Predictions for March 24th MTL @ BOS

BrenDittero

I think playing Tuukka Rask last game is an insight into the psychotic mind of Claude Julien.

talk about intent?

The whole organization of the Bruins are bullies and have no class

The NHL is like the crooked school superintendent

the poor Habs are the slack jawed, droopy eyed students, who can't stand up to them.

It makes me sad for Hockey when I hear a Father say he is seriously thinking of not putting his child in Hockey now..

Word is, Thomas took a shot off his glove hand and seemed to be favouring it, and that's why Rask got the nod.

It's too bad you they will need the points. Martin could scratch Subaan, Plek, and Gionta. Play Auld, and Bench Gomez, Cammie and Kostitsyn. Then tell the media that you did it because you were scared for the safety of youe players.

In the end, I expect a quieter affair. I said that about last game too and look what happened.

If the Bruins have been keeping tabs on it, I think the fallout from the Chara hit ( protests, threats of pulling sponsorship, news articles, comments from around the league ) will really have Boston and their fans looking for a fight on the 24th.

"Those sissy Canadiens / fans need to be taught a lesson right? How dare they stand up against a questionable play. Pacioretty's fine, he's walkin' around and everything "

If Montreal can get up by a goal or two at any point in the game It'll probably get pretty dirty on Bostons part.

Actually, even if Boston is up I assume we'll see some 'hockey plays'

If the Bruins have been keeping tabs on it, I think the fallout from the Chara hit ( protests, threats of pulling sponsorship, news articles, comments from around the league ) will really have Boston and their fans looking for a fight on the 24th.

"Those sissy Canadiens / fans need to be taught a lesson right? How dare they stand up against a questionable play. Pacioretty's fine, he's walkin' around and everything "

If Montreal can get up by a goal or two at any point in the game It'll probably get pretty dirty on Bostons part.

Actually, even if Boston is up I assume we'll see some 'hockey plays'

I would be surprised if the Weasel and his crew aren't at the game issuing warnings.

I would be surprised if the Weasel and his crew aren't at the game issuing warnings.

I would say you are absolutely right.

It'll make it all the more unbelievable when Boston does do something dirty and they turn a blind eye from the pressbox.

Boston may do something dirty, but it will not be Chara who does, he will be keeping a low profile I would assume.

I wouldn't put it past any of them...Chara included. Just seems to be the way some of the Bruins naturally play.

I don't think we'll see another hit on par with what happened to Patches, probably just more of the same we've seen from them all season.

Do you think the Matt Cooke / Brad Marchand suspensions will have any influence on the way the Bruins play on March 24th?

I'm not suggesting that it won't be a physical game, but could the league *crackdown* on goons curb some of the cheap shots from the Bruins?

or

Will it be business as usual in the TD Centre?

Haha did you all see the quote from Brad Marchand from the TSN article?

"I think it's about time he gets [suspended]," Marchand said. "He needs to be taught a lesson. He's doing that stuff left, right and centre. I expect he'll get a bunch of games. He's got to be taught a lesson. He can't be running around doing that stuff all the time. He's going to seriously hurt someone again - look at (Marc Savard). He could have easily hurt McDonagh."

The nerve of him..

You guys are looking way too deep into this game.

1. the habs have no one who could even handle Chara, Lucic, Thornton etc.

2. Only Moen, Mara, White, Subban (Kind of) even fight. They can't handle the Bruins big boys.

3. If The habs get points tonight, that game will be for first place, running around would be stupid, it should have been handled that night. The habs are 1 team thta could definitely use home ice advantage.

So my prediction, nothing much will happen, if the habs stick to there hgame plan, they could get 2 points and lead the division.

Do you think the Matt Cooke / Brad Marchand suspensions will have any influence on the way the Bruins play on March 24th?

I'm not suggesting that it won't be a physical game, but could the league *crackdown* on goons curb some of the cheap shots from the Bruins?

or

Will it be business as usual in the TD Centre?

Yep, remember Colin son is a Bruin. They are above the rules. They will come out trying to goon it up and throw Montreal off their game. They can't help but do this as they are no match for the speed and skill of the Habs. The record between these 2 teams showa how dominant Montreal is. Boston's only chance is to get the Habs dragged into a slugfest instead of a hockey game. The Habs will avoid this, take a 4 goal lead and then Boston will get down right dirty. They will try and take out as many of Montreals talented players as they can because they know Montreal will probably take them out in 4-5 games in the first round if they are even half healthy. It is wrong, but that is what will happen and they will get away with it. The league will call it good hockey.

Instead of adding a prediction, I thought I'd add a bit of poetry to help stir up some emotion in our Belarussian Bear. It may even help motivate a squad that may have a bit of fear after what happened the last two games against these guys. I love how the poem ends.

I realize that the ice rink is not a farmers field and a hockey stick is better used to hit a puck than to till soil... but the imagery to me still applies.

The Ploughman, Араты

by Zmiatrok Biadula

To the smith go I now, Для Сміта пайсці цяпер я,

I've a treasure, my plough, Я скарб, мой плуг,

He shall sharpen the share Ён павінен завастрыць доля

In the fire's mighty glare У магутнай блікі агню

Loud the hammer shall call Гучны малатка будзем называць

And the rust-flakes shall fall, І іржы шматкі ўпадуць,

Treasured plough, not a jest, Запаветныя плуг, не жартам,

Heard and tempered and best. Херд і загартаваным і лепш.

On the land's empty spread, На пустой распаўсюджвання зямлі,

On fields worked until dead, На палях працавалі да мёртвых,

I shall level it plain, Я буду узроўні раўніна,

Plough the field up again, Плуг полі зноў,

And set free, redolent, І адпусцілі, пахучы,

New-turned earth's vital scent. Нью-апынулася жыццёва пах зямлі.

There, where fear dwelt of old, Там, дзе жыў страх старых,

Where the loud cannon rolled, Дзе гучныя гарматы пракату,

There were Sodomish death Існавалі Sodomish смерці

Burned to ash with fire-breath, Спалены ў попел з агнём-дыханне,

Where the dew would smoke then Калі раса будзе паліць, то

With the blood of slain men, З крывёю забітых,

Where earth shuddering groaned, Дзе зямля стагнала скаланаючыся,

There my work shall go on. Там мая праца павінна працягвацца.

Go for naught, days of old! Перайсці на няма, дні старажытныя!

My strength grown hundred-fold, Мая сіла вырасла ў сотні разоў,

In my heart a fire lies, У маім сэрцы агонь хлусня,

And sparks flash in my eyes, І іскры ўспышкі ў маіх вачах,

I shall toss back my brow, Я буду пампаваць таму мой лоб,

With my arm shall smite now, З маёй руцэ ўдарыць цяпер,

Dawn to dawn, singing, pace Світання да світання, спевы, тэмпы

Throughout limitless space. На працягу бязмежнай прасторы.

Z. Biadula 1922 З. Biadula 1922

Well, Bettman won't be there but the warnings have already been issued. Terry Gregson, the director of officiating will be there as well and it's a pretty good veteran crew working the game. Here's hoping it doesn't get out of hand.

More info: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

The Vet crew didnn't stop the Bruins in the last game, it just made them dirtier when the Habs wouldn't fight.

The best way to get back at them is to blow them out 8-0.

Well, Bettman won't be there but the warnings have already been issued. Terry Gregson, the director of officiating will be there as well and it's a pretty good veteran crew working the game. Here's hoping it doesn't get out of hand.

Usually I hope for us to end this game with 2 points... now I just want us to end this game without more injuries. Would cry if we dished out a smaller one to Chara and/or Lucic as well... not dangerous injury but just a love tap like a black eye or something but that wont happen :D

O'Hallaran and O'Rourke, 2 Irish sounding name referees.... in Boston... You couldn't write this shit up.

O'Hallaran and O'Rourke, 2 Irish sounding name referees.... in Boston... You couldn't write this shit up.

Irish sounding, not necessarily of Irish descent though. Largely irrelevant overall I think, as we try and read too much into some things. It's about time we dropped the puck and actually got to thinking about the game, the hype has gone on long enough. :)

Also, someone else will need to do the GDT for this one, just tacking that on there.

That's quite funny. It gives us an argument to add if things turn bad. Adds up to the feeling that the league is on us.

Still, I don't expect any brawls or fights tonight. Bruins will be expecting the Habs to come with a vengeance and might be the ones on their heels. Let us show them our speed and resilience.