Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

you are right. I saw he was picked in the second round but didn't check the year.

He will probably replace Paquette or Pezzetta as the 13th forward

He will probably get playing time as we start trading players... and then when his contract is up they will let him walk. 

he's nothing more than a contract we had to take to make this work cap wise and 50 contracts wise for calgary.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

you are right. I saw he was picked in the second round but didn't check the year.

He will probably replace Paquette or Pezzetta as the 13th forward

Because one of them will move up to 12th? We're one top-six forward down with this transaction.

I wonder now that the Toffoli trade is done whether Charot will be traded sooner rather than later.  It does make sense as team have more time to fit him into the lineup. That's assuming the money can work and I don't think the Habs would have any problem eating part of the contract if need be.  I worry about Charot getting hurt as he does play a physical game. 

58 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I wonder now that the Toffoli trade is done whether Charot will be traded sooner rather than later.  It does make sense as team have more time to fit him into the lineup. T

Waiting till closer to deadline might be plan... but assume his minor injury should spur Hughes to deal sooner than later and risk bigger playoff missing injury.

29 minutes ago, DON said:

Waiting till closer to deadline might be plan... but assume his minor injury should spur Hughes to deal sooner than later and risk bigger playoff missing injury.

Part of that equation is also who is trading for him ... if it is a team solidly in the playoffs they may not be as motivated to make a deal now ... if it is a team chasing a playoff spot then they may want to make a move sooner and take themselves out of the bidding by the deadline.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I wonder now that the Toffoli trade is done whether Charot will be traded sooner rather than later.  It does make sense as team have more time to fit him into the lineup. That's assuming the money can work and I don't think the Habs would have any problem eating part of the contract if need be.  I worry about Charot getting hurt as he does play a physical game. 

I think they have their price.  If someone matches that price, he can be moved now. 

If not they will wait til the deadline and get as close as possible to the price. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Well...can i say, that was to be expected or a given.:ph34r:

Hey unless the Swedish kid is really good, seems like a low return. Especially since the 1st rounder is probably around 18-22

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

I think just the fact you spelled his name correctly is a good omen.

Rare case of using cut and paste instead of letting autocorrect screw up things😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Hey unless the Swedish kid is really good, seems like a low return. Especially since the 1st rounder is probably around 18-22

I am just being a jerk & teasing you, thats all.

I dont have a clue what 'should' of been Toffoli's value in trade and seems OK to me.

Per Darren Dreger, Chiarot was also involved in the Toffoli to Calgary talks before it got a little too pricey over the weekend. 

Pierre LeBrun notes Montreal may be inclined to move Chiarot in the next 7-10 days.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-chiarot-almost-traded-to-flames-in-toffoli-deal-could-be-on-move-soon~2382452

Return on Chiarot may be as high as 1st round pick and a prospect

Frank Seravalli:

"Speaking of the Avalanche: What would Colorado be willing to give up to add before the deadline?

GM Joe Sakic said last week he is open to the possibility of trading his 2023 first-round pick. (They don’t have one this summer, they traded it to Arizona in the deal for Darcy Kuemper.)

Teams have been curious which prospects could be on the move. Is Alex Newhook in play? The answer is believed to be no, according to sources. Newhook is a big part of Colorado’s future.

However, word is filtering out that that defenseman Justin Barron is available in the right deal. Barron, 20 is a 2020 first-round pick. He has 15 points in 30 AHL games this season. File his name away."

Would Chariot be a fit with Aves?

22 minutes ago, huzer said:

A little Habs/NYR action? Gorton going back to the well.

They do have a couple of very attractive RHD prospects, thought they might not be willing to part with those.

4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I can see Byron, lehkonen and chiarot  being a good fit for NYR. Would improve their over all team D. 

Lekhonen & Chiarot sure. Can’t see why they would want Byron given the $ and term he’s got remaining.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Lekhonen & Chiarot sure. Can’t see why they would want Byron given the $ and term he’s got remaining.

Agreed, I am sure the Habs would love to throw Byron into a deal but 3.4M next year for a guy who is just getting over an injury and needs to get back into form can't be that attractive. 

18 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, I am sure the Habs would love to throw Byron into a deal but 3.4M next year for a guy who is just getting over an injury and needs to get back into form can't be that attractive. 

What about 1.7 next year?

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It would undoubtedly make him easier to trade ... but do H&G want to use up one of their three "retention slots" for next season on Byron (rest of this season too if traded before the deadline?   $64,000 question is what their plans (if any) are for those slots.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

That would certainly make him more attractive and I guess it would depend on the return. It is only for 1 year after this and the Habs should have cap room to retain some money next year.  If it helps with a package to land a very good young prospect or high draft pick then it may very well be worth it. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

It would undoubtedly make him easier to trade ... but do H&G want to use up one of their three "retention slots" for next season on Byron (rest of this season too if traded before the deadline?   $64,000 question is what their plans (if any) are for those slots.

I suspect there is no yes or no answer as to whether they would retain on Byron or not. It all depends on the return.  If the return has a premium to encourage retention, then they will do it... if not, then they save the slot and cap space. 

Hughes mentioned during his press conference today that he's in discussions with Bobrov so there's likely something to this.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/staff/9787/nickolai-bobrov

(For anyone wondering, Christer Rockstrom is currently in that role for the Habs and has been one of Montreal's international scouts for the last 12 years.)

Lundkvist and Kravtsov, OK, but Nemeth? Is that just a salary dump?

Kravtsov's value is probably roughly a second-round pick, maybe a late first. So, maybe Kravtsov plus the third for Chiarot.

I don't know Lundkvist well enough to assess though. Is Lundkvist (RD is good but he's no sure thing) for Lehkonen enough? Especially given Nemeth in the package?