hammond role.  Washington has interest in Fleury so I wonder if they're kicking the tires to see if the Caps would move Samsonov out or would just carry three goalies down the stretch.

 

(For anyone that wants to go down this rabbit hole of an idea, Washington had two scouts at the game last night.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right. Samsonov makes more sense as a (future) #1, although there is still admittedly some risk (only 74 NHL games).

 

So, for us to give up players (whom we might otherwise trade for futures) or futures, yes, the risk of Price going LTIR has to be high. In this scenario, we would definitely need to be trading Allen, so we'd have Samsonov and Montembeault as the two goalies.

 

We would effectively get nothing for Price, though, bar freeing up cap space. He would be on LTIR for four years, the same as Weber, so there would be no incremental LTIR extension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go Hoffman Go.

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/02/17/hoffman-could-be-the-next-habs-casualty/

 

According to NHL external Central Scouting consultant Maxim Guerin, it’s just a matter of time before Mike Hoffman is traded by the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs apparently want to rid themselves of his contract.

According to the information Guerin was given, four teams have inquired about Hoffman’s availability. Three of those teams are the Anaheim Ducks, the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Remember that on this very site, we had predicted that the Penguins were a likely destination for the Canadiens’ winger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Go Hoffman Go.

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/02/17/hoffman-could-be-the-next-habs-casualty/

 

According to NHL external Central Scouting consultant Maxim Guerin, it’s just a matter of time before Mike Hoffman is traded by the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs apparently want to rid themselves of his contract.

According to the information Guerin was given, four teams have inquired about Hoffman’s availability. Three of those teams are the Anaheim Ducks, the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Remember that on this very site, we had predicted that the Penguins were a likely destination for the Canadiens’ winger.

 

Would not shed a tear ... but not worth retaining salary IMO if that is what it takes to make the deal ... there are two more years on his deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guerin has been right what, once or twice out of many rumours he has posted over the years?  If Pittsburgh is struggling to find the money to re-sign all of Malkin, Letang, and Rust, they're not going to make life harder for themselves by going and adding Hoffman.  Washington has no need for him (they'll wait for Mantha to come back), nor can they afford him.  Anaheim actually is a reasonable fit but are they buying?  They also are a very strict budget team though so he may not be in their price range; a lot depends on who among their pending UFAs they can keep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

 

Would not shed a tear ... but not worth retaining salary IMO if that is what it takes to make the deal ... there are two more years on his deal.

 

I agree, not worth retaining salary unless the return is worth it. It's great if some teams are interested as I am pretty sure Hoffman doesn't fit into the rebuilding plans and he is a 1 dimensional player.  Anything decent they could get would be a bonus. It's not like they had to give up anything for him and it would free up more cap space. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I see where Juraj Slavkovsky ended up leading the Olympics in scoring with 7 goals. Not too shabby for a 17 year old who happens to be 6' 4", 215 lbs.  Is this the guy the Habs target if they don't get Wright or may he challenge Wright for the #1 spot? 

The note of caution here is that this is much like NHL playoff scoring -- the players on the finalists have a much better chance of leading the stats. For a point of comparison, Slavkovsky has seven goals in seven games, whereas Farrell put up 4g+3a in four games.

 

Still, the seven goals is awesome for a 17 yo kid.

 

(The footnote is that Farrell was a much-less impressive 1g+1a in three games if you exclude the 8-0 US blowout of China.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The note of caution here is that this is much like NHL playoff scoring -- the players on the finalists have a much better chance of leading the stats. For a point of comparison, Slavkovsky has seven goals in seven games, whereas Farrell put up 4g+3a in four games.

 

Still, the seven goals is awesome for a 17 yo kid.

 

(The footnote is that Farrell was a much-less impressive 1g+1a in three games if you exclude the 8-0 US blowout of China.)

 

I have been watching clips of him, great hands and puck control, can really shoot the puck, will  likely be  225-230lbs when he fills out, not a speedy skater but very strong on his skates. A lot to like. I am sure Commandant has a better read but I will be surprised if he doesn't go top 3 or 4 as I expect he will move up the charts.

 

That is pretty awesome, 7 goals in 7 games at the Olympics playing against men on the big ice surface. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That is pretty awesome, 7 goals in 7 games at the Olympics playing against men on the big ice surface. 

 

The rinks in Beijing were actually using NHL dimensions which is abnormal for international competitions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I see where Juraj Slavkovsky ended up leading the Olympics in scoring with 7 goals. Not too shabby for a 17 year old who happens to be 6' 4", 215 lbs.  Is this the guy the Habs target if they don't get Wright or may he challenge Wright for the #1 spot? 

 

He's probably #3 right now. 

 

Logan Cooley is probably #2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...